I Bought A New Tiger Boxer 250Rs

CMX

I cant even understand that you started compere HD to Tiger??? is that they way you see bikes Richard then just stay with tiger

I currently not have a Tiger, would be a bit weird anyway. But I due have a Harley and I know from a fact that most parts are made in China and the engine, and most of the bike is assembled in Japan. And I'm sure that most Harley riders including me have perfect weekend trips, and never have any problems – as me, but on the other hand I also know of many Tiger Boxer 250 RS riders who never had serious problems with the bike.

Anyway the comparison between Tiger vs Harley was inspired by you avatar which show that you're a Harley rider. And I always learned compare things with other things that people already know.

Hi

I also have a DRZ400 and a yamaha, and i will never have a tiger, i dont mind to pay a bit more and dont have to think about next breakdown, and you should know that the EVO and TC dont have many problems, everything comes down to showelhead that bike was bad, I dont really care where the parts are made, as long as i like the bike, but if tiger is so good where are they?? and police drive them, sure, maybe a gift from Tiger or because its a very cheap bike and they get the repair for free

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I cant even understand that you started compere HD to Tiger??? is that they way you see bikes Richard then just stay with tiger

I currently not have a Tiger, would be a bit weird anyway. But I due have a Harley and I know from a fact that most parts are made in China and the engine, and most of the bike is assembled in Japan. And I'm sure that most Harley riders including me have perfect weekend trips, and never have any problems – as me, but on the other hand I also know of many Tiger Boxer 250 RS riders who never had serious problems with the bike.

Anyway the comparison between Tiger vs Harley was inspired by you avatar which show that you're a Harley rider. And I always learned compare things with other things that people already know.

Hi

I also have a DRZ400 and a yamaha, and i will never have a tiger, i dont mind to pay a bit more and dont have to think about next breakdown, and you should know that the EVO and TC dont have many problems, everything comes down to showelhead that bike was bad, I dont really care where the parts are made, as long as i like the bike, but if tiger is so good where are they?? and police drive them, sure, maybe a gift from Tiger or because its a very cheap bike and they get the repair for free

about 100000 police boxers are around, they are paid for( a bit reduced though) ...the Police Boxers service is taken care for by the Police(thus why the reduced price)...

Tiger is a small company so don't expect their Bikes all over ....the boxer is a great 232 cc allround Bike and the retro & retro with sidecar are surely eyecatching and funky little bikes....if you never have a Tiger Bike in future is really up to you, i know i am getting one now...and look forward to it.

Tiger/Sachs Club - Mbox

I am not sure if the very cheapest but very low in price is the Tiger Retro C 110...price is 29800 thb and here you have it showing(scroll down): http://www.tigersachsclub.com/tproducts.html

It looks very much like the Honda Cub but is actually a 4 stroker and it is not ugly at all....thats why i am getting one too :rolleyes:

happy trails,

Tiger/Sachs Club - Mbox

Hello Mbox, I really like the look of the Retro and from owners they seem to like it. Like I said it looks cool and well, the price is nice too. Be fun having one around the house, not as a main bike but just to have. Anyway, does anyone ever purchase a Retro and remove all stickers and exchange the seat to a Honda seat?

I believe the HONDA is stamped the back of the seat. Then it would look like a prefect restored Honda. Just an idea.

Thanks

Edited by sendbaht

Hi sendbaht...actually i should be getting my retro next week. We have one member at Tiger Sachs Forum he removed stickers added whitewall tires it looks really great .

The Honda seat is not a problem a friend who also has a retro had this added .

here the picture of the retro without stickers and whitewalls:

post-103819-098748000 1281005222_thumb.j

Sorry to get back on topic.

If a salesman handed me a motorcycle that had a bad vibration from the engine I would tell him to load it back into his pick-up.

An engine oil change is not gonna alter that mistake.

The Tiger fans brow beat the OP till he turned around & said all the faults were addressed.

I was 100% of the same mind as LivinLOS. Paper over the faults was my impression exactly.

It is not my job to refer you to a mechanic. I know 5 or 10 of them - who work on supersport bikes.

You beat the pavement like I did till you find them.

Richard - your bike is a Ducati - I can tell you where the dealer is - Thonglor.

"It is not my job to refer you to a mechanic. I know 5 or 10 of them - who work on supersport bikes."

Puffy.... The Tiger is not a supersports bike. Not sharing where the mechanics are is a bit childish though. (are we including Yamaha, Kawasaki,BMW,Triumph and Ducati big bike shops in your list of 5-10 mechanics)

Also the Tiger NOT being a supersport bike means that pretty much any reasonable bike shop in Thailand can work on it.

As for papering over the faults, no i don't think so. I haven't spoken to CMX myself but as he ordered it through Mbox i know he has.

CMX can you confirm or deny that every thing on your bike is now sorted/fixed and that you are happy with it.

No one is saying that Tiger are up there with the big 4. But Tiger offer something that the big 4 do not at a reasonable price and quality and are willing to sort out any problems (as i said before, there is a need for better QC at Tiger)

Some of you will NEVER buy one, some will never try one. But others will and be happy.

For myself they do not have a bike just yet that i would buy BUT i would not discount them out of hand. :thumbsup:

If a salesman handed me a motorcycle that had a bad vibration from the engine I would tell him to load it back into his pick-up.

The Tiger fans brow beat the OP till he turned around & said all the faults were addressed.

I was 100% of the same mind as LivinLOS. Paper over the faults was my impression exactly.

It is not my job to refer you to a mechanic. I know 5 or 10 of them - who work on supersport bikes.

