Which Bike To Buy For My Girlfriend? She Likes Honda Scoopy - Are Other Options Better?

Neole

I'll be buying a new bike in a day or two. I will use it for a month to get me and my girlfriend to the gym or big C etc. After that she'll be using it alone the rest of the year, for similar short trips only.

The motorbike dealer suggested Honda Scoopy and my girlfriend liked it. I dont mind it looking too 'girly' -

http://motorcycle-thai.blogspot.com/2009/09/brochure-honda-scoopy-i.html

I dont know anything about bikes (apart from managing to ride them). Is this a good choice or are there better options for the same price range (43000 baht)?

Seeing as your GF likes the Scoopy and she is the one who will be riding it in a month as I see it you have a few options.

1. Wait until the last day before you leave to buy it.
  2. Ride it only at night wearing sunglasses
  3. Go for the pink one.

The New style Honda Click.

If you are going to do shopping - this "step through" style gives you the space between your legs to put bags etc. unlike the Nouvo and Honda Fireblade.

But as previously posted - when it comes to Thai GF's....you had better leave her to the choice...your style, colour, brand - forget it and NEVER mention buying 2nd hand.....sheeeeesh ...!!!

well the fino and the scoopy are the same style.

However the fino one is much longer on the market and now it is the 2nd generation or maybe the 3rd generation already. (minor changes and improvements)

So I would prefer the Yamaha one. Also there are much more spare parts to modify the Fino.

But acutally it is up to your GF as she has to ride the scooter

As a man I wouldn't ride a Girlie Bike ;-)

Seeing as your GF likes the Scoopy and she is the one who will be riding it in a month as I see it you have a few options.

3. Go for the pink one.

4. get new tgf who doesnt want a bike

I gave my wife the option of Fino or Scoopy. She test drove both of them and picked the Scoopy. We added all the "extras", such as saddlebags, carry box on the back, two tiered (2 colored) seat, etc., and she absolutely loves it! Even more than the Air Blade I bought her a couple of years ago. After getting it home I took it for a spin and it's actually a fun little bike. Great acceleration and will do 100kph with no problem.

Only drawback to the bike that I can see is that it only gets about 100 kilometers to a tank of gas, but on the other hand, it only costs about 70 baht to fill it up.

:P

So I would prefer the Yamaha one. Also there are much more spare parts to modify the Fino.

That would make it a clear vote for the Scoopy then, as usually the GF will ask him to pay for the mods. :ph34r:

Scoopy has injection, that makes it the better Scooter in my Opinion. If she likes it I would go for the Scoopy.

3. Go for the pink one.

laugh.gif

3. Go for the pink one.

4. get new tgf who doesnt want a bike

5. Get a girlfriend who already has her own.

6. Get a girlfriend who can afford her own.

7. Make sure its registered in your name.

Step-troughs are also less stable at high speed than bikes with a stronger body such as Nouvo or Air Blade.

my one was all over the place again at 40kph last night ------------nearly dropped bott beer twice-------------a friendly policeman stuck his arm out to help catch it but i was ok------------need stabalisers i think.

Step-troughs are also less stable at high speed than bikes with a stronger body such as Nouvo or Air Blade.

my one was all over the place again at 40kph last night ------------nearly dropped bott beer twice-------------a friendly policeman stuck his arm out to help catch it but i was ok------------need stabalisers i think.

Haunted right :whistling:

Ok I got the Scoopy. It is fun to ride. Feels light to takeoff and a little wobble compared to the rented Nouvo I was driving earflier (as phil rightly said) but it has a 'jolly' feel to it that I like! Wonder how it will handle when Im drunk..

My suggestion is that you buy a house and put it in her name ,then when you next come over not only will you not have to rent a bike but have a place to stay :rolleyes:

Now your being silly. By the time he get's back both will have gone. Still taking odd's, to include what the excuse will be, when it disappear's. But if your going to buy get top insurance for one reason only, and that is she cant say it's been nicked.

Ok I got the Scoopy. It is fun to ride. Feels light to takeoff and a little wobble compared to the rented Nouvo I was driving earflier (as phil rightly said) but it has a 'jolly' feel to it that I like! Wonder how it will handle when Im drunk..

Good choice, that will keep the missus happy

No wheelies when you are drunk :)

Excuses on why not there when he come's back

1. It got nicked

2. The B/B have got it as not got licence

3. Lent it to friend

4. Left it at mum/dad's

5. The buffalo stepped on it.

6. Got stuck in a rice paddy

7. Left it some ware and cant remember

8. A car ran over it then buggered off

9. Gave it to my new boy friend but he no dood and wont give back She speak's While crying.

10.Sold it and gave money to ma ma, pa pa, as rice crop failed./hospital bill, ect.

11. All of the above at different time's

Only to be followed by the question you buy me new one.

Get the one that's got the best resale price as that's what she will do as soon as you bugger off. Im taking odd's.

I could do with some cash if you really want to make a bet!

Im sorry Neole but you do leave yourself open if you make a post like that.

Wish you lot's of luck in the LOS. All said with tongue in cheek.

My suggestion is that you buy a house and put it in her name ,then when you next come over not only will you not have to rent a bike but have a place to stay :rolleyes:

Now your being silly. By the time he get's back both will have gone. Still taking odd's, to include what the excuse will be, when it disappear's. But if your going to buy get top insurance for one reason only, and that is she cant say it's been nicked.

I know i was being silly ,its obvious that they have a loving and lasting relationship especially as he is coming over again next year, but understand while she cant go out riding her bike all the time she will need somewhere to stay while she sits at home awaiting his return,and what better than their own little love nest that she can keep tidy and ,well you know that no Thai lady would ever do anything to upset their TEERAK.

mind you her husband might sell them :D

I know i was being silly ,its obvious that they have a loving and lasting relationship especially as he is coming over again next year, but understand while she cant go out riding her bike all the time she will need somewhere to stay while she sits at home awaiting his return,and what better than their own little love nest that she can keep tidy and ,well you know that no Thai lady would ever do anything to upset their TEERAK.

mind you her husband might sell them :D

Again your being very naughty. We dont know if she has a husband. But your right if she has. Note he work's out at Tony's gim, Im all right I live 500kl away. Edited by fredob43