How Much Time Do You Spend In Traffic?

One minute in traffic is too much for me. Nothings chaps my ass more than traffic. IMO life is too short to be wasting our time sitting there like that doing nothing. Unfortunately, it is something we all must deal with. :o

One minute in traffic is too much for me.  Nothings chaps my ass more than traffic.  IMO life is too short to be wasting our time sitting there like that doing nothing.  Unfortunately, it is something we all must deal with.  :D

Not necessary to waste your time always something to do

:o

I see yesterday in a report which was in the newspapapers on the most liveable countries dropped Thailands ranking due to the increased traffic congestion. Based on this they stated that the average speed in thailand was about 16.5 kilometres an hour due to traffic jams.

I tend to agree with that as I probably do about an hour a day sometimes more for what seems to be small journeys. Sends me absolutely crazy that I've installed a DVD TV monitor in the car to help pass the time.

The traffic system is organised in such a way that it promotes congestion not eleviate it. Look at the U-turn system, even the closest of destinations require you to travel long distances to find a u-turn to double back to your intended destination. Let alone you take your life in your hands as you conduct your U-turn into high speed on-coming traffic.

I wonder also what about the health consequences of this traffic congestion? Not only the obvious pollution and carbon monoxide poisoning but the other stress related illnesses.

Funny one for me, I live just near Cowboy and work just near Nana;

About 10 minutes drive in the morning, and about 45 minutes to get home.

I am interested if anyone can tell me a legal way to drive from Nana to Cowboy that doesn't involve going onto Rama 4 :o

I am interested if anyone can tell me a legal way to drive from Nana to Cowboy that doesn't involve going onto Rama 4 :o

Legal, I doubt it, but why not come out of Soi 6, get into the righthand lane, cross the lights and do a U in KFC, mind you, KFC everynight :D anyway I appreciate your problem.

I am interested if anyone can tell me a legal way to drive from Nana to Cowboy that doesn't involve going onto Rama 4 :D

Come out of Soi 6, get into the righthand lane, cross the lights, turn right into Soi 1, turn right into Bumrungrad, through the hospital complex, and either right into Soi 3 then left into Sukhumvit, or across Soi 3 into the Soi 11 extension and down into Sukhumvit from there.

A taxi once took me another route around the back of Soi 11 to Soi 23 but I can't remember... late at night, dark, raining, drunk... :o

Back on topic, when I lived in Sukhumvit Soi 6 it took me 1.5 hours to get to work in the morning, and 1.5-2 hours to get home... except on a Friday night when it would take 2-3 hours... and if it was raining... 3-4 hours. :D

Place of work: Samutprakarn.

Never again... :D

50mins this morning along the tollway from On Nut (Suk 62) to Chit Lom, leaving at 8:30am. If I leave around 8am or closer to 10am, I can do the journey in 20 minutes.

Going back is a complete lotto depending on time, but usually around 20mins after 8pm.