Tired Of Thailand

pmgthailand

I now live in Bali where I intend to stay and start all over again.

If you don't mind me asking, how does one stay in Bali beyond the 30-day visa-on-arrival?

Its not hard to get your kitas 1 year paper.. Local lawyers can do it for <1000 usd per year.

You can also get a tourist visa and extend it up to 6 months IIRC.

Dear pmgthailand, it saddens me to read how most of the expats living in Phuket are replying to your post with sarcasm and ignorance.

I left Phuket after living there for 2 and half year and I will only go back the day I sign the deeds of the sale of my apartment.

If for most of the expats it is the cheap food, the cheap sex, the cheap standard of living that make Thailand such a fantastic place to live, well, good luck to them. I certainly would't want to invite any of them to my dinner parties!!

oh.. I forgot to mention "culture". Anytime I asked an ex pat to give me expamples of thai culture no reply has ever been forthcoming. Just a big blank..

I once met an expat who was proud to be able to live on 80-100 baht a day (without the booze). "I could never do this back in my country" he said. I suppose that was one of the main reasons for staying put in the land of smiles.

I am a tough cookie and I do not find thai men particularly attractive, so I can say that I have never been deceived into parting with my money even though I had a biz in Patong. But it was the continous little rip-offs that got me in the end.

I know at least 4 adult foreigners who have cried to me... desperate to sell their business and leave thiland behind and for good.

I have had many very bad experiences during my staying in Phuket.. the final straw being me being attacked by a katoi because he said I was too beautiful and I was going to take the customers away from him. He mistook me for a russian prostitute.

I now live in Bali where I intend to stay and start all over again. The interaction with the balinese people is fantastic. None of the expats who replied to your post mentioned Bali as alternative... perhaps you should give it a shot. Come over for a short holiday and see it for your self.

Leave Thailand and if, like me you are not ready to go back to your home country, come visit Bali.

An interesting post. A few things caught my attention. "I can say that I have never been deceived into parting with my money - but it was the continuous little rip-offs that got me in the end." Is a "rip-off" not parting you from your money????

"The interaction with the Balinese people is fantastic." Ummm, I wonder would reaction you would get if you said this to the families of the 202 people that were killed in the bombings? (Yes, I know the bombers were not Balinese, but they were from the same country. It is a strict Islamic natiuon.)

I'm not having a go at you. I think it's possible the day will come where I feel the same as you did and move. I'm thinking more Vietnam, than Indonesia. (it's currently everything Thailand used to be - before they got greedy and so corrupt)

You are right, there is no Thai culture in Phuket. Phuket is just a big party island with a big underworld criminal element. At the moment, I like it here, but, as I have said in earlier posts, ask me in 5 years and the answer may be different. I don't blame the OP for his self assessment, and final decision. It's a decision we may all be faced with one day.

Too late, I already am one of those bitter (not so old) expats. I find it just too difficult to adjust and don't really want to give up my beliefs and traditions just to live somewhere warm. To me now, the climate is the only reason for living here.

Bitter expat!!!

Maybe someone can remind me why it is so nice to live here???

Nope. Time for you to leave I think. Otherwise you might turn into one of those bitter old expats we hear so much about.

I have rarely had a problem here for the almost 6 years I've been here. Although I've had a few and learned from them. Where do you live? Owning a business here is something I wouldn't attempt. I get a headache even thinking about it. I do drive here, I have both a car and motorbikes. Thai drivers let me in when I signal unlike the USA where someone sees your signal and closes the gap so you can't get in. I get annoyed at many drivers everywhere at times, but I don't drive a lot or I just go around on my motorbike close to home. Since I have been in the same neighborhood for years, I know most of the shop owners and they are always very friendly and polite to me. If my GF goes without me, they ask where I am. I don't go out to bars, so no problems there either... But I can understand that some people wouldn't like it here. I still have a home in California and it's a nice area too, so if I want a change I go there for a few months a year. Travel around until you find a place you like. There's always some drawback to where ever you live, it seems to me. Good luck!

