Tot No Intl. Bandwidth/Business Packages?

RedCardinal

Just spoke to TOT rep on 1100. Rep told me that all TOT packages are only local Internet. When asked if they had premier/business packages he answered no. When asked if they have any package with intl. bandwidth he said no. I cant find anything on their site.

This being Thailand, just wondering if anyone knows if TOT packages have any way decent intl bandwidth, or if TOT offer business packages? Looking at their 8/1MB Power Fit package.

Thanks in advance

Absolutely correct. Most ISPs in Thailand cannot guarantee the international connection speed (it's out of their control) and it usually is VERY slow.

You best bet would be to try CAT or TRUE. They seem to have better connections. I think most businesses are using CAT.

When talking with a TOT service technician about the slow International Internet speed, he said I needed to speak to CAT. As my international TOT connection was through CAT.

Edited by BB1950

Unless you want to get a expensive lease line from TOT, their home plans are all the offer to the best of my knowledge/searching.

Contact JI-NET (aka, JASNET), a TOT concessionaire on TOT line, if you want better international speed. They have a BizConnext plan for TOT lines that gives excellent international bandwidth. They have 2, 3, and 4Mb speeds on TOT lines. Static IP, 10 to 1 contention/user ratio, 3 email addresses, etc. http://www.jasnet.co.th/home/indexget.php?pid=122 Their web site only talks the 2Mb plan; contact their call center regarding the 3Mb and 4Mb plans at 2500 Baht and 2800 Baht, respectively. They respond to emails. Yes, pricey when compared to standard home plans offered by the TOT's, True's, etc. I was with JI-NET for over a year on their 2Mb plan....their reliability was 99.99%...international speed was around 1.7Mb...I'm can only assume their international bandwidth for their 3Mb and 4Mb plans would be close to 3/4Mb also...only switched to a TOT 4Mb plan because it gave me enough international bandwidth (1 to 2Mb) at about one third total cost of the JI-NET plan.