Ford Fiesta Prices Announced

4 Door 1.4 Style MT. 529,000

4 Door 1.4 Style AT. 564,000

4 Door 1.6 Trend PowerShift. 644,000

4 Door 1.6 Sport PowerShift. 699,000

5 Door 1.4 Style AT. 574,000

5 Door 1.6 Trend PowerShift. 654,000

5 Door 1.6 Sport PowerShift. 699,000

More info here: http://www.ford.co.th/servlet/ContentServer?cid=1248876993218&pagename=FTHEN%2FDFYPage%2FFord-Default&c=DFYPage&site=FTHEN

If LOS Ford dealers are unable to sell this one, they have a serious problem. Price and product is perfect, dealerships and name established, get to work :)

Agreed, this car is an absolute gift to the Ford Thailand marketing manager, as it just sells itself.

Hi katabeachbum, are those prices considered good? Considering the cars are made in LOS I would have thought the bean counters could start with a sharp pencil! :rolleyes:

BSJ, 699K Baht for the top model is a very sharp price, whether you compare it locally against the competiton, or whether you compare it to relative prices abroad.

The Fiesta stands out with:

• Class leading power (121HP with 151Nm - closest is Jazz with 120HP and 145Nm but with much narrower torque band)
  • Class leading fuel economy (40MPG vs 35 for Jazz, 36 for Yaris)
  • Class leading NVH and handling (considered by most professional reviewers to rival C and even D class)
  • Class destroying transmission (6-speed DSG)
  • Class leading safety (Electronic Stability Program)
  • Class leading features (Voice control, USB, Bluetooth)

Is it me, or is it looking very much like a Mazda 2?

I think it's just because these newer models feature some common design traits (trapezoidal front, strong waistlines, wedge shape, cab forward etc). In the flesh they look very different.

Edited by MoonRiverOasis

BSJ, 699K Baht for the top model is a very sharp price, whether you compare it locally against the competiton, or whether you compare it to relative prices abroad.

• Class leading power (121HP with 151Nm - closest is Jazz with 120HP and 145Nm but with much narrower torque band)
  • Class leading NVH and handling (considered by most professional reviewers to rival C and even D class)

I think it's just because these newer models feature some common design traits (trapezoidal front, strong waistlines, wedge shape, cab forward etc). In the flesh they look very different.

You can get a lot of car for $20,000 in the states and even 14,000 pounds in the UK buys you a lot of car nowadays. In relation to whats available here its against the Mazda 2 (same car probably) and toyota's and honda's offerings at the same price, brand loyalty will lie with the japanese manufacturers there I think.

You can get a lot of car for $20,000 in the states and even 14,000 pounds in the UK buys you a lot of car nowadays.

The point I was trying to make is that if you compare the price of the top model Fiesta in the EU/USA/UK/Aus to the top model Yaris/Jazz/City in the same market then work out the difference as a %, then apply that % to Thai prices of the same, you'll find that the local pricing for Fiesta is sharp. :"Compare it to relative prices abroad" seemed a much faster way to say it ;)

In relation to whats available here its against the Mazda 2 (same car probably) and toyota's and honda's offerings at the same price, brand loyalty will lie with the japanese manufacturers there I think.

While there is still technology sharing between Ford and Mazda, in the case of Fiesta and Mazda2, the similarities start and end at the floorpan.

Agreed RE: brand loyalty, but there's another factor that can't be overlooked....

Thai motoring journalists must write accurately and fairly about the car, lest be totally discredited amongst their global peers. That means that Somchai average will be getting a face-full of positive press on the car, and the power of the media is not to be underestimated. If Ford Thailand can get their dealership network into shape quickly enough, and work hard on delivering good customer service, and wrap up some attractive financing plans, they will be well positioned to take the top spot in Thailand's 2nd Tier. (Tier 1 being Toyota and Honda).

While it would be unprecedented to improve overall market position by that much with a single model, with the Fiesta it's doable, if handled correctly. And if they do, they'll be well positioned to even take on Tier one when the new Focus, Mondeo and Ranger release in 2012.

Edited by MoonRiverOasis

Then why didn't that happen with the ford focus, which overseas is probably the worlds best selling car?

Also I'd say the two cars (Fiesta and Mazda2) are much more similar than you seem to think.

Edited by Benjie

Then why didn't that happen with the ford focus, which overseas is probably the worlds best selling car?

Wrong segment to do it with. In Thailand, lower B segment and pickups are what you need to gain position in your brand tier.

Mazda 3 also proves this - it sold well for class & tier, but it took the Mazda 2 to push Mazda market share up enough to make a real difference. Mazda 3 sales leaped after the release of the 2..

Also I'd say the two cars (Fiesta and Mazda2) are much more similar than you seem to think.

Please feel free to enlighten me :)

Thanks for the info Moon.

