I’Ve Been To Thailand But I Have Never Been To

PaulUSA302

I’ve been to Thailand but I have never been to....

Is there anyplace that you are sad to say you have not visited while in Thailand?

I have never been to see the Gold Buddha or the Kings Palace. Before I ever set foot in Thailand I saw pictures of the floating market and felt I had to see it. Well I have been to Thailand many times but never tried to see the floating market.

Also I have never been to see the Tiffany show and don't know if I can ever force myself to sit through it.

On this trip I plan to book a 2 or 3 day tour to wipe away my shame :jap:

"Is there anyplace that you are sad to say you have not visited while in Thailand?"

Anywhere I haven't been yet ( sadly too many places ).

"never tried to see the floating market."

Don't bother- it's just a cr-p tourist trap, IMO.

"I have never been to see the Tiffany show"

Well worth the time, IMO. Too many people think it's just some amateurish ladyboy show, while in fact it's a wondrous spectacle. However, between Tiffany's and Alcazar, I'd pick the latter.

Edited by thaibeachlovers

Isaan, and don't particularly plan to.

Are you referring to the 5-ton Buddha in Wat Traimit or do you mean the Emerald Buddha within the Grand Palace?

Btw, there are loads of floating markets, most of which are over the river in Thonburi. Best to get on a boat tour direct from one of the main piers rather than drive out to Damnoen Saduak and get reamed. ;)

Have done Ang Thong NP, Paul?

1.1218827040.9_ang-thong-trip.jpg

Yep, I am Paul :)

I hate to admit that when arrive in Thailand I am content to walk the sidewalks and just get lost in the neighborhoods. Sometimes people will come out of there house to see the crazy guy (Who must be lost I assume they are thinking) who is wondering into places not many tourist have gone.

but since this may be my final holiday to Thailand I think I should do some of the tourist things. :)

Isaan and the North East - I quite fancy taking a driving trip for a couple of weeks through and around the area.

It's a given that People from there have somewhat of a reputation but I believe that this is just a misconception based on concentration of a certain type in a certain area which give the geographical region a poor name.

Many expats who live there speak very fondly of the place, I'd like to find out for myself when my wife and I have time.

but since this may be my final holiday to Thailand I think I should do some of the tourist things. :)

Just curious, but why do you say this might be your final holiday to Thailand?

A few typical places to visit:

- Wat Traimit is small, but worth a visit to see the Gold Buddha

- Since you mentioned the Grand Palace, it's worth a visit

- If you visit the Grand Palace, then you might as well visit Wat Po with its gigantic reclining Buddha

- The Weekend Market at Chatuchak where you can mingle among the crush of hot sweaty people

- Maybe a dash to Ayuttaya to see some of the historical ruins. There's a lot in the area, but you can manage some of them on a day trip.

- Loads of other places that are out of the BKK area, but maybe not enough time for a 2-3 day spree

Just curious, but why do you say this might be your final holiday to Thailand?

A few typical places to visit:

- Wat Traimit is small, but worth a visit to see the Gold Buddha

- Since you mentioned the Grand Palace, it's worth a visit

- If you visit the Grand Palace, then you might as well visit Wat Po with its gigantic reclining Buddha

- The Weekend Market at Chatuchak where you can mingle among the crush of hot sweaty people

- Maybe a dash to Ayuttaya to see some of the historical ruins. There's a lot in the area, but you can manage some of them on a day trip.

- Loads of other places that are out of the BKK area, but maybe not enough time for a 2-3 day spree

The organizational structure here at my office is changing and I won't be able to take extended holidays so that is going to put an end to my Thailand visits unless something changes.

Isaan and the North East - I quite fancy taking a driving trip for a couple of weeks through and around the area.

It's a given that People from there have somewhat of a reputation but I believe that this is just a misconception based on concentration of a certain type in a certain area which give the geographical region a poor name.

Many expats who live there speak very fondly of the place, I'd like to find out for myself when my wife and I have time.

When you go ,maybe you can refer to everybody as "baan nok",see how far you get looking down your nose at the country folk,you wont get very far kidder ,best to stay in your bubble :jap:.

Ayutthaya and Kanchanaburi are top of my list......especially Ayutthaya...can't believe I never been yet when the pics I've seen are amazing.....!

I was bored with Ayutthaya after 24 hrs. There's only so long a sane man can stagger around temples. Kanchanburi though, is much more fun.

I have never visited one of the soapies after many years of trolling around Thailand.

:lol:

I have. But I have never been to Wat Pho / Grand Palace / Floating market after many years of trolling around Thailand :lol:

I just can't get inspired by the OP as he cried off his last holiday here becuase of a few old grannies sitting around in red t shirts singing olde country songs around a camp fire...wuss...and reading his other posts everything bad has always happened to him here..

Either he has very bad luck or an over active imagination gland...

When you go ,maybe you can refer to everybody as "baan nok",see how far you get looking down your nose at the country folk,you wont get very far kidder ,best to stay in your bubble :jap:.

Remove chip from shoulder, develop some ability to 'read between the lines' and you may notice that my comment was in no way intended as a slur against Isaan. Rather I am pointing out that while it has a certain reputation, I'd like to go there and see the place for myself based on the positive reports I have also heard.

Ayutthaya and Kanchanaburi are top of my list......especially Ayutthaya...can't believe I never been yet when the pics I've seen are amazing.....!

Same. Lived in Bangers for 5 years but never went to Ayutthaya. Kan was nice though.

I'm more of a nature nut, so I prefer the country side in Thailand where I can hike, fish and explore. Kanchanaburi is a good jumping off spot to visit mountains, caves and waterfalls. I'd certainly visit the Andaman Sea area and the off shore islands. I don't like big cities like Bangkok, but there are certainly a few things there that I'm glad I saw: Kings palace, temple of dawn (Wat Arun), trips on the long tail boats through the canals and some of the markets. I could spend another day at Ayuthaya, but once you've seen a dozen Thai temples they start to become boring. Pattaya is handy because it's close to Bangkok where all flights arrive, it is relatively cheap, there's a variety of night life and it has a nice off shore island worth visiting... Koh Larn. I enjoy living in Chiang Mai, but only because it has all the amenities and it's not too big. I can't think of anything really fascinating about the city that you can't see elsewhere.