Could American Credit/Bond Markets Fail Within The Next 12 Months?

Could American Credit/Bond Markets Fail Within The Next 12 Months?  

21 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

A better question to ask is if the world markets will fail in the next twelve months ??? Tell me of one country that is not experiencing the effects of the global depression. It will be a domino-effect...one goes, another goes, another goes.......

if interest rates continue to stay low and they will bonds will be a great place to continue to park your money for at least 12 month if not for the next 3 years. When rates and inflation start to go higher then worry about what to do with your money next. Take a look at some of Pimco's closed end funds. PTY, PFN come to mind. 8% yield

Sure it could fall, sure it could rise, I'm sure no one really knows. But there will be plenty of so called experts who will flip a coin to determine their position on the subject.

Sure it could fall, sure it could rise, I'm sure no one really knows. But there will be plenty of so called experts who will flip a coin to determine their position on the subject.

It doesn't take an expert to bet against a 30 year bull market ?

And people say gold is in a bubble because it is in a 10 year bull market

It doesn't take an expert to bet against a 30 year bull market ?

And people say gold is in a bubble because it is in a 10 year bull market

Im not sure what you mean? Do you mean its wise to do so, or unwise?

• 1 month later...

Hmm, hundreds of views but only 11 votes :unsure:

Theres no prizes unfortunately :)

I wonder if Sep TBonds(ZBU0) can test the heady levels of 129.8, 130.5, 131 or 131.5

Fridays high in ZBU0 was 129.81, before it reversed 70ticks lower.

Id personally like to see some higher price targets reached before any significant rise in yields.

James Carville once said (1996 re: Paula Jones): "Drag a hundred-dollar bill through a trailer park, you never know what you'll find."

Start a topic on TV.com about ".. When will the Dow Jones crash through 300?" and you know exactly who will show up... the Usual Suspects.

... the Usual Suspects.

The US doesn't really need to rely on foreign investors because the Fed can loan an unlimited amount to the banks at 0% that they will buy USTs with. The Chinese. Japanese, Arabs etc. can only export to the US to the extent that they are willing to buy USTs. And they will be willing as long as their economies rely on those exports. If the USD goes off a cliff all the currencies will. So they will all do together whatever it takes. They may still all fail.

I wonder if Sep TBonds(ZBU0) can test the heady levels of 129.8, 130.5, 131 or 131.5

Id personally like to see some higher price targets reached before any significant rise in yields.

131.5 about to be tagged.

Next possible res lies around 133.5-134 to my eye. Yields(TYX) testing possible supp around 36.75 would be nice too, thereafter I dont see much supp until 31.50.

131.5 about to be tagged.

Next possible res lies around 133.5-134 to my eye. Yields(TYX) testing possible supp around 36.75 would be nice too, thereafter I dont see much supp until 31.50.

beautifully trending :) Im still eyeing the same levels on TYX, which may correspond price-wise to 135.5, 137.5-138 or 140.5-141.

• 2 months later...

Fed to Buy $600 Billion in Treasuries to Aid Growth

http://noir.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601068&sid=al54kpluR9dE

Marginally cheaper money will surely prompt spending, right?

...If it were not for the fact its still being hoarded to bolster the swiss-cheese-looking bank balance sheets. In the last couple of years all the 'printing' thats often bemoaned by observers as 'the most obvious hyper-inflationary play ever' must in reality be filling some of the dearth of wealth that simply disappeared during the busts of '07-'09 at least... I guess the feeling is several more years of buoyed markets and uber-stimulus, and net assets/wealth could almost be back to breakeven...