Renting Out My Bike .. Worth It?

sam666

I have a spare JRD Rock 110c Semi Auto Bike that I bought a few years ago new, it gets used maybe 3-4months a year and is good condition. It's just sitting there as we have 2 and my friend didn't come this week, I'd be prepared to rent it out cheaper then any bike rental places. I'm still here for 6 weeks, would it be worth it??? What about contracts for "you break it, you pay for it"??

Are you Hua Hin or Cha am??? The rentals in Cham am are down to 2,500 a month for a new click so you may get 2,000....not really worth it. Most take passport/copy as deposit. Unless you got the original passport, how can you get money from someone if they crash it...its quite common in Cha am for theft and rentals not getting paid for, Thais and Foreigners alike...Unless you really know someone forget it for the small amount you would get.

How much value is 2,000b to you. Does it cover your monthly rent, or is it half your daily budget.

2,000b is nothing. Certainly not worth worrying if your bike is going to be brought back or not.

Or if it's involved in an accident, that they flee, and you are now responsible for.

:whistling: By the time you have raised a company and changed your visa to a business visa and secured a work permit time has flown by and would be time to go home. Oh you are not surely going to do it illegaly? Not another illegal immigrant. Another "farang" running out of money.

JRD is the cheapest bike anyway, not sure anyone would want to rent it.

Edited by alina

• 2 months later...