Permanent Residency

Probably again the same question, but first time for me-

I am german, 42 years, was a lawyer and company-owner in Germany, "retired" since 1 year, ( which means I just dont work for money anymore now) because I have enough to live on the bank. I am happily merried to my Thai wife, marriage in Germany 7 years ago, recently registered in Pattaya, two kids 2 and 5 years old, one with two passports, the younger one not yet, up to now only german, thai pass in progress. I legally transfered already a nice amount of money to thailand, which is on the governmental Krung Thai Bank now. We bought a house on our company name in Pattaya, Company ist registered on my wife and my name, an the usual co- shareholders... I own another company with quite a big piece of land.( with the usual shareholders.)

I had a Non-O now for 3 years, although I didnt really need it, cause I travel still a lot between germany and Thailand. When I got my last Visa in Munich Embassy 2 months ago, I got a Non-O-A without specificly asking for it. So- I love to get a real permanent resident visa, what I have to do and where?

Sorry for the long story, but I thougt, the more info is inside, the more precise could be the answers...... THANKS a lot in advance-

Correct you still need the work permit, no real changes there only the extensions are easier and cheaper.

In case you hold a one year visa, you need to apply for an extension when your visa comes to an end. Often you will then get another month and it says in your passport that your extension is under consideration. With that one month extension you can apply for an extension of your work permit, also one month. Quite often the application for your one year visa extension takes up to three months and you are running from immigration to labour office for that period and paying every time.

With the permanent residence this is one visit per year. Also be informed that the work permit normally runs from (hope I am correct) 8th of July until the 8th of July.

So when you get your residence say on the first of December 2003 you then go to the labour department to extend your work permit until the 8th of July 2004. Then on the 8th of July 2004 you extend it to the 8th of july 2005 and so on and so on.

Correct you still need the work permit, no real changes there only the extensions are easier and cheaper.

In case you hold a one year visa, you need to apply for an extension when your visa comes to an end. Often you will then get another month and it says in your passport that your extension is under consideration. With that one month extension you can apply for an extension of your work permit, also one month. Quite often the application for your one year visa extension takes up to three months and you are running from immigration to labour office for that period and paying every time.

With the permanent residence this is one visit per year. Also be informed that the work permit normally runs from (hope I am correct) 8th of July until the 8th of July.

So when you get your residence say on the first of December 2003 you then go to the labour department to extend your work permit until the 8th of July 2004. Then on the 8th of July 2004 you extend it to the 8th of july 2005 and so on and so on.

:D

Opps :o

So why do I always re-new my Work Permit, with my P.R. in hand on 27th May or (of course before the due date, to find out what paperwork they require) each and every year. B)

Me think is because that was the date when I got my Work Permit many years ago and not on your due date CM which you mentioned. B)

Please ask the your local L.D about the dates that you mentioned . B)

Have the Rules change since 27th May 2003 ?