Need Quick Tefl Certificate

tomwct

I have a job teaching English starting in October. I have teaching experience and a university degree, so I only need a TEFL Certificate to begin. Please PM me if you have any ideas on how I can obtain a certificate attending a quick course and/or using my previous teaching experience as a basis for the TEFL Certificate. Thanks for your assistance on this matter.

Unless things have changed in the past month, neither the TCT, the Labor Office nor Immigration require a TEFL Certificate. Unless your school requires a TEFL Certificate, you don't need one. You probably will need a BA or BS and one year's experience teaching, though schools can usually get around the one year requirement.

Having said that, if you have no teaching experience or training, a TEFL class can be very useful.

If your school told you that you need a TEFL Cert. they may have their own requirements or may not be aware of the current legal requirements. Also, Immigration Offices sometimes arbitrarily ask for additional paperwork.

120 hour (3-4 weeks) TEFL courses are the "norm"...you've got plenty of time to do one until October. Any reputable company should do.

Minstry Of Education & Ministry Of Immigration requires them for private companies but not government schools AFAIK so it depends on your employer.

Edited by Glock3am