Settlement Question.

My Fiancee today got a phone call from the embassy asking her a few questions, When do we plan to marry, my full name, my birth date and where did i ask her to marry me etc..

Was just curious in people past experience is it a good or bad thing when the embassy do this ?

Also she answered the question of where did i ask her to marry me question wrong as i think she may have misunderstood the question will this harm her chances at all ?

hi there, from my experience the phone call is quite routine, as for getting the question wrong or muddled I can only wish you luck and share this with you.

our application was refused as my fiance couldn't explain what job I did and answered something like 'I work in office, buy and sell something' the thing is I am not a builder or postman I work in the city as a futures trader on the London Metal Exchange, doesn't really translate too well to a girl from the north east, we are appealing at present and I just hope they can take that into account

there were no other doubts from the ECO but this and I suspect because it was in the early stages of relationship i.e just over 6 months were enough for them to feel there was doubt...thing is in those 6 months I visited Thailand 3 times haven't got much holiday left or i'd be out there again whilst waiting

sincerely hope they overlook the discrepency for your sakes as it is a long process to appeal and there is still no guarantee you will get it.

Best of luck and don't on my experience lose hope, just be aware ;)

Edited by norrona

Sorry to hear about your refusal , that does seem like a pretty stupid reason for it to be refused. Good luck with the appeal.

How long did it take after your phone call for you fiancee's passport be ready for collection ? If you dont mind me asking..

I know all applications are treated differently, so until we get the text message saying your passport is ready for collection we will just keep on waiting.

My wife got the dreaded phone call in May asking her a few questions. 2 days later received the text to pick up her passport, visa granted.

Congratulations to the both of you.. Hoping for the same success.

10 days approx

we applied in the dreaded March when it seemed everyone wanted a visa so I reckon that held up the wait after the phone call:(

like I say it is only our experience and fingers crossed they don't make anything of your concernB)