Uk Settlement Waiting

Hello,

Just to let you know, i applied for a settlement visa with my fiancee on 5th of november and got the text/update today so she is flying down to collect on Monday. I am very very very concerned but this forum has given me confidence. And may i say thanks to triggerfish for all the updates i think you are great! Hopefully i will have a positive result....

Thanks , Alex

• Replies 731
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ahh, waiting time over for bigboybennett, thanks for sharing. Good luck for the right result Alex.

Waiting times from applications that have completed.

17 Aug, 18 Oct, 8 weeks and 6 days, sonicdragon, successful

20 Aug, 19 Oct, 8 weeks and 4 days, Diddyman, successful

02 Sep, 28 Oct, 8 weeks and 0 days, scuba4, successful

03 Sep, 26 Oct, 7 weeks and 4 days, Friend of Desertexile, successful

14 Sep, 04 Nov, 7 weeks and 2 days, Stanaris, successful

16 Sep, 04 Nov, 7 weeks and 0 days, quadisking, successful

01 Oct, 03 Nov, 4 weeks and 5 days, Quan, successful

22 Sep, 05 Nov, 6 weeks and 2 days, Philbot44, successful

13 Sep, 10 Nov, 8 weeks and 2 days, chris555, successful

06 Oct, 16 Nov, 5 weeks and 6 days, AllThaidUp69, successful

04 Oct, 19 Nov, 6 weeks and 4 days, bryangiggs, successful

14 Oct, 18 Nov, 5 weeks and 0 days, glennsdaf, successful

15 Oct, 19 Nov, 5 weeks and 0 days, bigdave1960, successful

27 Oct, 26 Nov, 4 weeks and 2 days, Suhari, successful

28 Oct, 26 Nov, 4 weeks and 1 days, Chris1616, successful

01 Nov, 02 Dec, 4 weeks and 3 days, QuickRick, successful

05 Nov, 03 Dec, 4 weeks and 0 days, cross13180, successful

05 Nov, 09 Dec, 4 weeks and 6 days, bigboybennett, unknown

Still waiting (10/12/10)

12 Nov, waiting 4 weeks and 0 days to date, rhino10

26 Nov, waiting 2 weeks and 0 days to date, RAZZELL

Ahh, waiting time over for bigboybennett, thanks for sharing. Good luck for the right result Alex.

05 Nov, 09 Dec, 4 weeks and 6 days, bigboybennett, unknown

Still waiting (10/12/10)

12 Nov, waiting 4 weeks and 0 days to date, rhino10

26 Nov, waiting 2 weeks and 0 days to date, RAZZELL

Any news rhino10?

Must be about time now?

RAZZ

Just to let you know it got refused. I kind of expected it, although she has lived in england 5 years, paid tax for 3 of those, speaks better english than we do etc etc, she would be better off been an asylum seeker who gets granted stay in england even though they are going to recourse to public fund!! Absolutely ludicrous. We are appealing though and my solicitor thinks we should breeze through, so another 4 and a half months to wait probably, but at least i can have another couple of holidays to thailand!!

Alex (Absolutely Gutted)

Just to let you know it got refused. I kind of expected it, although she has lived in england 5 years, paid tax for 3 of those, speaks better english than we do etc etc, she would be better off been an asylum seeker who gets granted stay in england even though they are going to recourse to public fund!! Absolutely ludicrous. We are appealing though and my solicitor thinks we should breeze through, so another 4 and a half months to wait probably, but at least i can have another couple of holidays to thailand!!

Alex (Absolutely Gutted)

Sorry to hear that Alex, all the best for the appeal.

Alex (Absolutely Gutted)

Seems very odd :blink:

If you don't mind could your explain your application, relationship background and reason for refusal.

RAZZ

Hi Tiggerfish

Could you please add my step daughter to your list please Miss Dubar 16th December we have put a date of the 4th Jan 11when we would like her to fly back with us! fingers crossed.

Did you hear about the fun and games we had at regents house.

Many thanks

Dubar!

Good luck for the right result rhino10.

Dubar, welcome back as you can see waiting times are nothing like they were in the summer. I hope you get your Christmas wish. Yes I did read about your experience with the agents in regents house, I got some overpriced photocopies from them once but that was it. We didn't supply any translations for my wife and stepsons settlement application and we were successful, however I do believe the current advice is to provide them.