An interesting post. A few things caught my attention. "I can say that I have never been deceived into parting with my money - but it was the continuous little rip-offs that got me in the end." Is a "rip-off" not parting you from your money????

Deceiving someone and ripping someone off are two different things.

"The interaction with the Balinese people is fantastic." Ummm, I wonder would reaction you would get if you said this to the families of the 202 people that were killed in the bombings? (Yes, I know the bombers were not Balinese, but they were from the same country. It is a strict Islamic natiuon.)

I must admit I don't know any member of the families of the people killed in both bombings.

Nevertheless, I share a villa with a lady who lived in phuket for 3 years and also happens to be a very good friend of the mother whose son was executed in Phuket in Feb last year.

She will be back later today as she has gone to work in case you wish to discuss with her about this poor woman's reaction and the problems she had to face with the thai legal system.

The culprits of the bombings have been caught and executed.

And the canadian man's killer????

Perhaps like me he was in the wrong part of thailand dealing with the wrong type of thais.

I'm not having a go at you. I think it's possible the day will come where I feel the same as you did and move. I'm thinking more Vietnam, than Indonesia. (it's currently everything Thailand used to be - before they got greedy and so corrupt)

You are right, there is no Thai culture in Phuket. Phuket is just a big party island with a big underworld criminal element. At the moment, I like it here, but, as I have said in earlier posts, ask me in 5 years and the answer may be different. I don't blame the OP for his self assessment, and final decision. It's a decision we may all be faced with one day.

Yes shocked at how cheap that second hand beemer or range rover is.. Shocked at how cheap name brand items can be bought..

Really if you want a nice lifestyle here it aint that much cheaper.. plus its so much easier to make money there.

But thats been done to death in other threads.

You can buy a second hand luxury car over 10 years old in perfect condition where i come from very cheaply.

No one wants them except automotive technicians who know how to fix them cheaply or people trying to

impress other people, they are far to expensive to maintain and insure.

Name/Designer brand clothes are at least 10 times the cost, unless on sale, of copies you can buy anywhere

in Asia and the copies are just as good if not better quality sometimes, they are available anywhere you travel

People who have lived here for a while will get a shock at the increase in cost of everyday items in there home

country's, i return at least once a year and the increase in costs never ceases to amaze me.

I do not need to make money here so that is irrelevant in my situation and with many others to.

Its not hard to get your kitas 1 year paper.. Local lawyers can do it for <1000 usd per year.

You can also get a tourist visa and extend it up to 6 months IIRC.

Check www.balimode-biz.com

It is the best place in Bali to arrange visa, work permits etc

You can buy a second hand luxury car over 10 years old in perfect condition where i come from very cheaply.

No one wants them except automotive technicians who know how to fix them cheaply or people trying to

impress other people, they are far to expensive to maintain and insure

Far to expensive to insure ?? I can buy a beemer outright in the west for not much more than the cost of insuring one here !!

Name/Designer brand clothes are at least 10 times the cost, unless on sale, of copies you can buy anywhere

in Asia and the copies are just as good if not better quality sometimes, they are available anywhere you travel

If you think the Thai market copies are 'equal or better' quality to western brand name gear, your delusional.. Secondly with the import of clothing to the UK, with non stop sales on as they compete (remember that lowering prices when they have less customers) and brand stores fighting for your dollar. Clothing especially is not expensive in the west, not for what you get. Plus it fits and lasts.

When we went back for 3 months I expected to be finding so many things painfully expensive after a decade away. How wrong I was, we were getting loads of good clothing and the fact is, it still looks new after much use and wear. My wifes favourite stuff, that looks and wears well, most of it comes from that shopping. Those 'thai market knock offs' if you can even find stuff in man sizes, end up as car cleaners after a bunch of washes.

People who have lived here for a while will get a shock at the increase in cost of everyday items in there home

country's, i return at least once a year and the increase in costs never ceases to amaze me.

