Its Raining In Pattaya

deejah

know what i mean?

innnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

sssssaaaaaaaaannnnnnnne

knee deep!

its a wonder more cars and bikes dont stall

did i not go out last year or is it getting worse not better?

2nd rd a river

honey

bouy cow

chiapoon

everywhere??????????

gotta get me some wading wear

Edited by deejah

Thats the reason why they didnt sell Alcohol in the last two days. Thai People in there eternal wisdom knew it would not be good for us Farangs to go outside. So they looked for the easiest way to do so and decided that a Bar closing would keep us safe. That it also was a Buddha Holiday was just a coincidence :ph34r:

Thats the reason why they didnt sell Alcohol in the last two days. Thai People in there eternal wisdom knew it would not be good for us Farangs to go outside. So they looked for the easiest way to do so and decided that a Bar closing would keep us safe. That it also was a Buddha Holiday was just a coincidence :ph34r:

Thai people....forethought....consideration for Farangs..........nah!!

I was in Soi Honey on Monday Night having a massage and I was gobsmacked when I came out and saw the floods. Nothing for it but to take off shoes /socks and wade to View Talay 6 beside Central Market. Got up to 2nd road no problem but then as I walked along the footpath on 2nd road I fell into a hole. In true Thai fashion just left there and as water level was well above the footpath no way could I have seen it.Managed to complete journey to View Talay. 2 cuts on right foot one very nasty and overnight foot had swelled.

So up to Int Hopspital on Soi 4 where wounds were dressed. I will be out of commission for approx 2 weeks.

Needless to say I am raging that the cause was the brainless couldn't care less attitude of authorities to footpaths. Nobody no doubt is responisble. God/Buddha put the hole there. When I am back walking I intend calling into City Hall and complaining. I can see the smarmy smile already and the accompamning wai. :realangry:

Unless it is absolutely necessary, I would not walk trough flooded streets. Better have a beer and relax, waiting to the water level gets down. During the rainy season, flooding happens everywhere in SE Asian, it is not really a specific Pattaya problem. Though I wish we would have more rain, considering the water levels at Maprachan!

^ I have to wonder why on earth you took off your shoes, are they worth more than your feet?

No they are not but shoes would have been of little help in the circumstances. I saw several people like myself wading through the floods in bare feet. :huh:

• 1 year later...

I tried searching for the right place to post and I found one place which told the poster to post here if have similar topic. OK got that out the way,

It is amazing that what I thought was a flood in Brisbane and then what I thought was a flood in Pattaya was nothing compared to what is happening in Bangkok.

What all this makes me think of is that maybe the one in Bangkok will not be the biggest we will see either. Does anyone else understand my logic?

Australia was in drought for ages and then flooded, is this happening everywhere or is it just natural cycles?

Edited by JohnBozi

I was in Soi Honey on Monday Night having a massage and I was gobsmacked when I came out and saw the floods. Nothing for it but to take off shoes /socks and wade to View Talay 6 beside Central Market. Got up to 2nd road no problem but then as I walked along the footpath on 2nd road I fell into a hole. In true Thai fashion just left there and as water level was well above the footpath no way could I have seen it.Managed to complete journey to View Talay. 2 cuts on right foot one very nasty and overnight foot had swelled.

So up to Int Hopspital on Soi 4 where wounds were dressed. I will be out of commission for approx 2 weeks.

Needless to say I am raging that the cause was the brainless couldn't care less attitude of authorities to footpaths. Nobody no doubt is responisble. God/Buddha put the hole there. When I am back walking I intend calling into City Hall and complaining. I can see the smarmy smile already and the accompamning wai. :realangry:

Tetanus booster shot up to date?

^ I have to wonder why on earth you took off your shoes, are they worth more than your feet?

No they are not but shoes would have been of little help in the circumstances. I saw several people like myself wading through the floods in bare feet. :huh:

:crazy: