Blood Pressure Medication Lisinopril

Rahimseven

Strange i can find it no problem in Pattaya and Chiang Mai at any Pharmacy .I ask for Lisinopril .

In Pattaya i payed B180 for 30 tabs of 5 mg .In Chiang Mai China town a bargain B95 for the same .

I can't seem to find it anywhere around here. Maybe I'll try the Sukhumvit area. Seems strange that I could not find it since it's one of the most perscribed treatments fo hypertention. Had no problem finding HTCZ. Do they call it by another name here?

Anyone know where I can find Prinivil/ Lisinopril BP medication? Do you know the generic name for this in Thailand? Can't find it in the Bangna area Bangkok.

Thanks

I buy mine at Mr. Medicine on SriNakharin. South of Bangna trad on west side of road across from Carrefour.

Off topic, but I took Lisinopril for several years. Always had a dry hacking cough that nothing could cure. I finally found a doctor who knew that 20% of the people who take Lisinopril have this cough.

He suggested I switch to Cozaar and no more cough!

Cozaar is more expensive, but I only need 50mg per day, so I buy the 100mg pill for around 960 Baht at Fascino and cut them in half with a pill slicer.

Works out to about 16 baht per day.

<br><font face="Comic Sans MS"><font size="3">.<br>Off topic, but I took Lisinopril for several years.  Always had a dry hacking cough that nothing could cure.  I finally found a doctor who knew that 20% of the people who take Lisinopril have this cough.<br>     <br>He suggested I switch to Cozaar and no more cough!<br>   <br>Cozaar is more expensive, but I only need 50mg per day, so I buy the 100mg pill for around 960 Baht at Fascino and cut them in half with a pill slicer.<br>   <br>Works out to about 16 baht per day.<br>.Same with me....Coughed for 6 months...then I read the leaflet that came with the box....Now I only take gereric version of Plendil..but only 2.5mg<br></font></font><br>
<br><br><br>

"Whats the name for plendil generic . . . In Thailand -- ZESTRIL"

It appears that you're confusing drug names and that information is incorrect.

Lisinopril ( the OP's original inquiry ) is the same as Zestril and Prinivil

Plendil is a completely different medication, also known generically as Felodipine

http://www.medicinen...ril/article.htm

http://www.medicinen...ine/article.htm

The point of the off-topic deviation from the thread was that Lisinopril/Zestril causes a cough in 20% of the people who take it, Plendil apparently does not!

Off topic, but I took Lisinopril for several years. Always had a dry hacking cough that nothing could cure. I finally found a doctor who knew that 20% of the people who take Lisinopril have this cough.

He suggested I switch to Cozaar and no more cough!

Cozaar is more expensive, but I only need 50mg per day, so I buy the 100mg pill for around 960 Baht at Fascino and cut them in half with a pill slicer.

Works out to about 16 baht per day.

I only take 5 mg a day of lisinopril with no side affects .Another drug i took made me severly constapated .