A dealer from Chiang Mai phoned yesterday and emailed

some pics. He originally though the price was going to be

720 000 Baht. Looks as if Ford want to keep it below the

700 000 Baht mark.

The dealer in Chiang Mai seems to be a lot more enthusiastic

than the dealer here in Chiang Rai. He said they have a lot of

orders for the mid level model but only 2 for the top of the range

5 door which is the one we're after.

Said if you deposit 5000 Baht, can have by mid to late October.

Regards

Will

Hi katabeachbum, are those prices considered good? Considering the cars are made in LOS I would have thought the bean counters could start with a sharp pencil! :rolleyes:

Hi BSJ, prices are the same as Toyota, Honda, Mazda, even though it comes with a high tech 6 speed dualclutch auto. Yaris still has a 4 speed converter auto :huh:

Edit I wrote this before reading the Fiesta spec as posted by MRO. 699k baht for this spec is a bargain.

Edited by katabeachbum

The only problem with the Fiesta is the badge. Despite being best in class it could still have poor residuals because of the badge. Just look at the focus which is dynamically superior to Honda and Toyota's offerings and Ford offers a diesel but they still can't sell it in huge numbers. As I change my cars every 3-4 years I'd want to see that the residual value is on a par with the Honda City before I change the wife's City for a Fiesta.

I'm sure the Fiesta will be a great car. My Dad had the 1.6 Fiesta Ghia back in 2003 and it was a cracking little car.

Hi BSJ, prices are the same as Toyota, Honda, Mazda, even though it comes with a high tech 6 speed dualclutch auto. Yaris still has a 4 speed converter auto :huh:

Edit I wrote this before reading the Fiesta spec as posted by MRO. 699k baht for this spec is a bargain.

We need a car in November. Initially I wanted to order a March auto airbags at +500k baht. Nissan Phuket was in May unable to promise delivery this year, and on the road in Phuket price was much higher. So I decided for a 640k Vios, on the road all included at 620k.

Until today. A Fiesta 5 door top spec white has been ordered at 699k. Delivery November for white top spec was uncertain by Phuket dealer, but confirmed by Ford headoffice. Havent seen the car yet, but every review is super positive. Will be in Phuket showroom in August.

To those comparing with Mazda 2. Not one visible bodypanel/light/window/interior/engines/auto is similar. Yes they are build on same platform, so is VW Golf and Audi TT.

Edited by katabeachbum

A Fiesta 5 door top spec white has been ordered at 699k.

Exactly what I ordered back in May :) Let's see if they can keep their August delivery promise for mine..

they probably can do august/september, must supply the dealer demos/showrooms first, and the rentalcompanies dont have the Ford urge (yet). But do you really want one of the first 3000 units?

A Fiesta 5 door top spec white has been ordered at 699k.

Exactly what I ordered back in May :) Let's see if they can keep their August delivery promise for mine..

they probably can do august/september, must supply the dealer demos/showrooms first, and the rentalcompanies dont have the Ford urge (yet). But do you really want one of the first 3000 units?

If it were a new design, no way! But that's not the case here...

I'm kind of hoping that it works in my favor, and that the workers aren't getting lazy/complacent in the first production run, and the QA/QC guys are watching everything like a hawk so they can learn the type of things to pick up with a casual glance in the future ;)

Would be nice if you could order it with side airbag curtains , comes with them or is an option in the West, but cannot get them here . I guess Ford and Toyota and most of the other makes figure life is cheap here so why bother :(

Would be nice if you could order it with side airbag curtains , comes with them or is an option in the West, but cannot get them here . I guess Ford and Toyota and most of the other makes figure life is cheap here so why bother :(

It's not the manufacturers, it's the market.

Airbags were in luxury makes 10+ years before they became optional, then mainstream, then essential in the West. Given Thai attitudes and the price they add to the product, it'll take much, much longer here. You'd need to convince Thai's to use seatbelts and not load half the village into to back of an open pickup first - good luck with that :D

Thats one fine little Car, well done Ford.

Sorry to edit your post, but that word may well be the problem - comparing them in the flesh it looks much the same as a Mazda 2 but is quite a bit more expensive, and looks quite a bit smaller (and arguably less attractive, both inside and out) than a Yaris but is similarly priced. Not everyone who drives an automatic cares about whether its got a "high tech 6 speed dual clutch auto" - thats why they buy automatics. It'll need some heavy marketing to make much impression on Honda and Toyota and its biggest attraction (new) may be its rarity - not such an attraction second-hand.

I've owned a Yaris since 2007, and have test driven all competitiors, including the new Fiesta (during it's whirlwind dealership tour in May).

I'd compare a Yaris evenly against the Mazda 2, and I'd place both of those under the the current Honda Jazz. But the Fiesta it a TKO on all fronts - styling, performance, NVH, ecomony, safety, and features - and it does it at the same prices. The only competitor that trumps the Fiesta in any area is the Jazz, with it's fantastically versatile interior.

