At Least 10 Injured In Explosion In Front Of Big C Rajdamri

george

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In a bit the bombing featured on the main page of Nations website they mention that police blocked off the area for a detailed forensic investigation and continue on with this revelation - the explosives contained a garbage bag! Thank god they at least discovered that.

well the burning of Bangkok has not been solved yet, we all saw how wrong people could be with the missing weapons, rockets launched, poo thrown over wall etc. but yes, people will speculate, I already have, The government are trying to justify the emergency decree.

I would suggest that the arson attacks (the majority) have been well and truly solved but just that nothing has been done about it.

Some of the 'perps' were likely to have died in the fires that they themselves lit.

Thailand has a very sick underbelly at work and has had for several decades "TIT"

I hope the bomber drops dead. A plague on you, scum.

Hey, that's an incendiary comment that most of us would agree with, whatever color the bombers were, but let's face, they were reds.

Give it a rest............

The problems are serious enough as it is without endless propagandists.......

Well, didn't take that long...

Can't say it wasn't expected, but one always hopes.

I don't think it matters all that much who's behind it, though.

The main thing this act broadcasts is disregard for human lives and seeing them as something that can be used for political gains - something which is sadly acceptable with most political sides in LOS.

Also, it serves to remember that internal unity and discipline aren't the hallmarks of political and military organizations here, plenty of rouge elements around, and not as much control as some leaders would have us believe.

Too bad for those innocents who got caught up in that. Wrong time, wrong place. Hope all will survive the ordeal.

Wonder if more of the same is expected in the immediate future.

Speculation on the identity of those responsible is unhelpful and merely exposes the prejudices of those doing the speculation.

I'm sure that whoever is responsible will announce themselves in due course.

I'm not so sure.

In the past, many bomb attacks and similar in Thailand were not claimed.

Remember the grenade attack on klong toey market and all the grenades that have been flying over the last years.

I am puzzled as to who could benefit from such bombing.

- the government doesn't need that to maintain the ED

- the reds couldn't do any worse PR if that bombing was ever linked to them

I'd bet on some lunatic group, or maybe the southern insurgents wanting to destabilize the country even further, to have an easier game in the south.

Speculation on the identity of those responsible is unhelpful and merely exposes the prejudices of those doing the speculation.

I'm sure that whoever is responsible will announce themselves in due course.

And post of today IMO go's to a MOD.... :clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

There is only one trouble with that post though. Look back at recent history. On many of these occasion the guilty parties in various terrorist acts NEVER DID announce culpability. So speculation and mysteries were all we may ever have about this incident as well.

Hey, that's an incendiary comment that most of us would agree with, whatever color the bombers were, but let's face, they were reds.

Give it a rest............

The problems are serious enough as it is without endless propagandists.......

But Jingthing is right, ... I know what my gut says.... After all, where did all the grenades come from during the red rally, who tried to burn Bangkok....?

Let's make sure we stick to commenting on the topic and the posts about it; NOT the poster making it.

I am curious about the target. As I understand it, Big C's in general appeal to the lower economic portion of society. Buses are also used by the poorer segment of society, so the people who get injured are more likely to be red shirts, I would think.

• Like 1

In my opinion October will be extremely sensitive. I predicted the crackdown last time for May, now, if they can't get things under control, October could become very serious.

Why do you say October?

Let's make sure we stick to commenting on the topic and the posts about it; NOT the poster making it.

I am curious about the target. As I understand it, Big C's in general appeal to the lower economic portion of society. Buses are also used by the poorer segment of society, so the people who get injured are more likely to be red shirts, I would think.

Not really. I use buses. Most of my friends use buses. My friend when she stays here in my part of the city has little choice but to use a bus most of the way to her job and she is an IT person. Students, professors, government employees, and many others who regularly use buses. And poor does not mean they sympathize with the red shirts. It is not the class issue the reds try to make out to be.

Sadly the only group to be radically indoctrinated into

a violent frame of mind to reach their ends is the Reds.

They just badly lost an election meant to vindicate them....

Radicals in the midst heard PTP take steps at reconciliation

and steps towards removing the SOE. this is enough reasons to

extend the SOE, but because then it's EASIER for the Reds to pillory the government.

Reconciliation is not winning and the Red Stages were chockablock with

WIN OR ELSE, nothing else matters statements from most protest leaders.

An obvious segment of the reds certainly sees violence as a viable route

to their goals and little people are expendable pawns in their plans.

This is the only group with this kind of mindset on the scene.

Did they do it?? well that remains to be seen.

Are some on their side likely to have done it,

logically the odds lean much harder in that direction.

All too sad that ANYONE can think this is a realistic method to regain power,

or punish those who are not with them as true belivers.

