Chiang Mai City Life

Chiangmai1st

This is what google says about it.

Safe Browsing

Diagnostic page for www.chiangmainews.com

What is the current listing status for www.chiangmainews.com?

Site is listed as suspicious - visiting this web site may harm your computer.

Part of this site was listed for suspicious activity 1 time(s) over the past 90 days.

What happened when Google visited this site?

Of the 27 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 2 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time Google visited this site was on 2010-07-04, and the last time suspicious content was found on this site was on 2010-07-02.Malicious software includes 1 scripting exploit(s), 1 exploit(s). Successful infection resulted in an average of 1 new process(es) on the target machine.

Malicious software is hosted on 1 domain(s), including

This site was hosted on 1 network(s) including

Has this site acted as an intermediary resulting in further distribution of malware?

Over the past 90 days, www.chiangmainews.com did not appear to function as an intermediary for the infection of any sites.

Has this site hosted malware?

No, this site has not hosted malicious software over the past 90 days.

How did this happen?

In some cases, third parties can add malicious code to legitimate sites, which would cause us to show the warning message.

Next steps:

Our virus blocker won't let us open the site. I visited the site a few days ago without receiving that warning. I ran into their photographer at the 4th of July picnic yesterday and asked him about the problem. He said that their site allows people to upload their events, etc to the site and that sometimes they pick up problems that way.

It's a good idea to have some sort of virus scan because even the most reputable Thai websites can sometimes have problems. I've encountered warnings for the sites for Central Department stores and Rim Ping supermarkets. They fixed the problems and I expect City Life will fix theirs, too, once they're aware of the problem.

Some Chiang Mai idiot ( :rolleyes: ) must have reported it.. I connected to it just fine, Firefox came up with a warning, I clicked the button 'This isn't an Attach site' and got to the site just fine.

Same hear WTK no problem. :rolleyes:

This is what I got when I tried to access the site:

Access denied

The requested URL could not be retrieved

While trying to retrieve the URL:

http://www.chiangmainews.com/

The following threat was encountered:

The requested object is INFECTED with the following viruses: HEUR:Trojan.Script.Generic

The warnings are there for a reason.

Kaspersky said:

When you first get the alert that Heur.Trojan.Generic has been detected, read the alert carefully to determine which file is being detected. If it is a website URL, send the URL to be checked by the viruslab by using the online submission webform located here: http://support.kaspersky.ru/virlab/helpdesk.html?LANG=en

So I did. We'll see what they come up with.

O dear, I am so sorry. I am no technician, but just checked with ours and they said that over the weekend, our host, Dreamhost, changed servers or something and caused the problems. Our site has now been debugged and is whistle-clean. I am so very sorry for the inconvenience caused and we will try to monitor things more (we don't work weekends, that is why it takes until Monday morning to respond to problems). Cheers. Pim

O dear, I am so sorry. I am no technician, but just checked with ours and they said that over the weekend, our host, Dreamhost, changed servers or something and caused the problems. Our site has now been debugged and is whistle-clean. I am so very sorry for the inconvenience caused and we will try to monitor things more (we don't work weekends, that is why it takes until Monday morning to respond to problems). Cheers. Pim

Google chrome is still reporting that the site contains malware.

I'm down south and City Life opens fine from google on IE.

Looked at the classified ads and found this :cheesy: :cheesy:

Description Available for tudoring of english ..Rate 500 baht per hour. please make appoinment for classes. english speaking only....limited Thai .

Description Available for tudoring of english ..Rate 500 baht per hour. please make appoinment for classes. english speaking only....limited Thai .

Maybe he's old school

I'm down south and City Life opens fine from google on IE.

Have you never heard of Chrome?

Maybe he's old school

Good connection.

Yes, maybe it's Tudor eEnglish?

Hi, just to clarify. ChiangMaiNews.com is the same site as Citylife-Citylife.com and ChiangMaiCitylife.com. We bought the domain name ChiangMaiNews.com before we were called Citylife (when we were called the Chiang Mai Newsletter). Thanks for your patience all. I am trying to discover what happened and am very sorry.

Pim, just to let you know that im still getting "This site may harm your computer." and "reported site attack". Getting this on FF, IE, and Chrome.

No idea if its just me now, or not.

Edit: however, i can click "ignore this warning", which takes me though to the site.

Edited by eek
additional details

Pim, just to let you know that im still getting "This site may harm your computer." and "reported site attack". Getting this on FF, IE, and Chrome.

No idea if its just me now, or not.

Edit: however, i can click "ignore this warning", which takes me though to the site.

Not just you, they say it's clean but I won't be going there till it is resolved.

God, I am so sorry. Please avoid it until firther notice. We had the all clear yesterday but got attacked again and now have all clear. But best to avoid it for now. I will tell you when it is perfectly safe. I am so sorry. This sucks. Pim

Hi Pim,

Off topic slightly but is that you and hubby pictured in the tourist police banner as you approach Nawarat Bridge from the old city?