Full Time, Live In Maids In Phuket? Where Are They Hiding?

SuKuQuu

Hello,

I are looking for a live in maid. Found out is not easy to find maid's agents or personal notices in supermarkets in Phuket, like Bangkok has.

I am a Hong Kong girl, newly moved to Phuket looking for a live in maid to take care small dog and house.

Happy to find a Thai preferably, or Burmese if necessary. How much is salary normally for a live in full time maid in Phuket? Bonuses? Travel expenses?

Where can I find them? Have searched a lot through here, and phuket gazette, but to no avail so far...

Not really interested in reading complaints or stories about maids, would prefer to have some real information about where to find, how to apply for a visa for burmese, etc..

Any information at all would be great and extremely helpful!

Thanks a lot!

Ms SuKuQuu

just ask the maid of your neighbor, she will recommend several.

Thats what we did, we interviewed 6 before we found one we liked. The neighbors maid set up all the "interviews"... And Valentine is correct. You need to check on paper work, if they don't have it, its best to take them to get it. We did, and where happy we did, as a couple of times the police came through our neighborhood and arrested/took large bribes from several of the maids that did not have the paper work.

Edited by MyphuketLife

Do it per what Myphuketlife wrote. Difficult to find Thais and Burmese are perfectly OK and probably more reliable about work, just have to bear with the language until you both get in routine. Figure on around 8k baht/month, live in quarters and food. Some pay their maids less (I have seen 6k) and some more (even one at 12k, far too much). Getting papers no real problem but will need some golden grease.

We did, and where happy we did, as a couple of times the police came through our neighborhood and arrested/took large bribes from several of the maids that did not have the paper work.

shame on them!!! THat is terrible. Robbing from the poor!!!!It is amazing how little compassion there is here for the Burmese!

Thats what we did, we interviewed 6 before we found one we liked. The neighbors maid set up all the "interviews"... And Valentine is correct. You need to check on paper work, if they don't have it, its best to take them to get it. We did, and where happy we did, as a couple of times the police came through our neighborhood and arrested/took large bribes from several of the maids that did not have the paper work.

Exactly what we did and it has worked out just perfect. 8K a month is on the money.

Trying to find a Phuket local maid is tough. The locals won't do this type of labor now. Most are from the North or, as others have mentioned from Burma.

You would be surprised how many filipino maids are on the island. More and more, and they can make 10-12k a month plus food, housing and all visa runs. It can run you up to 15-16k+ a month on average. Generally 8-10k for a local or Burmese is about right. Many of those won't live in though (except the Burmese).

I have a quick question that is related to this thread.

As you are, officially, employing a Thai, or foreign worker, can you pay them cash "directly" or do you have to set up a Thai Company in order to employ someone in Thailand? I know most expats will just pay cash directly, but, I would like to know what the 100% legal method is of employing someone in Thailand, on a full time basis, not just to "do a job" like fix your motorbike etc. Eg. a maid.

Edited by NamKangMan

• 4 months later...

I have a quick question that is related to this thread.

As you are, officially, employing a Thai, or foreign worker, can you pay them cash "directly" or do you have to set up a Thai Company in order to employ someone in Thailand? I know most expats will just pay cash directly, but, I would like to know what the 100% legal method is of employing someone in Thailand, on a full time basis, not just to "do a job" like fix your motorbike etc. Eg. a maid.

a thai national does not need to report income/ pay taxes if salary is less than 20.000 baht month/240.000 baht year.

as a employer you are supposed to enroll employees in social security, but very few does. most transfer salary by bank or pay cash. My maid just told me, after working for me1,5 years, she preferes cash salary, as she doesnt loose 20 baht on transfering to her savings account which is in her home province, thus the fee

having a thai company, all employess must be enrolled in social security

I am pretty sure that if you ask any Thai person to help you look for a maid, you'll be swamped with candidates soon enough. No need to go to an agency and pay their commission.

That is so true, BUT i have tried and you can end up with some who dont care and dont even know what to do + believe me all her friends know what is in the house, friends of friends,,, no thanks, not anymore

BTW i need a new, right now i pay around 200 an hour if you see the time she is here.

i find it hard to get a good one, mind you i only need one for around 3 times a week for around 3 hours each time