Designing Logo & Banner

stats

Hello all i am very confuse here there are alot of tools that we could design logo and banner? could anyone help me which one is the best for a newbie like me?

i would like to start out by creating a header banner 780x140 for my site ..well im actually not much into graphic but would like to try our creating on for my self...Thinking of a football banner ... i have several football jpeg and would like to mixed them witheffect and write text on them so that i would be a banner for my header...The current banner i am using is just a temporary ones..

my site: http://www.ht-arena.com/braveheartrangers

any suggestion will be apprieciated...

thanx

Tytus

you would normally use photoshop or illustrator for this. i use photoshop. to start, go to file> new and put in the measurements of your banner. it will open a canvas for you. you use the layers palette to add elements to your canvas, and the toolbox to affect those elements (change color, add type, etc.)... if you don't know anything about photoshop this is a good time to learn! i taught myself. use their help files or the vast resources on the internet. you can probably type "how to create a banner" into google and get tons of info.