Anyone Here Used To Live In Los Angeles?

highonthai

I was just wondering if anyone here used to or currently live in Los Angeles?

I have been trying to live between both places. Chiang mai and Sherman Oaks, California. I am glad to have been introduced to this site. lots of good info.

I have been trying to live between both places. Chiang mai and Sherman Oaks, California. I am glad to have been introduced to this site. lots of good info.

That there is.

I'm a native of Orange Co. and glad I found this Forum too!

Welcome highonthai. :o

I also lived in Orange County for six years during my college years. Also a few weeks in Studio City where my Taiwanese/Thai friend from high school (ISB) owned a motel 'Sherman Oaks Inn' near Sherman Oaks.

I'm a native of Orange Co.

That explains a lot, doesn't it! :o

----

I was born in Los Angeles and lived there until I went away to university. My Mom still lives in the family home in Northridge, which is in the San Fernando Valley; part of the City of Los Angeles.

My father used to be the Principal of Sherman Oaks Elementary School.

Hello HighonThai,

I lived in Sherman Oaks as a child (Weddington Street) then moved to the other side of the hill (Santa Monica) in my teen years. Went to Santa Monica High School.

Spend my time now between Thailand (have a daughter in collage in thailand) and Los Angeles. (Redondo Beach) Love both places.

Welcome.... I enjoy this site very much. Like you I feel lucky I found it also.

Sendbaht

Edited by sendbaht

I used to live in El Segundo until I couldn't take it anymore and got out of California and moved to Las Vegas. Seems like everybody followed me over here because now Las Vegas is turning into a little LA and I am starting to hate this place too.

LOS Angeles... LOS

One LOS to another.

I grew up in West L. A., Santa Monica, Venice area.

Lived in Northridge when I was I student at C.S.U.N.

Santa Monica & Glendale!

I'm a native of Orange Co.

That explains a lot, doesn't it! :o

----

I was born in Los Angeles and lived there until I went away to university. My Mom still lives in the family home in Northridge, which is in the San Fernando Valley; part of the City of Los Angeles.

My father used to be the Principal of Sherman Oaks Elementary School.

You're givin us too much head, son. Be a bit more considerate, please. :D

I used to live in the Hollywood Hills. Now I split my time between Thailand and Palm Springs, CA.

I wish the Thai food in California was better (and its the best in the USA by far). The dishes are so drastically changed.....all the sauces are thick like gravy. The Tom Yum is gross at most places...very sweet. The problem is lack of good Thai produce....only a few places can get fresh galangal, kaffir limes, etc.

If anyone knows of a great Thai restaurant in LA or Plam Springs, please let me know.

Tim

If anyone knows of a great Thai restaurant in LA or Plam Springs, please let me know.

Tim

There's loads of good Thai Restaurants in Thai Town - Hollywood - right on the Bouvelard. In PS - there aren't any, unfortunately.

Or should say as of a year ago when I was last out I couldn't find any.

Heard there was one in Cathedral City but I'm always a bit hesitant to venture there! :o

Edited by Boon Mee

Lived off Sepulveva for a couple years then for a while near Venice Beach.

Never really liked it but it was good for meeting chicks.

Been in San Diego since 85. It's hard to beat even though it is becoming "LAized." :o

Still keep a place in Glendora but I dont know why. Trying to limit my visits to once or twice a year for as short as possible.

Do you find it odd going back? People are so unfriendly, last time I had someone really get upset as I drove past them on the sidewalk. I thought I was going slow enough and I did use my horn, no sense of fun I guess.

Lived in LA (Orange County) in the early 90's for only 6 months, that was enough - I left.

I have never seen so many beggars in a "first rate" country, especially on Sunset after dark.

I used to be a frequent vistor to The Roxy, Troubador, Fm Station and a few others - great times had.

I did like San Diego - great place to live.