Whats Going On? Non Imm. O-A Long Stay?

Dear Friends

Im married to thai girl, Im 27 years old, and as I did in the last 3 years i went to pick up a new multiple entry Non O visa, to the thai embassy in my home country Hungary,

regularly it mean i can stay in thailand 15 month maximum with this visa but have to leave every 90 days... it was like this in the last 3 years

BUT NOW something weird happened when i went trough the immigration in bangkok with my new Non O visa

I got a stamp 10 july 2010- 9.july. 2011, i went back to the immigration officer immediately and told them something should be wrong i supposed to get a 90 days allowance not 1 year

he looked at me and said he give me 1 year its ok, i have Non Immigrant O-A longstay visa, I can stay 1 year with this

I thought in myself he should be drunk or something... so i left him...

but now when i got home and check thaivisa i see this O-A visa type here and it say it for Retired, above 50 or 60 years old, whatever

so, Im waiting for your opinions guys, why I got this, how? or is it normal? I mean im 27 years old, and married to thai, next time I can get this again?

thanx

looks to me like someone at the Thai Consulate gave you the wrong Visa.

One you are not entitled to.

As you are 27 you would think that the Officer at the airport would have noticed that you are not 50 years old. :rolleyes:

With this Visa you have to report your address to Immigration every 90 days.

Someone there will notice.

I think you should visit Immigration and get it sorted.

yeah that was my first thought, how can he not notice that, that im not 50 years, even when i went back to complain :)

can I have any problem because of this, what should I do now? do I have to go to report every 90 days? i really dont know what to do now

yeah that was my first thought, how can he not notice that, that im not 50 years, even when i went back to complain :)

Why don't you post your photo and we'll let you know :P

On a serious note: you should go to immigration right away because when you go for your 90 days report or extension they might give you a hard time.

I think I give it a try, i mean i dont do anything, just go for 90 days report 90days later

I think i did nothing wrong, and my visa is valid, i mean they can check it with the Hungarian embassy, they did it its a valid visa, if somebody made a mistake that was the thai consulate, and the immigration officer also at the airport

i will let u know guys 90days later what happaned :P

the youngest retired in Thailand :DD

Even on a Retirement Visa you must schlepp up to Imm every 90 days to sign your bloody name. This was one of the many 'dormant laws' here in LalaLand until Taksin got in and revived it during his Nationalistic campaign. In fact, during his first week in office.

Bet a lot of you forgot that one too, didn't you?

I think I give it a try, i mean i dont do anything, just go for 90 days report 90days later

I think i did nothing wrong, and my visa is valid, i mean they can check it with the Hungarian embassy, they did it its a valid visa, if somebody made a mistake that was the thai consulate, and the immigration officer also at the airport

i will let u know guys 90days later what happaned :P

the youngest retired in Thailand :DD

like the other posters already wrote i would go to the immigration and don't wait 90 days, the thai immigration has a different logic then you have.

I don't think it is worth the potential trouble you can get.

If you stay longer than 90 days you will be overstay regardless as you do not qualify for OA visa entry and that is your responsibility regardless of anyone else making mistakes. You should visit Immigration and have it corrected.

But if i go to them is it possible option that they correct it to a Non O multiple entry here in BKK, or they will just simply cancel it and I have to leave Thailand and start over again?

I expect all they can do is allow a 90 day stay. They can not change a Consulate issued visa. A local option for multi entry is KL but they would require 100k in a bank account to issue. You can ask the issuing Consulate if they can re issue the correct visa and mail to you at an address outside of Thailand but expect KL would be a better option if you can qualify.

If you can qualify for extension of stay with 400k in bank or 40k income that is what you should try to do in the long run.

Well, I tell you what is going on…this post is misleading and I actually don't believe in this post at all. If you were holding Non-Immigrant O multiple entry than you shouldn't be at Bangkok Immigration, you should be doing a border run to get your 90 days stamp. If you had retirement visa on your passport by fault that has to be canceled as soon as an officer spots it. You can get better advice and you can probably help yourself to stay out of any troubles if you just can scan the stamp and post it here in the forum. Cheers!

Well, I tell you what is going on…this post is misleading and I actually don't believe in this post at all. If you were holding Non-Immigrant O multiple entry than you shouldn't be at Bangkok Immigration, you should be doing a border run to get your 90 days stamp. If you had retirement visa on your passport by fault that has to be canceled as soon as an officer spots it. You can get better advice and you can probably help yourself to stay out of any troubles if you just can scan the stamp and post it here in the forum. Cheers!

The OP states he got the 12 month stamp going through immigration at Bangkok, all except yourself are assuming that this was at the airport :)

You are correct that he MUST get things sorted now to avoid a world of hurt.