Terrorists often pick soft targets, targets easier to hit. Remember, Mr. Thaksin more or less predicted this kind of underground terror escalation by the reds at the time of the Bangkok Burning. On the other hand, it actually sounded like more of a threat than a prediction.

i wonder who planted it, the government to justify the continued emergency decree, the reds or the yellows, or southern insurgents (terrorists). My money is on the fist one.

What a sick person you are . Nobody has any idea, at this stage, who is responsible. Why not have some sympathy for the injured rather than making inane and inflammatory remarks.

In my opinion October will be extremely sensitive. I predicted the crackdown last time for May, now, if they can't get things under control, October could become very serious.

Why do you say October?

in history, Thailand has always been in big trouble in May and October (also fits into the common holiday calendar schedule). The last crackdown was tailored to the same date like the one in 1992 so that the memorial days don't become overwhelming in Thailand. October 1972 was the so called Communist crackdown.

And as it appears somebody wants to become Thailands Kim Jong., at least this person or group is working hard on that.

Edited by elcent

Update:

Eight wounded in bombing as Bangkok votes

By Ploy Ten Kate

BANGKOK: -- A bomb exploded in Bangkok on Saturday, wounding at least eight people, as the city voted in a by-election that could signal whether recent unrest has changed Thailand's political landscape.

The bomb was hidden in a trash bin at a bus stop in the heart of the commercial district on Ratchadumri Road, an area occupied by thousands of "red shirt" anti-government protesters for several weeks until an army crackdown on May 19.

A Reuters witness said eight people were wounded.

The by-election for a Bangkok seat in parliament could indicate whether unrest that killed at least 89 people in April and May will hurt Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva's ruling party in national elections next year.

"The race is very important for both parties because the result, as well as the margin won, will be seen as a symbolic statement in a tense and divided political landscape," said Karn Yuenyong, director of the independent Siam Intelligence Unit.

The seat was expected to be won by the ruling Democrats whose fractious six-party coalition has a 75-seat majority in the 480-seat parliament.

But the margin could offer a critical measure of support for the anti-government "red shirt" protest movement in Bangkok after their festive, flag-waving rallies in March descended into gunbattles and riots in April and May that frightened off tourists and hurt Southeast Asia's second-biggest economy.

Unofficial results of the vote in Bangkok's Constituency 6 are expected before 8 p.m. (2 p.m. BST).

-- Agencies 2010-07-25

All too sad that ANYONE can think this is a realistic method to regain power,

or punish those who are not with them as true belivers.

Maybe not realistic but inciting anarchy and doing what they can to weaken the government may seem to them to be their only hope to take power at this point.

Predictable that Tony would point fingers at the government and claim they would bomb their own when no evidence has never ever been presented that they have done it sofar during this mandate period.

We do however know that 'the Red Shirt in jail hoping to become an MP' lost today...and democracy has never been the red shirts strong side.

Its is sad and an act of a true coward.However real Democracy has never been Thailand strong side and I hope I am wrong but I do not think I will ever see it in my life time.

Edited by hardy1943

... and don't forget that a certain person and his fortune tellers have decided the last quarter of the year as the comeback of (fill in the blank) .................................. and therefore something like an extreme last ditch effort may be applied for realization.

There are also strong speculations connected with the dissolution of a party ahead.

Case solved then. I'm sure you have the evidence. Save the country a lot of money and turn it all over.

Personally, I have no political affiliation. However, I always said:

If you commit yourself, without question to any political party, then sooner or later you will be made to look like a fool.

Terrorists often pick soft targets, targets easier to hit. Remember, Mr. Thaksin more or less predicted this kind of underground terror escalation by the reds at the time of the Bangkok Burning. On the other hand, it actually sounded like more of a threat than a prediction.

Usually those who commit terrorist acts brag about it. They want the notoriety. It's one of the reasons the acts are committed. The silence is strange, unless there has been an admission and the police are withholding the information.

Update:

RAJDAMRI BOMB ATTACK

The blast intended to cause many injuries : Government spokesman

BANGKOK: -- Government spokesman Panitan Wattanayakorn said Sunday the blast at a Rajdamri bus stop was intended to cause injries to people.

The bomb attack at a bus stop in front of Big C Department Store's Rajdamri branch at about 5.15pm injured nine people, one seriously.

It was the first violence in Bangkok after the May chaos in which red shirts protesters burnt down many buildings in Bangkok.

This Big C branch and the CentralWorld Shopping Complex on the opposite site of the road, were burnt down during the riots.

Panitan said that it seemed like they placed the bomb at a place that would cause injuries to a number of people. They are quite serious about causing trouble, he said.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2010-07-25