Second Visa ? And Marrige Visa ?

Hi , im currently waiting for my gf to get a tourist visa , and yes im using a visa company maybe i shouldnt but i am , anyway my question is , is it easier to get a visa the second time around or do you still have all this paperwork to deal with,so what is required ? surley after the first trip the process must get a bit easier , as i dont want to have to pay a visa company £600 pound again , and also my phone bills have shot up as they told me they need a call from my landline of at least two minutes a day , if anyone could advise about a visa after marrige it would be much appreciated ,

do yourself a favour and sign up to skype and call through that, my phone bills were ridiculous at first as I was led to believe the same thing and didn't know about skype, I now spend about £5-10 a month on phone calls to my girl!

I am sure others can point you in the right direction with your other questions/concerns

Hi , im currently waiting for my gf to get a tourist visa , and yes im using a visa company maybe i shouldnt but i am , anyway my question is , is it easier to get a visa the second time around or do you still have all this paperwork to deal with,so what is required ? surley after the first trip the process must get a bit easier , as i dont want to have to pay a visa company £600 pound again , and also my phone bills have shot up as they told me they need a call from my landline of at least two minutes a day , if anyone could advise about a visa after marrige it would be much appreciated ,

`

1. Only use a company if you really have too.

2. Yes you need all previous supporting paperwork.

3. Is it easier 2nd time !!! ????

4. £600 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My TGF has just got her 3rd VV to the UK, applied 22/6 picked up 1/7 we have never used any agents just followed advice on various forums.

May be we have been lucky i dont know but as for the need for phone bills i have supplied phone cards and now copies of BT bills showing 0844 No's with a note explaining.

Just make sure you are fully aware of the info given in the previous application and bulk it out with further information.

You really do not need agents if you can show that you have known your GF over this period of time and have evidence of this.

Hope this helps, good luck.

spider

do yourself a favour and sign up to skype and call through that, my phone bills were ridiculous at first as I was led to believe the same thing and didn't know about skype, I now spend about £5-10 a month on phone calls to my girl!

I am sure others can point you in the right direction with your other questions/concerns

Just phone on the cheap line 1/2 p per minis, All Visa are taken on merit , just because you got one before does not mean you will get one automatically.You could do your own visa its Ok if you follow the Instructions that are given to you when you print your visa application off

I don't know what "Agent" told you that you need to supply phone records indicating that you have spent at least two minutes on the phone from a land land, that's a ridiculous statement and not one that a qualified advisor would give. ECO's realists and they are fully aware of the onset of cheaper phone methods, as others have said you can use Skype and can get phone records and with the cheap rate numbers, if these appear on you phone bill you can submit those and explain in your covering letter.

Subsequent visas would only be easier because it has shown the applicant has complied with a previous visa but, has already has been pointed out, each application is treated on merit and must show the current position so all the papers must be submitted.

Six hundred quid to fill out a form, I'm in the wrong <deleted> job.

Edited by theoldgit

`

1. Only use a company if you really have too.

2. Yes you need all previous supporting paperwork.

3. Is it easier 2nd time !!! ????

4. £600 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My TGF has just got her 3rd VV to the UK, applied 22/6 picked up 1/7 we have never used any agents just followed advice on various forums.

May be we have been lucky i dont know but as for the need for phone bills i have supplied phone cards and now copies of BT bills showing 0844 No's with a note explaining.

Just make sure you are fully aware of the info given in the previous application and bulk it out with further information.

You really do not need agents if you can show that you have known your GF over this period of time and have evidence of this.

Hope this helps, good luck.

spider

Thanks for that advice spider, i think i could easy make the visa alone next time if its only a form and the supporting paperwork , is it true you need to have every paper translated to thai including a letter of invitation for tgf to come and stay , cheers

No, it is most definitely not true! If this agency have told you this it can only be because they want to screw a few thousand extra baht out of you for the translations.

You don't even need to have Thai documents translated into English for the visa application; though I think it's a good idea to do so as it may speed things up at the embassy as the entry clearance officer wont have to wait for a translator to become available.

If the first application was successful and she didn't breach the conditions of her visa then it may be easier next time as she has proven herself trustworthy. You still need to provide all the evidence as before, though.

£600 for a tourist visa! I'm in the wrong business!

By asking "if anyone could advise about a visa after marriage it would be much appreciated" I assume you mean settlement in the UK. If so you may find the following helpful:-

Maintenance and accommodation

Settlement; Spouse

Remember that she cannot marry in the UK whilst there as a visitor unless she has obtained a special type of visa, known as a marriage visit visa, or obtains a certificate of approval from the Home Office. Either way, she will not be able to apply for settlement whilst in the UK but will have to leave when or before her visit visa expires and apply in Thailand.

If you decide that you need the help of an agency for that, or any other, application, I'd recommend reading this topic first.

I suppose this topic brings into account that a lot of visa agents are just out to screw there clients, not all are like this . but at the end of the day they are just in Business, to make money, If you follow the guide lines you can do the visa yourself and save yourself a few hundred pounds

Edited by Thongkorn