What Is A Fair Amount To Give Your Lady

ttthailand

How much should you give your Thai Lady each month. I spend 50% or more of my time working out of the country. When I am in Thailand I pay for everything, food, rent and everything else. I currently give her 20,000 baht a month. When I am not there she needs to pay her rent and internet,, about 3600 baht. The rest is for her to spend and perhaps give some to mama and papa. Should I give her the same amount when I am in country or just pay for everything and reduce the amount. I know this issue has had to be discussed before but I could not find.

• Like 1

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20,000 a month plus u pay for everything?............shes a lucky lady

Ditto.

But think the OP should mention where she lives, does she work, how MANY of the extended family she keeps etc. :)

She lives in Pattaya. She worked before but not currently. She will however go back to work in a few months, maybe can earn 8,000 to 10,000 per month. She has only her mama, papa and and helps her brother a little sometimes.

If you really loved her, you'd pay her whatever she asked, after all it's just money :ph34r:

Actually, you should just ask her for a number. If she says "nothing." Pay her nothing. Of course, she could be just testing you or afraid she might ask less than what you had in mind or ask too much and scare you off. If she's still around when you get back, she could be a keeper.

Think this will open up a lot of debate. Why doesn't she work now, what was her work, is she ill, is her ' brother ' her brother. Sorry to sound off but here lots of guys who have asked questions cos they are unsure of what they have let themselves in for and many posts open eyes.

Indeed, one could also ask why she/you need to support her parents, how did they support themselves before she worked in Pattaya and you came along, what would her parents do if you were not on the scene?

I would not pay for a girl because i would feel like i would be buying love. I would never be sure if she stayed with me for the money or for me. I could not live with the fact someone would only be with me for the money.

Others might not have a problem with that but i like to be liked because of who i am, how i look and act and not about how much i pay a girl. Also if a girl has her own source of income the relation is much more equal.

There are however exceptions to what i am saying, some guys are retired and want their gf to be with them all the time and then they cant work. I can understand that a bit.

But paying a bar girl to stay with you doesn't sound like a smart option to me

I'm wondering where can I get a set-up like this....

a guy that works in another country...paying me monthly for everything that i need...and i don't even have to see him/deal with him...................and then when he comes back he still pays for everything..and probably more..

I mean, it's really nice of you to pay for so many things.... so since you're willing to do so then just when you come back just pay for whatever she wants and tell her to ask you when she needs money so that way you can get an idea of how much she would like to spend - or just set-up a bank account for her..throw some cash in there..and let her decide on her own.....

20,000 a month plus u pay for everything?............shes a lucky lady

Ditto.

But think the OP should mention where she lives, does she work, how MANY of the extended family she keeps etc. :)

She lives in Pattaya. She worked before but not currently. She will however go back to work in a few months, maybe can earn 8,000 to 10,000 per month. She has only her mama, papa and and helps her brother a little sometimes.

Think this will open up a lot of debate. Why doesn't she work now, what was her work, is she ill, is her ' brother ' her brother. Sorry to sound off but here lots of guys who have asked questions cos they are unsure of what they have let themselves in for and many posts open eyes.

Read the OPs previous thread here,

Somehow I get the impression her demands are probably made using the following vocabulary, up to you, same same my friend, her vocabulary may also includes such classics as ting tong.

Wonder how may others are sending her 20,000 baht per month, she may also indulge in a bit of freelancing when the OP is out the country.

Unbeleivable, no wonder the Thais think we are buffalos.

Easy... you have to look good .. then go work in a bar look for a guy double your age not too handsome who has money. Then tell him you love him and want to stop working in the bar but need money. Some will say no but eventually you will find one with half a brain who says yes.

The way some guys are spending money is what is creating the problems we later see when many pretty girls start demanding it - since they know that there are so many guys out there that will do it...

You should give her everything thing that you can. If that is not enough for her then cut down on beer and other luxuries and consider eating only 30 baht Thai meals without any Western food whatsoever. If you smoke, quit. Take the bus, no taxi's.

If that is still not enough then consider doing overtime or even take a second job. At no point should she be expected to do any work herself, of course.

What Is A Fair Amount To Give Your Lady

Tell her things will be tight for the next 6 months and you can only give her half what you normally do.

Then see if her behaviour changes in any way during that time.

• Like 2

Who says she isnt working.. i mean your money is just extra money. Anyway i would not pay a girl a dime its much better if they have their own income.

That works well if you don't mind being one of many of her man friends.

Maybe the guy is paying for exclusivity?

The way some guys are spending money is what is creating the problems we later see when many pretty girls start demanding it - since they know that there are so many guys out there that will do it...