Richard - your bike is a Ducati - I can tell you where the dealer is - Thonglor.

mechanics:

well i found them...just thought you might know one that actually works in a dealership....those i know of are likely having their own business.

who did paper over faults??? i think it was clearly stated by OP and mentioned again later by me and others. Did you not read the thread???

Btw the bike went back to factory and came back fixed , even the vibrations. also mentioned earlier on this thread!

Not sure what you're on about ...simply reading the thread would have given you all the answer already.

FYI: The OP actually contacted me just a few hours ago as he was surprised/disappointed for why people started bashing on Thaivisa over Tiger Motors -he only wanted to tell his story but it turned into something else....sooo i guess it is ,once again, better to discuss bike matters on gt-rider, tiger/sachs forum ...

Tiger/Sachs Club - Mbox

Benjie... Agreed... But here in Thailand sometimes bikes are delivered with faults. Maybe slight faults due to poor pre-set up.

I remember a thread detailing Kawasakis being handed over with chains to tight and tyre pressures to low, both potentially very dangerous. And no one was crucifing Kawasaki. Also the Honda PCX had to have a service recall for a transmission fault.

As for the OP's bike i would suggest in the nicest way that he does not know a huge amount about the workings of a bike. AND he does not need to.

From my reading of the thread poor pre-setup were the main cause of CMX's problems. Surmising (which i know is bad) maybe the factory thought the bike shop would do pre-setup and vice versa. It seems possible to me. (But i still think that Tigers QC procedures need strengthing )

Any way the bike is sorted and the OWNER is HAPPY.

Edited by thaicbr

I'd expect a bike I bought brand new to come without any faults whatsoever, I do not think that is asking too much.

Remember it was probably sent thai post. People (not just THAIS) cannot help fiddling and mayby they fiddled with the carby or something. Itshould probably have been checked at the store here it was delivered to but it all worked out in the end aparently.

Edited by harrry

Harrrry... I hadn't thought of that. It was sent by Thai post. Mbox make a suggestion to Pariya that next time they send a bike the keys and mirrors,screen etc are sent seperatly in a box. You only gotta look at Tony's (bigbikebkk) new/old Er6 after it was sent Thaipost to see what is possible. :blink:

Actually it was sent by thai post...and the breakable things(windshield, mirrors) and also the keys were seperately packed. The keys were simply forgotten at the postoffice in CM to be taken with ( they were in CM along with the bike but different pack)...it is safe to say that things went not as they were meant...however, the shortcomings have been fixed.

Tiger/Sachs Club - Mbox

Yes, I ride a Ducati, less than I would like, and apparently this year would be a bad riding year for me. The Duc has less then 3,000 kilometers on the clock and I can see a replacement on the horizon within a few months. And I can say that in five months will be available as a good secondhand. So if you PM me with a good offer - you can be the owner of a hardly used 1198S. You get a extra set of additional BST-7 Mamba carbon wheels with a fresh set of Diablo Supercorsa SP tires which I just received (still packed in original packing and stored in our warehouse).

The carbon wheels with the tires cost nearly the same amount as the cheapest big bike sportsbike wannabe. As the wheels are unused they need to be balanced, and I'm willing to do this if you prefer them over the standard wheels. Officially, I had the idea to wear-out the original tires on the original wheel and than switching to a complete new set.

For questions and reverence to Ducati you can follow the following coordinations http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=13.737551,100.583914 If you need any additional information about my motorcycle I'm willing to provide it by PM.

"The Tiger fans brow beat the OP till he turned around & said all the faults were addressed."

Sheesh! OP here - please see post 71!!! It has pretty pictures!

Powder and others:::::::::::::

Forgive me, as OP, for suggesting another interpretation. What happened is that after the bike was returned, there was little vibration (I don't think that the new handlebars that I added did much, but what little shake I feel now has been corrected to the point I can use my GPS for speedometer testing without a hint of a wiggle).

Also, Neutral became far easier to find, within parameters to which I'm accustomed. (Admittedly my experience is limited to only owning, earlier, five clutch and geared bikes - all second hand.) Course, I've ridden some others, but none new.

I added a seat that fits me better than standard ones (I have wide seat bones, let us say), and now I am happy with the bike as it stands. It is true that I have been delayed and that in my view a careful final QC check is important for Tiger in the future. I have paid attention, however, to the idea that Thai purchasers might not be as demanding.

It is also true that the bike appears to be exactly what I wanted for my use at a price I consider a great bargain. (I can find no complaints on any thread about durability of the bike.) Incidentally, the price was not as enticing for me as the fact that the Boxer is more of a bike for cruising, and yet offers all the power I want in a land without a network of limited access highways. My interest in the bike was first kindled by the following paragraph from Motorcycle Thailand:

The Tiger Boxer 250 RS all-rounder. Now there's a whiskey-washy term. Giving motorcycles labels - sportbike, tourer, cruiser - gives us a mental picture of what we're getting. But the 'all-rounder' badge often suggest a bland compromise that's neither nowt nor summat.

If my manner has appeared conciliatory, it was that some contributors (not Tiger fans) seemed more intent upon argument than the facts - as I saw them - attacking my person rather than my report by presenting opposing experiences or clarifying facts (not opinions). Again, please refer to my present summary conclusions above, which were in no way influenced by others. Post #71

Oh, and the oil change remark I made was not meant to indicate that changing oil was all they did. I was wondering if they might have made other improvements as part of the vibration solution. I should have been clear, sorry.

Edited by CMX