Resale is a different story of course - any Tier 1 brand will outperform Tier 2 in this regard, but in reality the difference at the prices talked about here is going to be 50K Baht or so, so factor that over the time you intend to keep the car and ask yourself whether it's a palatable premium to own a superior vehicle.

Thats one fine little Car, well done Ford.

Sorry to edit your post, but that word may well be the problem - comparing them in the flesh it looks much the same as a Mazda 2 but is quite a bit more expensive, and looks quite a bit smaller (and arguably less attractive, both inside and out) than a Yaris but is similarly priced. Not everyone who drives an automatic cares about whether its got a "high tech 6 speed dual clutch auto" - thats why they buy automatics. It'll need some heavy marketing to make much impression on Honda and Toyota and its biggest attraction (new) may be its rarity - not such an attraction second-hand.

Everyone has their own way of seeing things - which is great otherwise we'd all be driving the same cars, wearing the same clothes, and chasing the same women :D

Edited by MoonRiverOasis

The only competitor that trumps the Fiesta in any area is the Jazz, with it's fantastically versatile interior.

agree, Jazz interior with folded seats is huge, lika a Fortuner. Jazz spec otherwise, or any other B car in LOS, is not on par with Fiesta.

Since I already know my Yaris can take my huge favorite recliner, my 50 kg rottweiler and a 42" TV when needed once, Fiesta interior will manage.

Besides I have a Vigo for hauling cargo. Doubt the Fiesta rearseat will ever be folded

Does anybody know if the New Fiesta back seats fold flat like the Jazz? I'm seriously considering a Fiesta after all the positive reviews and I am looking for a small economical car, but I need to transport a couple of bikes regularly, so before this I have been looking at the Jazz as it's perfect for this.

You can get a lot of car for $20,000 in the states and even 14,000 pounds in the UK buys you a lot of car nowadays.

The point I was trying to make is that if you compare the price of the top model Fiesta in the EU/USA/UK/Aus to the top model Yaris/Jazz/City in the same market then work out the difference as a %, then apply that % to Thai prices of the same, you'll find that the local pricing for Fiesta is sharp. :"Compare it to relative prices abroad" seemed a much faster way to say it ;)

In relation to whats available here its against the Mazda 2 (same car probably) and toyota's and honda's offerings at the same price, brand loyalty will lie with the japanese manufacturers there I think.

While there is still technology sharing between Ford and Mazda, in the case of Fiesta and Mazda2, the similarities start and end at the floorpan.

Agreed RE: brand loyalty, but there's another factor that can't be overlooked....

Thai motoring journalists must write accurately and fairly about the car, lest be totally discredited amongst their global peers. That means that Somchai average will be getting a face-full of positive press on the car, and the power of the media is not to be underestimated. If Ford Thailand can get their dealership network into shape quickly enough, and work hard on delivering good customer service, and wrap up some attractive financing plans, they will be well positioned to take the top spot in Thailand's 2nd Tier. (Tier 1 being Toyota and Honda).

While it would be unprecedented to improve overall market position by that much with a single model, with the Fiesta it's doable, if handled correctly. And if they do, they'll be well positioned to even take on Tier one when the new Focus, Mondeo and Ranger release in 2012.

I don't agree on pricing as you explain. I brought a focus a few months back, and they quickly took 100K off the sticker price and still gave me all the "freebee's" and if the car is made here in thailand, no import tax, and cost here are so much cheaper..... price should be lower IMO

I don't agree on pricing as you explain. I brought a focus a few months back, and they quickly took 100K off the sticker price and still gave me all the "freebee's" and if the car is made here in thailand, no import tax, and cost here are so much cheaper..... price should be lower IMO

Focus in LOS is old, replaced in most other markets, and IMHO overpiced in LOS still without import duty. I looked at a Focus yesterday, 1.150.000 baht. Ad less than 100k and you get an Accord, Camry or Teana.

If LOS Ford dealers are unable to sell this one, they have a serious problem. Price and product is perfect, dealerships and name established, get to work :)

Agreed, this car is an absolute gift to the Ford Thailand marketing manager, as it just sells itself.

Hi are you shure those MPG figures are correct i just converted the 35 MPG for the Jaz to KPL and it comes out just a tad under 15 Km Per Ltr, not much more than a Pick up.

Regards

TB

eh? We're talking about the Fiesta..

Hi are you shure those MPG figures are correct i just converted the 35 MPG for the Jaz to KPL and it comes out just a tad under 15 Km Per Ltr, not much more than a Pick up.

Regards

TB

These are the official EPA numbers from the USA - the only other market to have the powershift (DSG) version of the Fiesta so far. Reference Here