Patong Hill Work & Traffic

phuketsub

I would like to know if anyone has ventured over the hill recently and can report back on how long the tailbacks are because of the new drain pipe they are installing on Phra Barami (Patong Hill Rd). I would like to visit Patong over the weekend, but not if it means two hours in traffic.

What are the best 'windows of opportunity' time-wise?

As always, any help much appreciated.

i made the trip over on the first day of digging...took me only 25 mins to go to lotus but by the ytime i came back around midday i got trapped in the queue and took near 90 mins to get back

seeing as i live nearer to karon than patong i now prefer to do the extra k's and go up through chalong...more k's but a lot less frustration

i made the trip over on the first day of digging...took me only 25 mins to go to lotus but by the ytime i came back around midday i got trapped in the queue and took near 90 mins to get back

seeing as i live nearer to karon than patong i now prefer to do the extra k's and go up through chalong...more k's but a lot less frustration

Yikes, that's a long wait, especially on a hilly road like that and with all this rain. Perhaps they will use this to try and rally support for the 'Patong Tunnel' scheme...

Thanks for your help; You just saved me from a great deal of aggravation.

Everything ok this morning!

Gerd

Is the trench still open?

No, not open any more!

Cool, so it looks like we will just be back to the normal chaos on that road until a landslide or something similar occurs...thanks

Gerd

If its a problem to you why not go around via Surin and Kamala I find it relaxing and the time difference is not great, mind depends where you are, if you are North of the by pass go to the 2 sisters and turn left :rolleyes: