Round Trip Ticket

I am from USA and 43 I have read conflicting info. about weather it is necessary to have a return flight ticket apon arrivel in LOS. :o

It is stated that it is a requirement but I have entered Thailand by air more than 40 times and never once has my return ticket been checked upon arrival.

Guys, what's it all about...?

If it is required than have a return in your hand when entering LOS.

That's the simplest and easiest way to avoid any "trouble"

on arrival. So, where is the point?

Undoubted Thailand has applied a tougher stand towards foreigners -

IMHO: comply with their requirements.

It is a requirement and is mostly enforced based on recent upgrades in security. Most airlines won't carry you without either a return ticket or a visa. The visa way is probably best for you. A tourist visa enables a 60 day stay and it can be extended by another 30 days when you are here. Thai Consulates in the US are usually easy to deal with and you can use the mails. Try Houston...very visa friendly. . :o

If you have a visa it is not required. If you plan to travel without a visa an onward ticket is required for travel within 30 days for Americans and many airlines will not allow you to board without it. It is not normally checked in Thailand immigration.

Thanks for the replies. DR I am aware of Texas, there is a lady that has been very helpfull and if I decide to get a mutiple entry O I will need 200,000b in the bank correct?? Are there any other requirements I've missed? Thank's again. :o

PS: I've been reading up on LOS for almost a year now and some of the stuff is scarry! In Monroe county (FL. Keys) which is 100 N mi. long we might have one murder a year.

PS: I've been reading up on LOS for almost a year now and some of the stuff is scarry! In Monroe county (FL. Keys) which is 100 N mi. long we might have one murder a year.

If you knew how many people die on the road in Thailand ... Last New Year Holiday ... more than 400 people died on the road in 5 days ... and those are for the reported accidents ...

So no need to worry about Murder ... worry about the 20 THB ride on a moto-taxi ... which could be the last one. :o

A round trip ticket is cheaper than a one way anyway. Throw away the second half.

One murder per year in Monroe Co? Because you feed the fish with the corpses...? Or ship them north to Dade or Broward?

http://www.keysso.net/pio/stats/crimestatsindex.htm

Anyway, walking in BKK at midnight is less scary than walking 100m on Duval St at 6PM. So stop worrying.

100 miles long and 100 meters wide. You cite a very rare place, with one road out of town and more cops/feds/military than residents! ((well almost)) :o

As someone who lived in Keys Gate, Homestead for three years (until Andrew blew it down) can say without any reservation that I feel much safer from violent crime here in Thailand than I ever felt in South Dade!

100 miles long and 100 meters wide. You cite a very rare place, with one road out of town and more cops/feds/military than residents! ((well almost)) :D

As someone who lived in Keys Gate, Homestead for three years (until Andrew blew it down) can say without any reservation that I feel much safer from violent crime here in Thailand than I ever felt in South Dade!

Your right---- it's dumb for me to compare this community (crime wise) to anywhere in the LOS, For the all reasons you have mentioned and a few others I have thought of. You are wrong about the 100 meter thing though, I suspect you were just triing to make a point. I Didden't really intend to start a discussion on this as this is really not the spot for it. I will bring it up another time. :o

MARSHY, This is the place for a discussion,thats what we do here,,.

But don't worry about it,and I will meet you at the air port when you get in and show you around,,How old did you say you were?? and a few measurements would not hurt anything either. :o

Excuse me,,I see where you said you are 43,,WOW aint that somethin,,Me too.

Edited by KevinN

I was comparing an entire county to maybe Phuket, Pataya or Bangkok not the whole country.

If you want to compare with Bangkok, you need to include the whole state of Florida. Bangkok will still have a larger population than FL.