05 Nov, 09 Dec, 4 weeks and 6 days, bigboybennett, refused

12 Nov, 16 Dec, 4 weeks and 6 days, rhino10, unknown

Still waiting (17/12/10)

26 Nov, waiting 3 weeks and 0 days to date, RAZZELL

16 Dec, waiting 0 weeks and 1 days to date, Dubar

Alex (Absolutely Gutted)

I am a little confused by your post. You say that kind of expected it ( the refusal), and then go on to say that your solicitor thinks you will breeze through the appeal. You lost me there. If you can breeze the appeal, why didn't you breeze the application ?

RAZZ is right, the refusal reasons are of interest to everyone, if you are willing to share ?

Alex (Absolutely Gutted)

Have a look at my post of today - "Settlement Visa Refusals. The ECM Review"

Alex (Absolutely Gutted)

Although I understand your frustrations at her refusal; there is no need for the completely nonfactual rant about asylum seekers!

As already said by others; it is impossible to comment on her refusal without knowing exactly what the refusal notice says.

Hello Chaps,

Sorry i havent been on for a few days i have had my head up my backside. Sorry about my rant but the UK has issues with its proceedures with certain applicants.

In a nutshell she was in the UK with her ex husband on a 2 year spouse visa. He was an alcoholic and mentally abused her, she wanted to leave him but he convinced her to stay with him, they were late submitting an extension due to his/her problems, she then plucked up the courage to leave him and told the UKBA about her status (that she had left her husband, and they took her passport), they then let her report on each week, in the meantime i met her and we started a relationship, the UKBA knew of her whereabouts but refused to give her passport back so we could go to Thailand, when they agreed after 6 months (baring in mind they take about 3 months to reply to a letter) we realised the passport had expired (which they didnt!). I asked them how she could go home and they said they would speak to the thai embassy. 6 months later and we hear nothing (she was still signing on each month and they werent pushing for her to leave), i had solicitors on the case at a great cost, i had my local MP on the case (Nick Clegg) and eventually they told us what we had to do (Get a certificate of Identity from the thai embassy). By this point she had overstayed 2 years.

Basically the refusal says that she has purposely tried to frustrate the rules of immigration and they are concerned that she will come back to the UK and leave me or whatever and do the same thing. The reason that my solicitor thinks we will breeze through the appeal is because we didnt submit enough evidence with the application in relation to the fact it was not completely her fault she overstayed and actually the ineptness of the UKBA. So now i have collated all the evidence and we are submitting an appeal on thursday. I am sure they are breaching mine and my finacee's human rights as we are a genuine couple who love eachother and are solemates, and keeping us apart is mentally torchering us both.

Alex

Hello Chaps,

Sorry i havent been on for a few days i have had my head up my backside. Sorry about my rant but the UK has issues with its proceedures with certain applicants.

In a nutshell she was in the UK with her ex husband on a 2 year spouse visa. He was an alcoholic and mentally abused her, she wanted to leave him but he convinced her to stay with him, they were late submitting an extension due to his/her problems, she then plucked up the courage to leave him and told the UKBA about her status (that she had left her husband, and they took her passport), they then let her report on each week, in the meantime i met her and we started a relationship, the UKBA knew of her whereabouts but refused to give her passport back so we could go to Thailand, when they agreed after 6 months (baring in mind they take about 3 months to reply to a letter) we realised the passport had expired (which they didnt!). I asked them how she could go home and they said they would speak to the thai embassy. 6 months later and we hear nothing (she was still signing on each month and they werent pushing for her to leave), i had solicitors on the case at a great cost, i had my local MP on the case (Nick Clegg) and eventually they told us what we had to do (Get a certificate of Identity from the thai embassy). By this point she had overstayed 2 years.

Basically the refusal says that she has purposely tried to frustrate the rules of immigration and they are concerned that she will come back to the UK and leave me or whatever and do the same thing. The reason that my solicitor thinks we will breeze through the appeal is because we didnt submit enough evidence with the application in relation to the fact it was not completely her fault she overstayed and actually the ineptness of the UKBA. So now i have collated all the evidence and we are submitting an appeal on thursday. I am sure they are breaching mine and my finacee's human rights as we are a genuine couple who love eachother and are solemates, and keeping us apart is mentally torchering us both.