You guys have lost the plot. Because you all get carried away with the bg thing you don't really understand the question.

Let's say it is your wife... If you leave the country , say to work or long visit to home country, how much would you give you WIFE each month to live on ?

Now ..the second question is, If you are in country how much spending money would you give he each month. ( lets say for now she does not work)

Who says she isnt working.. i mean your money is just extra money. Anyway i would not pay a girl a dime its much better if they have their own income.

That works well if you don't mind being one of many of her man friends.

Maybe the guy is paying for exclusivity?

I was not talking about a girl working in the sex industry. Just a normal girl having income.

You guys have lost the plot. Because you all get carried away with the bg thing you don't really understand the question.

Let's say it is your wife... If you leave the country , say to work or long visit to home country, how much would you give you WIFE each month to live on ?

Now ..the second question is, If you are in country how much spending money would you give he each month. ( lets say for now she does not work)

To answer your first question, nothing my wife was already working.

Second question, nothing, my wife is still working.

Is the wife an invalid unable to work?

Plenty of jobs available, but plenty of farangs willing to pay their wifes to do nothing, up to you as they say.

Easy... you have to look good .. then go work in a bar look for a guy double your age not too handsome who has money. Then tell him you love him and want to stop working in the bar but need money. Some will say no but eventually you will find one with half a brain who says yes.

Now to find a bar that hires farang girls hahaah :P

but seriously...a lot of my Thai girl friends have all their things paid for by their boyfriends and they either A. don't work, or B. have a really low paying job but they have every possible thing they could ever desire (the best phone, clothes, jewelry, tons of cash to go out with...), i'm somewhat jealous actually......and one of my friends he is like 19 and has a 23 yr old girlfriend..he has paid off all her debts from her credit cards (over 200,000 baht)...and pays for everything for her.... i just seriously wanna know what kind of manipulation goes into this lol....

p.s. I would consider myself pretty good-looking and I'm in my mid-twenties so don't think this comment is coming from some old/fat/ugly bitter farang girl - i just don't see how they can do it!!

but seriously...a lot of my Thai girl friends have all their things paid for by their boyfriends and they either A. don't work, or B. have a really low paying job but they have every possible thing they could ever desire (the best phone, clothes, jewelry, tons of cash to go out with...), i'm somewhat jealous actually......and one of my friends he is like 19 and has a 23 yr old girlfriend..he has paid off all her debts from her credit cards (over 200,000 baht)...and pays for everything for her.... i just seriously wanna know what kind of manipulation goes into this lol....

p.s. I would consider myself pretty good-looking and I'm in my mid-twenties so don't think this comment is coming from some old/fat/ugly bitter farang girl - i just don't see how they can do it!!

"Honey - you not give me money then you not lub me", is a commonly used tactic. Incredibly simple yet brutally effective.

Edited by Moonrakers

Some people give to charity and some people don't. Just take it as a charity case where you are helping out a Thai family. Just don't expect anything in return. If it happens then be thankful. If it doesn't happen then move on. You won't have lost anything but money... and you already have enough of that or you wouldn't be giving it away.

Is the OP's lady his girlfriend or his wife?

If wife, then the whole question about how much he gives just stupid.

If she is his girlfriend, then I ask if he also paid his previous girlfriends back where he comes from.

If she is his girlfriend, then I ask if he also paid his previous girlfriends back where he comes from.

So, for all the farang out there with Thai girlfriends none of them should give their girlfriend any money. And how long have you lived in Thailand ? I think that there would be few farang with girlfriends.

I can't think of one of my farang friends who has not , at least in the beginning, provided some kind of support to their girlfriends.

In this case the girl is not currently working so additional funds are required. Lets put another possible spin on the matter and say that perhaps I don't want her to work.

The question still remain the same..What is a fair amount to give your lady...for support when you are out of country and how much when you are here.

So, for all the farang out there with Thai girlfriends none of them should give their girlfriend any money. And how long have you lived in Thailand ? I think that there would be few farang with girlfriends.

I can't think of one of my farang friends who has not , at least in the beginning, provided some kind of support to their girlfriends.

In this case the girl is not currently working so additional funds are required. Lets put another possible spin on the matter and say that perhaps I don't want her to work.

The question still remain the same..What is a fair amount to give your lady...for support when you are out of country and how much when you are here.

I know it is a regular thing here.

I have been here 10+ years.

Totally respect if someone wants to "support" (or sponsor) their GF.

I just find it kind of weird to pay someone.

If I was in same situation, I would rather help out by paying for stuff (rent, electricity, etc) maybe.

Never any cash transfers.

Regarding: ".... how they can do it"

40 kilos & a 32C results may vary