Maxnet Adsl

tyznd

I live a few kilometers south of Tesco on Hang Dong road and got a postcard promoting MaxNet ADSL for 790 baht a month 512/256. There is a promotion good until 10 July where you get a free modem. Sent an email to get more details on total costs but did not get an answer I could understand. Anyone have this service and what are all the fees involved with getting set up?

Thanks

the email address is www.tttbroadband.com. go there and like most thai websites their english version is half thai/half english. sent an email and got a reply from someone named sirpong but can't get a straight answer to any of my questions.

Yeah, I received one of those as well. From what I can glean from the pamphlet it's a free set up and the modem's also free. 1,000 baht and 1,250 baht respectively after the promotion date. TT&T is on the third floor in the Central Airport Plaza. Let us know how it goes.

• 2 weeks later...
does anyone currently have this service?  the promo ends on the 10th.

I use TT&T Maxnet ADSL 512 Kb/s since about 2 months. I must say, while having experience with internet connections in The Netherlands, I am not really happy with what the TT&T-ISP offer. I called so many times to the TT&T internet-service to report: 1. no acces to the net, 2. the modem will not start-up, 3. the bandwidth is sometimes decreased to (really) 0,000 Kb/s.

The answer I got the last time I called was: You are "only" paying for a shared connection, so the bandwidth goes down when more users are online.

O.k. I know that the bandwidth can be different sometimes, but going down to zero for a real long time is really too much. I signed the contract for one year, because of the free modem. But like I said the modem and the software installed is also not top-quality.

If I could I would switch to another ISP, but I really don't know if other ISP's are so much better.

• 3 years later...
You might want to take a look at the Maxnet thread on the internet sub-forum - not very good news.

We don't have a choice where we live (south of Hua Hin). Only MaxNet. But most of my neighbors have no complaints.