Thai Leather "Map" Wallet

Thanyaburi Mac

I need about 27 of these wallets, mixed black and brown. Used to get them from a lady selling such off a table at Pratunam. My wife just phone her, she's out of business and said she doesn't know of any current source.

These are the wallets with a map of Thailand on one side of the fold.

Anyone seen such around town lately? I'd sure like to find a source before making the trek downtown.

Mac

post-32650-099273000 1279783487_thumb.jp

If you are thinking of these as gifts to take or send to Australia be warned leather items give big quarantene problems there.

Harry

Nope, to the U.S., vets of service over in this area like them. Just like the Jim Beam "map" bottle for Thailand, memories!

Mac

Great....I sent an elephant from ChiangMai uni to my grandaughter in australia and they wouldnt let it in because it was stuffed.

Guess theyu would like them...I kind of remember them from the early seventies here too.

Robinson's usually carries them in the men's wallet/belt section. I always pick up a few before going to the US.

Ah, didn't think a highline place like Robinson would carry such, will check next time I'm down to Future Park.

Do you remember what you paid? Last year's price at Pratunam was baht 130 each.

Mac

• 8 years later...
1 hour ago, kralledr said:

did you see the topic date, op is not active anymore 

Haha .... Glad you pointed this out. I once responded to an item only to have it pointed out to me that it was quite "dated". Now I try to remember to check.