Divorce Lawyer

Thaihog

Can somebody recommend a competent (I know it's a big ask) english speaking divorce lawyer in Chiang Mai.

Before some smart ass says use the search function, I have, there are hardly any lawyers mentioned.

Please PM with details.

This is one thread I wish had numerous replies and opinions. Sadly, there is none yet I know many farangs in bad marriages and is/were in need of excellent legal help...

Double sadly, I would speculate the supply of competent lawyers and who can speak english would be quite small if at all...Law and order is not LOS does well

Sure would like to see some activity on this thread...Huge deficiency recommendation need by foreigners...

The lawyer I used coming via reference drawing up a will and a house lease agreement not very professional and had very poor english abilities...

CB

It all depends on the OP's needs.

If it's uncomplicated and both agree, just go to the Amphur and get divorced.

If there are complications and a lot of money involved, then the OP needs to search wisely.

Many lawyers will take on the case just for the money, but their speciality might not really be what the OP needs.

I did hear that Khun Nitiya has a 'fierce' reputation for 'getting things done', but I also understand she's booked well in advance and doesn't come cheap. It's just hearsay on my part - I'm not recommending her.

and doesn't come cheap. It's just hearsay on my part - I'm not recommending her.

doesnt come cheap, yeah right. thais paying hardly 5 digits, normal is 2 to 5k, not more. a decent lawyer not easy to find. if someone need, let me know. and sure, i dont want to commercial for lawyers...but she is really good! and cheap! speaks well english

and doesn't come cheap. It's just hearsay on my part - I'm not recommending her.

doesnt come cheap, yeah right. thais paying hardly 5 digits, normal is 2 to 5k, not more. a decent lawyer not easy to find. if someone need, let me know. and sure, i dont want to commercial for lawyers...but she is really good! and cheap! speaks well english

I think if both parties are in agreement and there's nothing else involved it's about 300 Baht (I think) and you don't need a lawyer!

Otherwise, surely the price would depend on the complexity of the divorce.

But your information sounds extremely good, maybe the OP will be in touch.

If there are complications and a lot of money involved, then the OP needs to search wisely.

Many lawyers will take on the case just for the money, but their speciality might not really be what the OP needs.

I did hear that Khun Nitiya has a 'fierce' reputation for 'getting things done', but I also understand she's booked well in advance and doesn't come cheap. It's just hearsay on my part - I'm not recommending her.

May I ask where K Nitiya practices and the name of her Law firm please ?

pm sent

pm sent

Thank you