Info On Andriod Market Paid Apps

I'm sure everyone knows already you can't buy any apps from andriod market place in thailand. I've got some information regarding the paid apps

Source for the link below

http://asia.cnet.com/reviews/mobilephones/0,39050603,62062326,00.htm

Mind you that information is from march 31, 2010

Paid apps

The first, and most important, is that we can't buy applications from the Android Market. Paid apps have been available for over a year now, starting with the US. Google is rolling out this feature slowly across the world, with Canada being the latest to enjoy it. In our part of the world, Australia, Japan and New Zealand users can access paid apps. The rest of the countries are either North American or European.

Now, don't get confused. The Android Market is available to almost all the countries that have Android smartphones. But if you are in, say Taiwan or Thailand, all the applications that can be downloaded are the free ones. It gets worse for some countries. Users in Malaysia, for example, do not even have the Android Market program included with their smartphones. They have to install apps manually, or flash the phone's firmware with a version from another country just to enable Market.

Supported locations for distributing applications for andriod apps, this is from google's website, link below

http://www.google.com/support/androidmarket/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=138294

I hope this helps everyone who is curious about the paid apps

Neither. You select from various networks, like T-Mobile in the US or Telstra in Aus. It then fakes that netorks "gsm.sim.operator.numeric" value, and all the paid apps show up in the Android market. Works great.

(and why would you with Froyo on its way soon)

That all depends what phone you are using. There will not be an official Froyo update for my Hero. Rooting has allowed me to run an optimised 2.1 ROM for quite some time. HTC is just getting around to releasing it. Rooting allows me to over-clock the phone to 691 MHz. Also allows me to run some very useful apps that require root access. The coolest thing about Android phones is the ability to tinker, root, and run custom ROMS. It is simple to unroot if needed.

Edited by wimpy