Islamic Terrorists Kill 3 More In Thailand

Boon Mee

Islamic Terrorists Kill 3 More in Thailand

SGE_HBT38_280605053253_00_quicklook_187x245.jpg Thai soldier with an exploded cylinder

Three Buddhists shot dead, teachers’ homes attacked in Thai south.

PATTANI, Thailand : Three Buddhists including a mute labourer were shot and killed and teachers’ homes were attacked in southern Thailand, police said, as authorities vowed to boost security funding to counter rampaging violence.

Srang Saewong, 56, a mute highway worker in Yala province, was shot dead in Bannang Sata district as he drove to work.

“I don’t see a motive such as personal conflict. He was mute and his wife was also mute, so it’s just part of the campaign of unrest,” police Lieutenant Colonel Sakarin Bumpensamai of Bannang Sata told AFP.

Chicken trader Tonkui Saephoo, 72, was shot dead at a food market in Yaring district of Pattani province by unidentified gunmen, police said, adding that investigators were still at the scene.

In the same province, 52-year-old Thanat Nilvisut, a janitor at Pattani Technical College, was shot dead as he traveled to work.

More than 720 people have died in near-daily attacks or clashes with security forces since January 2004, when a bloody raid on a weapons depot triggered an uprising in the three majority-Muslim southern provinces bordering Malaysia.

In Narathiwat province, suspected Islamic insurgents spray gunfire at teachers’ homes, resulting in at least one teacher being shot in the arm. “Five houses were damaged and one teacher slightly wounded,” police Lieutenant Suwit Phumsathit said.

Link

Edited by Boon Mee

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Islamic terrorists" ? I didnt see that in the article  :o

Youd have a great future at Fox Booners  :D

As usual, you didn't read the piece..."In Narathiwat province, suspected Islamic insurgents spray gunfire at teachers' homes, resulting in at least one teacher being shot in the arm." :D

"Islamic terrorists" ? I didnt see that in the article  :o

Youd have a great future at Fox Booners  :D

As usual, you didn't read the piece..."In Narathiwat province, suspected Islamic insurgents spray gunfire at teachers' homes, resulting in at least one teacher being shot in the arm." :D

Yes I read the news brief, but it didnt say anything about terrorists (as you put it) :D

Insurgent means, one who uses armed force to rebel against one's own government / a member of a group, esp. a political party, who rebels against its policies.

Terrorist means, one who uses violence, torture, or physical intimidation to achieve one's ends, esp. one's political ends. - a little like how the US carried on in Iraq :D

Splitting hairs? ofcourse! :D

I don't care what you call em, they're sick shittts and should be done away with. They kill innocent people to be a seperate entity. I blame the muslims in this area more than anyone else as they allow this to go on. The muslim leaders should be the ones to blame and hold responsible. Their religious leaders should get the people to act (by informing on the culprits) on this as it won't work as long as they turn a blind eye.

I don't care what you call em, they're sick shittts and should be done away with. They kill innocent people to be a seperate entity. I blame the muslims in this area more than anyone else as they allow this to go on. The muslim leaders should be the ones to blame and hold responsible. Their religious leaders should get the people to act (by informing on the culprits) on this as it won't work as long as they turn a blind eye.

Read a little more mate, Muslims are getting killed as well..

Not in the south of Thailand and besides, an 'insurgent' is just the PC word for Terrorist. :o

Yes in the south of Thailand!

Terrorist means, one who uses violence, torture, or physical intimidation to achieve one's ends, esp. one's political ends.

Would you class the US as terrorists? as they have tortured, used violence and physically intimidated to achieve ones political ends.. :o

Edited by Tornado

Would you class the US as terrorists? as they have tortured, used violence and physically intimidated to achieve ones political ends..  :o

We're not going there here.

Get a new nick and come over to the Pit (George & dr. pp don't have a problem w/me mentioning that site here I hope) and we can explore this further! :D

Would you class the US as terrorists? as they have tortured, used violence and physically intimidated to achieve ones political ends..  :o

Get a new nick and come over to the Pit (George & dr. pp don't have a problem w/me mentioning that site here I hope) and we can explore this further! :D

answer the question! :D

I would certainly not classify Americans as terrorists - what a foolish thought! In establishing Democracy in Afganistan, Iraq and the rest of the middle east to follow, the US is pursuing the only rational, objective, pragmatic course there is. And OZ - your country of birth, is our strongest supporter.

So get with the program! :D

Enough said here - rest in the Pit! :D

I would certainly not classify Americans as terrorists - what a foolish thought! In establishing Democracy in Afganistan, Iraq and the rest of the middle east to follow, the US is pursuing the only rational, objective, pragmatic course there is. And OZ - your country of birth, is our strongest supporter.

