Pattaya Underage Boy Bar Raided In Organised Sting Operation

webfact

Society puts all kinds of rules in place about sex--including who, when, where and under what conditions. The reason for these rules, and laws is that we may need a strong reminder of what we can and cannot do. Most older people have more experience than the younger folks and thus they know when they are taking advantage of innocence. But a stint in the local prison can act as a deterrent for many. Unfortunately, for a few even this doesn't work.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Society puts all kinds of rules in place about sex--including who, when, where and under what conditions. The reason for these rules, and laws is that we may need a strong reminder of what we can and cannot do. Most older people have more experience than the younger folks and thus they know when they are taking advantage of innocence. But a stint in the local prison can act as a deterrent for many. Unfortunately, for a few even this doesn't work.

Which is why society has punishment, or removal from full access to society,

to back up the rules of order... well most societies.

Edited by animatic

I totally agree there are very good reasons for the laws. Societies do need to create these lines in the sand to protect children, and they have to pick a number. As in all human endeavors, nothing is perfect, for some situations an adult having their life ruined for a consensual love relationship with someone a year under the cut off date would be legally correct but ethically atrocious; in other situations an adult sexually exploiting a vulnerable 19 year old would be legally A-OK but also ethically atrocious. If I was making the laws personally, as it is obvious youth internationally are in general becoming sexually aware and mature earlier, I would pick the age of 16 to be the cut off number. Some countries do, some countries go lower. Some countries oppress gays by having a higher age for gays than straights as was the case for a long time in the UK (now corrected). Of course that's academic for Thailand, as the legal cutoff age that is relevant to foreigners here having relations with Thais is age 18. There is an aspect about the Thai law (at least my understanding of it, I could be wrong) that I find entirely logical and appropriate. Here, there are two levels of underage crime, the crimes against younger children (pederasty) being a more severe legal consequence than the crimes against those a few years under 18 (not pederasty).

Edited by Jingthing

They all look over 18 to me....

Was about to say the same thing, but still sick and gross.

It is not one of humanities brighter corners to have a light shown on.

But sick and gross based on the picture above is not quite accurate if they are of legal age.

Free will and preferences of attraction have never been successfully legislated,

only the legal aspect of protecting the underaged involved in this episode warrants

the sick and gross appellation. If nationality, gender and age discrepancy are the only

criteria for disgust, and not actually legality, then it smacks of prejudice more than grotesqueness.

Edited by animatic