What To Do If You Are Threatened By A Thai

girlx

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey bambi... not saying i would do this, but curious, how would you "connect with local mafia", and do thais believe that mafia will help them more than police?

how would you "connect with local mafia", >> if we 're local people, we will know who is the godfather (sound like a movie) .. maybe ask somebody more seniority and ask his help..

do thais believe that mafia will help them more than police? >> i must say yes..sometime if we have to fight with gangster..well the people who can help is ganster too

by the way i dont mean "contact local mafia" = make people fight together with violence..but obviously thay talk in same language ..and they can finish all stuff by their conversation

Totster

Note to self... do not piss bambi off... 

totster

hehehe..good boy :o
Jaidee

Don't worry totster... everyone (khon Thai) everywhere (in Thailand) knows someone who has mafia connections.

jing jing :D

Bambi

by the way i dont mean "contact local mafia"  =  make  people  fight together with violence..but  obviously thay talk in same  language ..and  they can  finish all stuff by their conversation

Excellent statement Bambi. :o

Rarely will such an exchange result in violence.

p.s. what is 1155? i thought the police was 191?

1155 is the Tourist Police Hotline and they speak English and have interpreters for other languages.

How long have you been here? (That is not meant to be rude) It's an enquiry!

Is there any body else who doesn't know of this service?

Just a funny aside ... my wife used to like to play-hit me a lot - often on the head, and we go for long walks all the time. Anyway, one day a Thai man stopped on his motorcycle saying he lievs in the area and that he works for the Tourist police ... and that if I ever have any trouble with the little woman to call 1155 :o

Edited by drummer

by the way i dont mean "contact local mafia"  =  make  people  fight together with violence..but  obviously thay talk in same  language ..and  they can  finish all stuff by their conversation

Excellent statement Bambi. :D

Rarely will such an exchange result in violence.

Kinda SOTUS .. younger ganster respect older (and "kreang jai" , no word in eng can explain this one) .. and it will be end up easily till u think ..WOW..what's an easy !!

ps.... SOTUS = SENIORITY ,ORDER ,TRADITION ,UNITY, SPIRIT

Bambi :o:D

Edited by BambinA

harmonica i have absolutely nothing to fear from NY, thanks, and i would appreciate your not trying to insist otherwise, as you don't know me (see similar post above). what is it with people on message boards like this and their utter presumptuousness? you get off on spreading unfounded rumors or what? if you have something to say to me why don't you say it to my face rather than hide behind anonymity on the internet?

>>>>> if you have something to say to me why don't you say it to my face <<<<<

Are you asking me out on a date, honey? :D

If I say yes, what assurances do I have that some heavy sh*t is not going to go down right in our vicinity during our encounter? ... Why? ... By your own admission, trouble seems to follow you around and thrive in your presence! :o

p.s. what is 1155? i thought the police was 191?

1155 is the Tourist Police Hotline and they speak English and have interpreters for other languages.

How long have you been here? (That is not meant to be rude) It's an enquiry!

Is there any body else who doesn't know of this service?

Just a funny aside ... my wife used to like to play-hit me a lot - often on the head, and we go for long walks all the time. Anyway, one day a Thai man stopped on his motorcycle saying he lievs in the area and that he works for the Tourist police ... and that if I ever have any trouble with the little woman to call 1155 :o

If Girlx decides to call the Tourist Police 1155, does the Tourist Police have the same authority or power to arrest as the regular 191 Thai police? I know that Tourist Police would help, especially in translating, but are Tourist Police the same as ordinary Thai police officers?