Dengue On The Rise Again

Phil Conners

A fellow BM just had Denghe and tell me another 5 in his village was also hit. They now have someone from the government spraying the village for mosquitoes - but he didn't know who arranged for it.

Anyone know who to contact for this?

They came spraying at our village last Friday, unfortunately a bit too late for me and at least 5 others...anyways, they left a brochure, the number to call is: 0-3824-9820 ext 116

Get them going now, Dengue is rampant at the moment, and I can tell you form own experience that it is no fun having it! Having said that, I consider myself lucky having had the fever part without the bleeding extras only...

They came spraying at our village last Friday, unfortunately a bit too late for me and at least 5 others...anyways, they left a brochure, the number to call is: 0-3824-9820 ext 116

Get them going now, Dengue is rampant at the moment, and I can tell you form own experience that it is no fun having it! Having said that, I consider myself lucky having had the fever part without the bleeding extras only...

They sprayed around my village on Friday afternoon a nice lady on a motor bike came to every house and told everybody to go inside and close all windows and door whilst they sprayed .

Which areas are we talking about where the out brakes are?

Edited by banglay

Went to Banglamung hosp for malaria blood test Sunday,though I was dying,came out with more pills and medicines to sink a battleship,only 200 Baht ,so that was OK

Edited by jori

A fellow BM just had Denghe and tell me another 5 in his village was also hit. They now have someone from the government spraying the village for mosquitoes - but he didn't know who arranged for it.

What villages? Has dengue broken out in Pattaya?

A fellow BM just had Denghe and tell me another 5 in his village was also hit.  They now have someone from the government spraying the village for mosquitoes - but he didn't know who arranged for it.

What villages?  Has dengue broken out in Pattaya?

Broken out???

It never left!

Geez freaking Dengue in Soi Siam Country Club. May be I should stay a couple of months longer here in Germany. Yesterday we had frying 39 C in the shade, so even the weather is better, but not the fun for sure.

Stay safe.

Cheers

Dang...that's some bad news. Raro: how long were you ill?

We just put in a small fish pond and waterfall. But it is not ready for fish yet and I think it is breeding mozzies. Have to get on this ASAP!

had the "light version" only, without the bleeding extras. struck me flat out for two days (weekend) and until today still weak and dizzy.

Dang...that's some bad news. Raro: how long were you ill?

We just put in a small fish pond and waterfall. But it is not ready for fish yet and I think it is breeding mozzies. Have to get on this ASAP!

had the "light version" only, without the bleeding extras. struck me flat out for two days (weekend) and until today still weak and dizzy.

just back home after discovering red spots all over my arms and face...so it ain't over yet.

The good news is, they are spraying our village again.

Just got over it myself. I didn't know what hit me!

I woke up Sunday morn about 4pm slightly cold and I said to myself, nice this time of year. (Naklua)

Got out of bed around 7 and felt fine.

10 am lied down on the couch and fell asleep for 1 1/2 hours and woke up with a headache. (I don't get them normally)

So I went for a massage and took a couple of Tylenol.

Half way through lunch and a couple of beers I felt like I had run a marathon and needed to get home and lie down.

Then it hit me, diarrhea, massive headaches, body aches, fever and sleep like rip van winkle.

I was exhausted till Thurs morn.

Given me a good reason to get of the piss and have a fruit fast for a few days.

I don't wish it on anybody!!! :blink:

According to mamanoodle a rash can accompany Dengue

begs

yep, typically on day 5 to 7 in the process....lots of liquid is needed, stock up stronk-k or similar electrolyte powder and drink that stuff by the liter!

Thought I'd got shut,2 days later struggling again.

Do not think dengue is classed as malaria,so the malaria pills which I pop at first signs will not be effective,anyway I'm sure someone will put me right. Even though blood tests will show if there is a parasite in the blood it also show a dozen or so other indicators that there has been infection,plus 10xs in one of the tests I had,little wonder I had every drug the hospital holds. Gawd it's awful

Edited by jori

Dengue is a virus infection and there is no known medicine for it available. Also no vaccination. Popping malaria pills won't help. Sweat it out and drink LOTS of water with electrolyte stuff in it.

///edit: and NO ASPIRIN!!! Under no circumstances, do not take any aspirin when infected with dengue!

Can we get more reports about were exactly dengue is or where it has spread to in pattaya?

Bagwain, you live in Naklua? This is where you think you contracted it?

These are 2 other places where it is at the moment:

Soi Siam Country Club, V&J village ?

Can we get more reports about were exactly dengue is or where it has spread to in pattaya?

A bit like eatin a tin of beans and then tryin to pinpoint one for making you fart - not easy!.

My wife just spent 5 nights in hospital with it, blood test every other day now for the next week or so. We live near Satit school just off Sukhumvit, but as there is an incubation period of 3 to 15 days more likely she was infected at one of our other places in Huay Yai when we were picking coconuts a couple of weeks ago, more likely because that was in the daytime when the striped mozzie is out and not when we were at home in the evening.

Not good, and unfortunately any ammount of spraying is pretty much a waste of time with the current weather.:unsure:

You cannot pinpoint a particular area.

When a mosquito (the Aedes aegypti mosquito, active during the day, big bugger with white spots) bites an infected person, and later on bites someone else, then that person will stand a fair chance of getting infected as well...

So you do not have to be in an affected area, you just need two things close to you, an infected person and them mozzies.

Additionally, the incubation period of dengue is on average between 4 and 7 days, so time between getting bitten and actually getting sick is between 4 and 7 days, however, once bitten, you can start infecting other people (through those mosquito's).

I am out at Bang Saray and there has been 4 confirmed dengue infections without 150 mtrs or so of my house 3 farang and one khun Thai .....So it's fairly wide over the area :realangry: .