Sorry Im not interested in the pit, I dont have the qualifications to become a member :D Two heads and a sister called wifey :D

The US totures people all the time, "shock and awe" was very violent and very intimidating - I would call that terrorism as that is what terrorism means :D:D

"shock and awe" was very violent and very intimidating - I would call that terrorism as that is what terrorism means :D:D

So was frying over 3,000 people in 9/11 attacks but this argument isn't going anywhere Gent.

Doc is preoccupied over in the Blucat Thread right now or he would have shut you down by now... :D

Edited by Boon Mee

"shock and awe" was very violent and very intimidating - I would call that terrorism as that is what terrorism means :D:D

So was frying over 3,000 people in 9/11 attacks but this argument isn't going anywhere Gent.

Doc is preoccupied over in the Blucat Thread right now or he would have shut you down by now... :D

I thought you guys welcomed free speech ?

9/11 had nothing to do with Iraq, but I have a few ideas, care for a few links?

Terrorist supporter :D

Still really stupid to think that this is the way to get things changed or even better the situation. Almost seems as though you think this is the right approach. Are you a radical muslim supporter? I just think the muslim people and religious leaders THEMSELVES have to do more to solve these problems and stop this killing of ALL religions not just fellow muslims. Seems even more stupid for them to kill their own people.

Still really stupid to think that this is the way to get things changed or even better the situation. Almost seems as though you think this is the right approach. Are you a radical muslim supporter? I just think the muslim people and religious leaders THEMSELVES have to do more to solve these problems and stop this killing of ALL religions not just fellow muslims. Seems even more stupid for them to kill their own people.

As I said read a bit more, who is killing who, who started it, whos fixing it, what is the government involvement, why that part of Thailand and nothing in Nakhon etc as there are a lot of Muslims there to. If your gonna ask me stupid questions i.e. "are you radical Muslim supporter", come armed with a post with some information. If you want info from me regarding the problems about the south, search a bit on this site, I have posted plenty! :o

Kind of an interesting question coming from someone with US war planes as an Avatar? :D

Personally would not classify the US as a terrorist state, or as generally conducting themselves in a terroristic (is that a word?) manner. But many times the difference between being recorded in history as a terrorist or not has a lot to do with if you are the winner or the loser. I mean following your line of reasoning do you consider the US founding fathers :D as nothing more than a bunch of terrorists – they without a doubt used violence to reach their desired political ends.

"shock and awe" was very violent and very intimidating - I would call that terrorism as that is what terrorism means  :D  :D

Gee – imagine that a country using very violent and intimidating tactics in a war? :D

I thought you guys welcomed free speech  ?

Terrorist supporter  :D

Yes we do, and while I do not agree with your views. I have no problem with you speaking your mind.

Back on topic – When will it ever stop? IMHO this will require real actions from the Thai government in address some of the real concerns of the southern provinces. While I do not support their methods I sympathize with the situation. This issue is not a simple religious issue.

Kind of an interesting question coming from someone with US war planes as an Avatar? :D

Personally would not classify the US as a terrorist state, or as generally conducting themselves in a terroristic (is that a word?) manner. But many times the difference between being recorded in history as a terrorist or not has a lot to do with if you are the winner or the loser. I mean following your line of reasoning do you consider the US founding fathers :D as nothing more than a bunch of terrorists – they without a doubt used violence to reach their desired political ends.

"shock and awe" was very violent and very intimidating - I would call that terrorism as that is what terrorism means  :D  :D

Gee – imagine that a country using very violent and intimidating tactics in a war? :D

I thought you guys welcomed free speech  ?

Terrorist supporter  :D

Yes we do, and while I do not agree with your views. I have no problem with you speaking your mind.

Back on topic – When will it ever stop? IMHO this will require real actions from the Thai government in address some of the real concerns of the southern provinces. While I do not support their methods I sympathize with the situation. This issue is not a simple religious issue.

Thanks for you unbiased opinion - noted! :D

Strange how they can whack a couple of thousand alleged drug dealers in quick time but cant sort out a bunch of kids riding around on Honda Dreams with hands full of six guns, assault rifles and pump 12g,s.

Time to send in the brown shirts methinks

Terrorist, terrorism and the like are the new "war words' that the USA has held onto to gain support in their murderous occupation. The majority of the world do not support it, now looking at latest polls, the majority of the US citizens dont support it.

The founding fathers of the US were terrorists in the context of the meaning as was Captian Cook when he killed some of the indigenous people of Australia, Hawaii etc.

It shows how far the world has come, since the start of man kind, hasnt got much better at all has it?

Terrorist, terrorism and the like are the new "war words' that the USA has held onto to gain support in their murderous occupation. The majority of the world do not support it, now looking at latest polls, the majority of the US citizens dont support it.

The founding fathers of the US were terrorists in the context of the meaning as was Captian Cook when he killed some of the indigenous people of Australia, Hawaii etc.