Alex

I think you'll find that your right to be together is a "qualified right".

RAZZ

Hello Chaps,

Alex

It certainly sounds complicated. I'm not sure that you will " breeze through " an appeal. You may well win any appeal, but I doubt that it will be a breeze. From what you say there seems to be some fault on both the part of your wife, and the UKBA. You do say that she submitted an out of time application for FLTR in the UK, and I suspect that this has gone against her. No doubt the reasons for the 2 year overstay will be argued at appeal.

If you are submitting an appeal, then have a look at the thread I mentioned in my earlier post to you. Your wife seems to be in the category that I believe should receive an immediate ECM review. If you have a solicitor working for you, then ask him/her to follow this up on your behalf. If your grounds of appeal are good eneough, then you shouldn't have to wait for an appeal, and the ECM review will see the decision reversed. The problem is how to get the ECM review done immediately. Let your solicitor have a look at my thread on the ECM review.

Congratulations to rhino10

Good luck Razzell and Dubar

Upcoming holiday days at the embassy

Monday 27 December - Substitution Day of Christmas Day

Tuesday 28 December - Substitution Day of Boxing Day

Friday 31 December - New Year's Eve

12 Nov, 16 Dec, 4 weeks and 6 days, rhino10, successful

Still waiting (20/12/10)

26 Nov, waiting 3 weeks and 3 days to date, RAZZELL

16 Dec, waiting 0 weeks and 4 days to date, Dubar

Thanks for the adivce "VISAPLUS", i am meeting my solictor on thursday when we are submitting the appeal. I have checked your thread, and printed it and i have been on the ukvisas site and printed the relevant documentation.

I am sure we wont breeze through, they were the words of the solictor but my luck has been poor so your probably right.

Can i ask, what makes you think we could have an immediate review? Is there a link with the catagories on you could send me please so i can print it.

Thanks a lot,

Alex

Edited by bigboybennett

Thanks for the adivce "VISAPLUS", i am meeting my solictor on thursday when we are submitting the appeal. I have checked your thread, and printed it and i have been on the ukvisas site and printed the relevant documentation.

I am sure we wont breeze through, they were the words of the solictor but my luck has been poor so your probably right.

Can i ask, what makes you think we could have an immediate review? Is there a link with the catagories on you could send me please so i can print it.

Thanks a lot,

Alex

If you have printed my post, then the section in italics, and my thoughts, show that the guidance indicates that an ECM should take place on receipt of an appeal. This guidance is published on the UKVISA website under " policy and law", then Entry Clearance Guidance, then Appeals, then read through the guidance on ECM reviews. For me, the guidance is clear. It states that an ECM must review a decision on receipt of an appeal ( in settlement cases ). To me this is actually more than guidance, this is an instruction to ECMs. Your solicitor, if he is an immigration specialist, will know how to interpret the guidance and how to bring it to the attention of UKBA and the Embassy in Bangkok. Hopefully he will have more luck than me in getting a response from the visa section at the Bangkok Embassy !

Still waiting (20/12/10)

Still waiting (20/12/10)

Hello all, apologies for the blank post, hopefully a moderator will delete it....

Please include me on the waiting list, I'll make a good benchmark for Razzell and Dubar. My wife and I put the application in on 18 November, so going by recent embassy performance we ought to hear this week!? It would be lovely to have her here for Christmas and snowball her!! Time's getting short though.

All the best

Richard

Welcome to the list Kissyalips if current trends are anything to go by then yes you should hear this week.

Good luck to all.

Still waiting (21/12/10)

18 Nov, waiting 4 weeks and 5 days to date, Kissyalips

26 Nov, waiting 3 weeks and 4 days to date, RAZZELL

16 Dec, waiting 0 weeks and 5 days to date, Dubar

Tell me that I'm not cracking up, I was under the impression that a UK Settlement Visa had to be initiated within three months of it being granted (i.e. the applicant had to enter the UK within three months), otherwise it would lapse, regardless of the visa being valid for a further two years. But now that I check my wife's passport I find no mention of this condition, ditto there doesn't appear to be any mention of it on the visa website. I ask this question because we are currently preparing a second application, on the basis that the first visa is no longer usable.