Championship

ThaiPauly

Roll up, roll up ..place yer bets.

Who do you fancy to go up to the prem next season.?

For me, has to be Reading.

Fantastic second half of the season and have managed to hang on to all our best players.

Can't see Hull or Pompey in their predicaments going back up so I fancy Leicester and Cardiff to join them

Outside chances, Burnley, QPR and Bristol City will be there or thereabouts.

What say you?

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Forest, Hull, QPR

Unfortunately i see another season of false dawns for the mighty Coventry City. However we do have a manager with a proven track record in the Championship and a few slightly above average signings this close season.

post-8817-067884700 1280984595_thumb.jpgIts that time again!!! :D:D

Pauly, how long is a piece of string?

QPR , Leicester , Reading , (please not Donny !!!)

Cardiff possibly,...talking of which, Sheff Utd will play them on Sunday.

I would love to say that I can see my team going up,,,,,but unfortunately I can't.

But

I hope I,m proved wrong.

COME ON YOU BLADES.

Edited by soihok

Flying start from Mr Warnock and boys.

He must be over the moon having put a 4-0 win over his neighbours from Baaarnsli.

I'll be in Pattaya soon and will call on Lek and Charlie on soi 7, being a QPR fan Charlie will be happy with that.

I have tipped them to go up ( QPR that is )

There's only one certain team to go up and that's the Canaries.

Evidence:-

Last year we lost the 1st. match 1-7 and finished with a 9 point lead at the top of the Division.

This year we only lost the 1st. match 2-3 so will finish -------------------------------------------------------------.

Need I say more!!

O.T.B.C.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Not a bad opening weekend then really. No real shocks apart from perhaps Bristol City getting hammered.

Portsmouth were apparently very poor and only had a 15 man-squad at Coventry! I know it's only early days but

lets have some predictions through the season. Perhaps we can get a real Championship thread going?

Does anybody know a bar in BKK that will show the Derby v Coventry match on August 21st? It's live on SKY back in the UK

and i was wondering if any bars show those games? Any help would be greatly received.

Thanks guys and here's to a good season, whoever your team - unless it's Leicester!!

The Clarets of course, went to Singapore to see them Pre season and liked the look of the signing and that Laws now seems to have good vibes with the squad (loads of pictures and videos if you want to see them pm me and I will send you the link).

I like Warnock so QPR and maybe Ipswich but a better idea after we visit them this weekend.

about seeing games, i asked the football league who had the transmission rights and they say it is True visions but as far as i have seen they rarely figure. i don't know if that will change with King Power taking over the foxes?unsure.gif

Kevin Blackwell has departed as the manager of Sheffield United......about one and a half years too late.

A shocking performance by United was witnessed ( and listened to by me ) during the 0-3 loss to Neil Warnocks QPR.

I bet Neil laughed his cock off after that.

The booing was overwhelming at the end of the first half of the game, I lost interest and went to bed before the game finished ( not exactly inspiring to listen to dreadful account of the game on the internet, with booing resonating around the ground ).

So I am surprised that he was asked to go so soon into the season after building a team over the summer. At least the club have a chance to move on and there is a long way to go. Interest from a Malaysian investor (who was reported to have been at the game) may have spurned such a quick turn of events as its obviously not seen as a good investment to watch a sh*te display like that.

Unless Kevin McCabe has someone up his sleeve Gary Speed will be expected to fill the role of manager.

Kevin Blackwell ran out of ideas last year.

Up The Blades.

post-8817-083831200 1281834681_thumb.jpg

Come on the silly season is over All of those Budgies who must have been drinking Chang think they can go up DREAM ON.

The team with the money must stand a good chance QPR

We have no money at Portman Road so maybe next year

Come on the silly season is over All of those Budgies who must have been drinking Chang think they can go up DREAM ON.

Agree binnsy I think bartender100 has been drinking too much instead of serving ! It's early days and for once the three relegated teams don't look too strong, Burnley probably having the best chance. Depending on what happens before the transfer window ends and with a fairly good start so far I think the "Tractor Boys" could be there or thereabouts, but definitely not the Budgies !

Gary Speed announced ( later today ) as the new manager of Sheffield United.

This will be his first test as a manager and all United fans will be nervously waiting the outcome of the work he will produce at the club.

Boro away on Sunday will be his first game in charge.

Edited by soihok

First leg Sunday 28th November live 1.15pm on the BBC, so we might get it here. Don't think Keano will be your manager by then

First leg Sunday 28th November live 1.15pm on the BBC, so we might get it here. Don't think Keano will be your manager by then

Keep me posted if you are aware of a bar thats showing it i will be there.I live in the jungle but don't mind a trip to Bangkok/Pattaya to empty me sack:whistling:

The Clarets of course, went to Singapore to see them Pre season and liked the look of the signing and that Laws now seems to have good vibes with the squad (loads of pictures and videos if you want to see them pm me and I will send you the link).

I like Warnock so QPR and maybe Ipswich but a better idea after we visit them this weekend.

about seeing games, i asked the football league who had the transmission rights and they say it is True visions but as far as i have seen they rarely figure. i don't know if that will change with King Power taking over the foxes?unsure.gif

a couple of weeks in and i still rate QPR but the big move is Bellamy to Cardiff, puts them right up there i think.

heaven forbid the welsh get to the premiershiprolleyes.gif

• 7 months later...

It's all very tight at the top now, apart from QPR having a 10 point lead.

Reading after 7 wins in a row are now just 3 points behind Cardiff, with a superior G/D and 5 games to play.

I never thought in my wildest dreams that Reading would be challenging for automatic 2 months ago...we were 15 points off second.

Cardiff play 3 out of 5 at home, they are in poll position and it realy is their's to loose now, their only potential banana skin is QPR at home.

But as I never thought we would even make the play-offs two months ago, and it looks like all bar an absolute disaster we will, I would settle for doing a "Blackpool" and going up through the play-offs...but I'd rarther not have to take the chance :ermm:

Cardiff starting to put some results together at the right time, Swansea seemingly going backwards, Reading getting it together at the right time too, Forest not pushing on as i thought they would, Norwich not taking the Bull by the Horns either..

Gonna go pretty much to the wire as it normally does..

Cardiff starting to put some results together at the right time, Swansea seemingly going backwards, Reading getting it together at the right time too, Forest not pushing on as i thought they would, Norwich not taking the Bull by the Horns either..

I would have thought that Singher would have been more interested in who's staying down :lol::D

I would have thought that Singher would have been more interested in who's staying down :lol::D

T*ttingham Fan in humourous joke shock horror..