Looking For A Saxophone

st11x

G'day,

A friend of mine is saying it can be found in Chiang Mai near the gate, not sure which one.

Has anyone seen it?

I hear they have it in Chiang Rai going for around 10K THB. I am looking for a tenor saxophone.

thanks

Matt

If I recall well it was Elephant Lightfoot Bamboo Saxophones who had the shop opposite Tha Phae Gate. This is their website: http://strohviolin.c...viewDoc&docId=2

Thanks, that looks like it. If you go to their site written in the masthead (not click-able), you'll see a wider selection of instruments. Wonder if their worldwide shipping is reliable, saves me from hand carrying it out of Thailand.

Thanks

Matt

Hi Matt, there is also a German fellow, Rheinhard Heckel who makes them. He is hard to find though as he is always on the go on his motorbike. He had a falling out with his mentor from Elephant Lightfoot years ago and struck out on his own. If you cannot find him, I have 3 Saxophones left as of today. I import them to the U.S. for sale and am currently getting rid of my import stock to come to Chiangmai permanently. Below are photos of the Saxophone and the carrying case. It also comes with an adjustable reed, instructions for the reed and a complete history of the making of the instrument as well as backround information on Rheinhard. If you cannot find anything there I may be able to help you.

post-49621-037320600 1278610992_thumb.jp

post-49621-051224200 1278611014_thumb.jp

post-49621-003235700 1278611045_thumb.jp