Them And Us

GM1955

Macoroni boy, if you in Alaska, pm me and we can box it out boy.

so let me get this straight, via your previous post, you came to thailand thought with your smaller head, hooked up with a bar girl, got burned, now feel qualified to put all expats into one basket and think we should all speak the language before we are qualified to speak out yet, you spent what 30 minutes in the country and left alaska and are defending the thais from the USA???? you really are a troll, next time you return to thailand look me up i will probably still be working on my second decade of living in propsering in lol without ever falling in love with a bar girl, nor getting burned by one or beinging fluent in the language.

no Mac & cheese.

I ask if you fluent because how can you speak out and defend somthing if you don't know any Thai in "Thailand" ??? What ?! Thais magically all understand English everytime you open your mouth? GTFOuta here lol.

Did I get with a bar girl and get burned? Nope. It's backwards, I got with a nice woman from the village my family is from and burned her 3 years later.

So I been to thailand for only 30 mintunes huh? You better upgrade it to 3 years buddy. And I'm only 25 now. Not 55 like you. You can't speak fluent and almost been there 20 years? Pitiful...

The only reason you may have not fell in love with a bar girl yet like most of these expats, is because you probally too busy exploiting them on your Thai xxx website making a living off of that.

& I will definatly meet you up or you can meet me up, and I won't bring any Thai family or weapons and we can do it the old fashioned way.

I'm not a "troll" the post you replied on, you make it like I was talking directly to "you" and I don't even know who the helll you are, you brought yourself into my post, talking about "let's meet up" ... I'm down buddy when my feet touch Thailand agian.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ no they dont watch t.v. about 10 hours a day, its more like 20!

i wouldnt even mind if it was reasonably watchable, but it aint! same old mind boggling <deleted> wheeled out everyday. i mean <deleted> do any of these thai soap opera makers ever study the art of cinematography before they are handed out an unlimited budget to make such crap. same old story line of constant screaming, shouting, hi-so rich families bickering, driving mercs and beamers. the scene where the so called actors talk to themselves with that stupid stare into the camera just before they try to poison the mother in law. the lady fights, the blurring out of drinking and smoking and not even a bit of tit and arse.

is it any wonder that most thais seem in a transfixed state, close to being hypnotized when watching such rubbish. or is it part of a master plan by authorities in charge to keep the citizens of this country in a mind numbing state, so as not to use their brains.

my god they even make dynasty, dallas, eastenders, coronation street, emmerdale, home and away and neighbors look good. huh.gif

This is rich. I take it you don't understand a lick of Thai. And you're passing judgment on what Thai's should find entertaining? Are you suggesting that western TV shows are not mind-numbing, unwatchable crap? If that's the case, I'd like to know your IQ as everyone knows that western TV shows in general are targeted to the lowest common denominator. It's really a matter of taste, isn't it? For example, I can't believe anyone out there actually enjoys soccer, cricket, the Tour de France, car racing, Oprah, or any other "stuff" among a long list of so-called entertainment on western TV that I find horribly useless. But then, to each his own.

firstly, i do understand quite a bit of thai, seeing as i have been here on and off for almost ten years and now live here on a full time basis and interact with the people of this country both on an family level as well as working with them.

secondly, whether or not i understand thai is irrelevant, because it doesnt take a brain surgeon to work out one plot from the other in most thai soap operas.

thirdly, i agree with you about the fact that it doesnt take much of an IQ to understand the shows that are targeted towards the lowest common denominator, but that might have something to do with the fact that so much of what is shown now back on the screens in the west, is the kind of crap that was first churned out back in the good old U .S. of A. whistling.gif

and finally, its football not soccer. wink.gif

I get corrected by my Euro friends all the time...but it's still soccer in the states. Yes, when I was talking about mindless crap entertainment, I was talking specifically about mindless crap from the US. That's what I grew up on, and frankly, I don't mind having my senses occasionally dulled for an hour or two. But that's my point. The Thai's enjoy watching what they watch and if they find it entertaining, who are foreigners to tell them they're wasting their time when the stuff we call entertainment really isn't much better. It's really a matter of taste. I have a friend who likes classical music, orchestras, big bands and such. You couldn't pay me to sit and watch one of those type of concerts. And I consider myself rather worldly and refined!