It shows how far the world has come, since the start of man kind, hasnt got much better at all has it?

Totally agree Torn , murder in the name of religion and colonisation was around long before Muslims got in on the act. :o

Well, Gent, when the next to last leftist is having his head sawed off with a dirty knife or watching his little girl gang assaulted in front of him .. his brain will be confounded by a search for "root causes" and ideas for a new PR campaign, complete with new PC words to replace the "hatefull" ones in his next edition of his rather thin Orwellian book of news speak. And all the time self congratualting that his anti-self-defense campaign has rendered everyone unable to defend themselves.

You got a problem with 'Democracy'? :o

Well, Gent, when the next to last leftist is having his head sawed off with a dirty knife or watching his little girl gang assaulted in front of him .. his brain will be confounded by a search for "root causes" and ideas for a new PR campaign, complete with new PC words to replace the "hatefull" ones in his next edition of his rather thin Orwellian book of news speak. And all the time self congratualting that his anti-self-defense campaign has rendered everyone unable to defend themselves.

Look up the word democracy and then get back to me. :D

Much of the Islamic Middle East continues to blame others for its own induced catastrophe, apparently unaware — thanks to the lever of oil it didn’t discover, doesn’t know how to develop, and uses to intensify rather than alleviate its poverty — that its entire culture is becoming an international pariah. Islamic young men on European flights are looked at with distrust; they are not welcome in Russia. China wants none of them. They are wary of visiting India. Australia learned from Bali. The whole world is watching — in disgust.

In short, the suicide bomber, the improvised explosive device, the car bomb, the televised beheading, the wacko fatwa, the sleazy propaganda streamer on the Internet, the new cult of death — all cowardly and lethal phenomena — these are now the innovations that the world associates with the Middle East in lieu of gene research, car production, or computer breakthroughs. If you look for gender equity in the Middle East, you won’t find it in Arab Olympic delegations, Saudi schools, or the Iranian government, but in the opportunity for young women to blow themselves up right beside men. Indeed, killing infidels is the nascent women’s-liberation movement of the radical Muslim world.

It won’t do to fault a few bad apples — as if when Ziad Jarrah in his red bandanna yelled out “Allah is the greatest” as he crashed United Flight 93 on September 11, he did so alone, to the horror and disgust of the Arab Street, and without a shared ideology.

That ain't Democracy... :D

Much of the Islamic Middle East continues to blame others for its own induced catastrophe, apparently unaware — thanks to the lever of oil it didn’t discover, doesn’t know how to develop, and uses to intensify rather than alleviate its poverty — that its entire culture is becoming an international pariah. Islamic young men on European flights are looked at with distrust; they are not welcome in Russia. China wants none of them. They are wary of visiting India. Australia learned from Bali. The whole world is watching — in disgust.

In short, the suicide bomber, the improvised explosive device, the car bomb, the televised beheading, the wacko fatwa, the sleazy propaganda streamer on the Internet, the new cult of death — all cowardly and lethal phenomena — these are now the innovations that the world associates with the Middle East in lieu of gene research, car production, or computer breakthroughs. If you look for gender equity in the Middle East, you won’t find it in Arab Olympic delegations, Saudi schools, or the Iranian government, but in the opportunity for young women to blow themselves up right beside men. Indeed, killing infidels is the nascent women’s-liberation movement of the radical Muslim world.

It won’t do to fault a few bad apples — as if when Ziad Jarrah in his red bandanna yelled out “Allah is the greatest” as he crashed United Flight 93 on September 11, he did so alone, to the horror and disgust of the Arab Street, and without a shared ideology.

That ain't Democracy... :D

and the other side of the story is........

Boon as usual we both wont budge on our thoughts and beliefs.

Who heard Ziad Jarrah yell that out? I thought all the "witnesses" persihed :D

80% of New Yorkers think that Bush had something to with 9/11 - I hope it all comes out one day!

I will rest for the rest of the day and deliberate further tomorrow, unless the Dr or George close it :D:D

History may very well tell a different story. If things fall just right for the US, and over time Afghanistan, and especially Iraq are finally turned around and become productive members of the democratized world it may be hard to find anyone from the US who says they did not support the US efforts.

Things look bad now and sorry to say most people tend to “band wagon” for what they feel will be the winning side. I am not calling any of you wagon jumpers only indicating what I feel is part of the reason for the poll numbers in the US.

Was the war justified? Many opinions on this, the answer to which is not likely to change the current situation.

Is the current US presence justified? Does the world really want the US to pack its bags and go home now? I think not. It may be a mess right now, but think how much worse it would be if we picked up our marbles and went home. Does the EU, the UN have the troops, money, staff, to handle the situation if the US pulls out?

IMHO the Middle East is where it is because of western actions during the middle of this century – US but mostly European actions. Now may be a chance to improve the situation, and I do not think the US pulling out will improve the situation.