Beef Tenderloin

thaigerd

Looks like Thai Tenderloin to me.

About 185/205 baht per kilo from Makro.

Doubt it will taste like the Thai stuff!

As a Brit I used nothing but Scottish Aberdeen Angus or a little know Irish breed for years in the UK for my tenderloins, but when coming to Thailand and trying the different Aussie stuff I was very impressed. Both the 240 day and the Wagyu are very impressive.

Edited by theseahorse

Looks Good.

I also agree Auzzie beef is probably the best taste / value option, but I'd like to see the meat a little darker where it has hung for a little bit longer for the enzymes and tenderization to have had to time to take effect.

Have you tried the Aussie 240 day? I think it might be what you're looking for. It's a little darker than usual and very tender.

Not sure how long the Aussie Wagyu is aged for. Any ideas Thaigerd?

Looks Good.

I also agree Auzzie beef is probably the best taste / value option, but I'd like to see the meat a little darker where it has hung for a little bit longer for the enzymes and tenderization to have had to time to take effect.

Have you tried the Aussie 240 day? I think it might be what you're looking for. It's a little darker than usual and very tender.

It is aged around 4 weeks, dry aged.

Gerd

<BR>
<BR>Looks like Thai Tenderloin to me.<BR><BR>About 185/205 baht per kilo from Makro.<BR>
<BR><BR>555<BR><BR>Doubt it will taste like the Thai stuff!<BR><BR>As a Brit I used nothing but Scottish Aberdeen Angus or a little know Irish breed for years in the UK for my tenderloins, but when coming to Thailand and trying the different Aussie stuff I was very impressed. Both the 240 day and the Wagyu are very impressive.<BR>
<BR><BR><BR>I thought I knew about Beef maturing....but...What is this 240 day beef?. I dont believe it can be matured for 8 months wityhout crawling out of the package.<BR>I've had this beef from Tops,it was OK,but nothing special,could'nt tell any difference between the normal Aussie beef and the 240....but was 250 baht/kilo dearer.

<BR>
<BR>Looks like Thai Tenderloin to me.<BR><BR>About 185/205 baht per kilo from Makro.<BR>
<BR><BR>555<BR><BR>Doubt it will taste like the Thai stuff!<BR><BR>As a Brit I used nothing but Scottish Aberdeen Angus or a little know Irish breed for years in the UK for my tenderloins, but when coming to Thailand and trying the different Aussie stuff I was very impressed. Both the 240 day and the Wagyu are very impressive.<BR>
<BR><BR><BR>I thought I knew about Beef maturing....but...What is this 240 day beef?. I dont believe it can be matured for 8 months wityhout crawling out of the package.<BR>I've had this beef from Tops,it was OK,but nothing special,could'nt tell any difference between the normal Aussie beef and the 240....but was 250 baht/kilo dearer.

240 days means it is grain fed for 240 days before slaughtering.

Gerd

Looks Good.

Gerd

I'm guessing that they're all hung for the standard 28 days, I was once told by a supplier that Wagyu was hung longer, but I was never sure whether to believe it.

I didn't know it was dry aged though, dry aged beef is normally much darker and has a more gamey taste than the Wagyu has.

Looks Good.

Gerd

I'm guessing that they're all hung for the standard 28 days, I was once told by a supplier that Wagyu was hung longer, but I was never sure whether to believe it.

I didn't know it was dry aged though, dry aged beef is normally much darker and has a more gamey taste than the Wagyu has.

Seahorse, you must be a Chef......right?

Gerd

Gerd

Seahorse, you must be a Chef......right?

Gerd

Yes, a Chef and a bit of a geek when it comes to talking about food.

Looks like Thai Tenderloin to me.

About 185/205 baht per kilo from Makro.

Unfortunately very tough. But they do sell imported ribeye from Oz at very competitive prices

Bit of tenderizing, slow cooked and the results have been quite acceptable for me.

It also means I can turn out a Roast Beef meal for 200 Baht - our customers like that.

They must have good teeth because the meat never comes back :)

Edited by cardholder