Registering A Marriage In The Uk

sk1max

Anyone have experience with registering a Thai marriage in the UK? What docs do you need etc. I mean my marriage to my Thai wife, Wife need to be there etc......thanks

Edited by sk1max

Who in their right mind would want to do that.... then she can come after your assets in the UK...

No need to be insulting - the OP asked a legitimate question and it's up to him.

Here's the answer from British Consulate.

Dear Mr

Thank you for your e-mail. In answer to your question, please read below:

If your marriage is valid under a Thai law then it will be recognised under UK law. The Thai marriage certificate will be in Thai only. You may wish to arrange a translation from a translation bureau and get an authentication by the Thai Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA) for legal purposes in the UK. We can legalise the authentication once it has been verified by the MFA.

Consular Section in Bangkok can arrange for your marriage certificate to be deposited with the General Register Office (GRO) in the United Kingdom. This not a legal obligating and has no bearing on the validity or otherwise of the marriage. Form "Procedure for Recording a Marriage in the UK" is available on our website: www.ukinthailand.fco.gov.uk

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you enquire further assistance.

Yours sincerely,

Panita Inthasan

Consular Officer

British Consulate, Chiang Mai

Who in their right mind would want to do that.... then she can come after your assets in the UK...

No need to be insulting - the OP asked a legitimate question and it's up to him.

Dear Mr

If your marriage is valid under a Thai law then it will be recognised under UK law. The Thai marriage certificate will be in Thai only. You may wish to arrange a translation from a translation bureau and get an authentication by the Thai Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA) for legal purposes in the UK. We can legalise the authentication once it has been verified by the MFA.

Consular Section in Bangkok can arrange for your marriage certificate to be deposited with the General Register Office (GRO) in the United Kingdom. This not a legal obligating and has no bearing on the validity or otherwise of the marriage. Form "Procedure for Recording a Marriage in the UK" is available on our website: www.ukinthailand.fco.gov.uk

Yours sincerely,

Panita Inthasan

Consular Officer

MYOB..... I was being pragmatic not insulting :annoyed:

Dear Mr

Yours sincerely,

Panita Inthasan

Consular Officer

Go suck lemons. The OP asked a question about registering his marriage, not a psychiatric evaluation.

Dear Mr

Yours sincerely,

Panita Inthasan

Consular Officer

MYOB?

Post it on a public forum it's everyone's business . . . !

1. OP was NOT asking for your personal opinion as to what he should do he was asking for practical advice on how to register his marriage. Responding to requests that you stay on topic with personal insults isn't going to get you very far.

2. The post has been answered and to ward off any future interference in this man's life I am closing this thread.

For future reference to the OP, a better response is usually found in the visas to other countries forum where there usually is more practical and applicable advice.

//CLOSED//