Furniture

leebie

can anyone help just built house near sisaket for me the wife and here mom,i live in the uk with my wife but we are returning to thailand in december for a month,does anyone no where we can buy some basic furniture e.g beds sofa washer etc ive looked on google but all seems too expensive.thx anyone out there from yorkshire ?

• Like 1

Hi Leebie

Srisaket is quite a fair sized city with the usual supermarkets and I suspect you will be able to get things locally. If not Surin is not that far and as its were I live, I know of many locations

in town for furniture. IQ Moderntrade is a very large DIY/Home-mart type of place thats quite good. We also have both Concept and Index stores selling furniture plus loads of different places for 'white' good.

Feel free to PM me, if I can be of further help.

p.s. I don't come from above the Thames BTW.

Hi Leebie

Srisaket is quite a fair sized city with the usual supermarkets and I suspect you will be able to get things locally. If not Surin is not that far and as its were I live, I know of many locations

in town for furniture. IQ Moderntrade is a very large DIY/Home-mart type of place thats quite good. We also have both Concept and Index stores selling furniture plus loads of different places for 'white' good.

thx dave we will look at surin, i think we can drive that way from bkk i think it too late some things have been purchased allready by my wife sister,hope fully nothing for our rooms.not sure what tha fasination is with blue....but we got plenty of it !

Hi Leebie

thx dave we will look at surin, i think we can drive that way from bkk i think it too late some things have been purchased allready by my wife sister,hope fully nothing for our rooms.not sure what tha fasination is with blue....but we got plenty of it !

Leebie,

I am in Sisaket as well. I manufacture furniture but from your post not within the price range you want. As a guide if you are looking for the basic stuff then Bic C, Tescos and the like sell assembly yourself stuff very cheaply. Personally I think Index and the like stuff is much the same chipboard junk but over priced. The one thing your will have to hunt for is a decent mattress. Most Thai mattresses are as hard as a rock and even harder if you turn them over. I bought a foam mattress some eight years ago and it has been and still is very comfortable, it cost 1,600 baht. A decent mattress (inner spring) will cost your about 10,000 baht.

If your travelling via Surin then fine. If you want want a day trip from Sisaket then try Ubon. Many large furniture stores etc and only 60 odd Kms away. Try Big C in Sisaket for the cupboards etc...

Isaanaussie

• Like 1

Leebie,

I am in Sisaket as well. I manufacture furniture but from your post not within the price range you want. As a guide if you are looking for the basic stuff then Bic C, Tescos and the like sell assembly yourself stuff very cheaply. Personally I think Index and the like stuff is much the same chipboard junk but over priced. The one thing your will have to hunt for is a decent mattress. Most Thai mattresses are as hard as a rock and even harder if you turn them over. I bought a foam mattress some eight years ago and it has been and still is very comfortable, it cost 1,600 baht. A decent mattress (inner spring) will cost your about 10,000 baht.

If your travelling via Surin then fine. If you want want a day trip from Sisaket then try Ubon. Many large furniture stores etc and only 60 odd Kms away. Try Big C in Sisaket for the cupboards etc...

Isaanaussie

Surin Concept, (which is near Thong Tarin Hotel) has the best matresses in Surin IMO, then Index but as Isaanaussie says they are 10/15k+ (but money well spent)