Tot Disconnections

moskito

Hi Phuketeers,

Just want to know if I am the only one who is experiencing constantly disconnections with my ToT internet here in Phuket.

Since 4 days its absolutely terrible and it starts to pissing me extremely off :ermm:

OK, we all know that ToT service is poor anyway and they always find something or somebody to blame. In High Season its the many tourists in internetshops which are making the net slow, in Rainseason its the weather or the works for the next highseason, but this time it is absolutely terrible. I have discos every 20min, sometimes the net is back for 5min, then off again for 1-5min.

Am I the only one? Living in Rawai, Nai Harn area,

Answers appreciated, even if u write SAME HERE its better than nothing! Planning to visit the office today.....

while typing 4 discos....and i am writing fast ;)

ToT%20disconections%20since%204%20days.JPG

ToT%20disconections%20since%204%20days%2002.JPG

Yep!

Me too.

They finally came out to visit and tell me that they are having problems in the area.

I live near Mangosteen.

When you go to the office, you need to go up to the 3rd floor and tell the girls in the back (right side) that man the phones.

Good luck.

drove to Phuket Town yesterday and it seems there are working on the lines everywhere which is really necessary, Telephonelines hanging down to the streets here in Rawai, sometimes so low that children can touch them, also a lot of tree branches hanging in the wires and trees touching the telephone and Electricity lines everywhere....is that not dangerous when raining?

atm my connection works ....since 10min, letz see for how long.... When I visited US last year after 10years Thailand I was astonished how fast the internet CAN work in the 21st century, even if they got telephone lines above ground too. ((((-:

All my friends in Europe, Australia and USA never experience the same problems we got here constantly :blink:

It has been the same way here in the Samkong area of Phuket town. I also note that the new land line I installed to get the service NEVER works: no dial tone even when the Internet is up.

isnt it just funny? I called the ToT SERVICE line 1100 (press 9 for English) in the morning. After I told about my problems the girl try to tell me its maybe something with my computer or the modem....they usually do stupid things like these....so I told her everything is workn fine except the line ToT provides.

One and a half hour ago a service guy called me back and told me he wants to visit me. After I explained where our house is he said he will be there in 10min. After half an hour I took my motobike and drove all around to the ToT server in Sayuan Road. NO sign of anyone from ToT in the whole area, guess what, its RAINING and you wont see these guys in Rain.

So after another hour passed I tried to call him again and guess what....MAILBOX ...........so its going to be a free internet weekend...Thank god ToT :jap:

I will post some pics of the mess they call wirering installation work after the rain stops

Seems the internet is back to normal at the moment. After the service guy called me on saturday and wants to visit me I never heard something again.

I wait for the next rain and wind and I am pretty sure it will be the same....disconnections due to poor wirering works and branches in the lines.

I still owe you the pictures.....dam_n I am soooo lazy (((-: specially when my net is working

drove to Phuket Town yesterday and it seems there are working on the lines everywhere which is really necessary, Telephonelines hanging down to the streets here in Rawai, sometimes so low that children can touch them, also a lot of tree branches hanging in the wires and trees touching the telephone and Electricity lines everywhere....is that not dangerous when raining?

atm my connection works ....since 10min, letz see for how long.... When I visited US last year after 10years Thailand I was astonished how fast the internet CAN work in the 21st century, even if they got telephone lines above ground too. ((((-:

All my friends in Europe, Australia and USA never experience the same problems we got here constantly :blink:

The overhead telephone cables are an ugly, untidy mess. I guess all the cables that are hanging down are the result of a line being cut off & the cable just left to hang rather than removed. Cable TV lines also add to this mess.

We moved down here last Sunday and signed up for internet with TOT. Seems a big mistake. Been online for about one hour total in the last three days here near the Two bar girls Monument near Paaklok.