Superstar are you a troll or do you really exist? I mean no disrespect but I am completely baffled by your postings. Are you Thai or farang or eskimo? I love Thailand and Thai people. But seriously, three things I never see here are good drivers, large breasts or fair fights. And what is a "western?" Isn't it a movie about cowboys? and also I see many Thai people driving fancy cars and eating at McDonalds. They watch much more tv than I do, and of course they never get sunburned as they are wrapped up like mummies, carry umbrellas and park under a tree on motorbike waiting for light to change. And what is point of all this tough talk on an anonymous forum? In prison there is a term called "cell gangster." It is a guy who runs his mouth all the time challenging everyone to fight while he is in his cell. As soon as cell door opens, his whole attitude changes immediately, and he starts in with, "hey guys, I was just kidding."

I am a person with a opinion. That's all I was doing. I never challenged anyone to "meet up" (mac & beans) put his nose in my post and was talking about "let's me up" ... Lol me be tough on the forum? "NOPE not me" I'm just telling it how I see it, and defending my people to the grave, like I said if nobody likes it, then you don't have to read my posts, I don't force you.

I honestly think it is some real BS when someone goes to someone else country and demands : respect, honor, women, rights, a change in politics, rule changes, love, acceptance, ect.

It is NOT YOUR country NOR THE SAME that's why it's "thailand" and is so great. If you don't like it then go home , go to India, go to the phillipines, go to the UAE, sheeesh just take you complaining butts out of Thailand with your negitive additudes and constantly bring Thai people down.

That's all I'm saying. "this thread is "was" about Farang men being paranoid about Thai men or whatever it was" I'm just being a voice for them. Probally 95% Thais can't read or write English or even know that people in there country are constantly complaining about them on THaivisa.com... I'm just defending them

Don't lose any sleep over me friends, I'm just a man with a keyboard. Lol

...if all the things that expats whinge about went away...it would be rather boring here...often people travel or expatriate for 'la difference"....

If in your life don't have any other enjoyment than getting it trough pain and abuses, it would be much better for you to join one of those sadomaso groups, make sure you go for a hard one too :lol: so you can tell us later about "la difference" but just don't ask everybody to join you in that, as many of us can still get happyness in other ways, luckily.....enjoy!

...and defending my people to the grave

That's the problem with many people, you shouldn't take the parts of someone, in either defending or attacking, just because you belong to their ethnic group, what you should do is defend the rights of everyone to be treathed is a fair and reasonable way, i am sure you wouldn't be happy to hear someone telling you "gtf" out of Alaska just because you are thai......If for example, the EU all of a sudden decide to invade Thailand to take advantage of all the coconuts and durians around, do you really believe all the EU citizen will join them just because they belong to the same country? surely many will do, as you are not alone in your way to see the reality around us, as many other posters also proved by supporting your current ideas.....

• Like 1

...and defending my people to the grave

That's the problem with many people, you shouldn't take the parts of someone, in either defending or attacking, just because you belong to their ethnic group, what you should do is defend the rights of everyone to be treathed is a fair and reasonable way, i am sure you wouldn't be happy to hear someone telling you "gtf" out of Alaska just because you are thai......If for example, the EU all of a sudden decide to invade Thailand to take advantage of all the coconuts and durians around, do you really believe all the EU citizen will join them just because they belong to the same country? surely many will do, as you are not alone in your way to see the reality around us, as many other posters also proved by supporting your current ideas.....

I'll speak my mind, if I don't like something, there 20 new stupid threads everyday about something, and I'm not flooding every one of those threads. This certain one bothers me.

You don't like what I say, then skip over my post. If you do, then enjoy.

Everyone one keep complaining about what I'm saying, then kick rocks. How many times I have to say this? lol

I'll speak my mind, if I don't like something, there 20 new stupid threads everyday about something, and I'm not flooding every one of those threads. This certain one bothers me.

You don't like what I say, then skip over my post. If you do, then enjoy.

Everyone one keep complaining about what I'm saying, then kick rocks. How many times I have to say this? lol

You got every right to say what you want same as me i might not agree but it does not mean you have no right to express yourself.

I may not agree with what you say but I will defend to the death your right to say it

Voltaire (according to some)

....hmmmm.:blink: Seems to be an unsavory and instinctive competitive pettiness developing amongst some throughout this thread. If that's the case......my Mother can whip yours!;):rolleyes:

And my aunt is a retired nurse . . . . she has a great ointment for nappy rash; come see her after tongue.gif