Well I spent 3 months last summer.. funded a UK based startup.. Will probably want to do another few months next year.. And as I say I was shocked at how relative things were. Not a bowl of rice, but anything of any quality. Plus I am continually having to resort to importing stuff to get good items, so then I pay the euro price, plus shipping, plus customs.. Like the guy who posted spending 15k on a coffee grinder here as theres no alternative options.

I do not need to make money here so that is irrelevant in my situation and with many others to.

Well if your complaining about cost, I assumed cost was an issue.. If its not whats they problem?

But I find it just comical when every year I live in the west I make more than I spend, often many multples, while every year I live in asia I only spend it. So which is more 'expensive' the one where I am a net positive or the one where I am a net negative.

Thai food blows Balinese food out of the water, so I'd say that's one massive difference.

That is, if you enjoy eating.........Nasi Goreng again!!!! I'm going to hurl.

Those padung padung cafes are great tho.. Lots more to balinese than nasi goreng.

I agree Thai is probably more diverse. Food here is a big appeal and if you have a Thai partner, they need their food to be happy.

Well if your complaining about cost, I assumed cost was an issue.. If its not whats they problem?

But I find it just comical when every year I live in the west I make more than I spend, often many multples, while every year I live in asia I only spend it. So which is more 'expensive' the one where I am a net positive or the one where I am a net negative.

Having popped back to the UK last month I was shocked at the inflation there in the last 24 months. On a similar wage (or less) to the UK in my experience it is much easier to save money and endulge here than in the UK where most money goes on bills and taxes. This is one of the main reasons I live here in Phuket and wouldnt want to return 'home' in the near future.

My new car will also hold its value much better here unlike the immediate 30-40% depreciation I would have encountered from an english showroom.

After spending years inThailand I came to realise that the smile that everybody so innocently falls for, it is not a natural, genuine expression, but a permanent fixed rictus.

..... and it seems to work everytime!!!

Have you compared this to the miserable fixed rictus that you get from people in, say, the UK ?

After spending years inThailand I came to realise that the smile that everybody so innocently falls for, it is not a natural, genuine expression, but a permanent fixed rictus.

..... and it seems to work everytime!!!

Have you compared this to the miserable fixed rictus that you get from people in, say, the UK ?

I guess it depends where people live.. My mum is on the Devon coast, people are cheery and friendly, the scenery is clean and stunning, theres no piles of refuse and plastic bags dumped around.. It doesnt have the climate but so many points people complain about just dont exist there.

I guess it depends where people live.. My mum is on the Devon coast, people are cheery and friendly, the scenery is clean and stunning, theres no piles of refuse and plastic bags dumped around.. It doesnt have the climate but so many points people complain about just dont exist there.

I agree in small towns throughout devon, cornwall, and in the north of the UK people do tend to be cheerful and friendly its not the norm though. I could go into any of the local shops of which I would visit regularly in the city that I am from in the UK and would never get a smile or any sort of recognition. It's completely the opposite here, nearly everyone in the area I live in Phuket knows my name and as far as I know I am always greeted by a genuine smile (unless they are just permanently laughing at me). The local kids here play in my pool which makes a refreshing change from them stealing the wheels off my car in the UK.

From my experience there is definitely a better community feel here and another reason I like Phuket. I come from the city though so maybe biased?

Like I said, I grew up in a small town in Canada called Niagara on the Lake and it was like something from a Norman Rockwell picture or Hardy Boys novel. Then I moved back to my home country of Scotland and lived in a small seaside community called Largs, again very picturesque and quaint, boring sometimes but a nice place to live. I have never lived in a big city and don't really care for them much. My brother lives in uptown Toronto and loves it. Phuket has that big city feel to me. Rude and impersonal. Don't get me wrong, the local shopkeepers that I use on a regular basis and I try to use them as much as I can since a new 7/11 opened up last week, are nice and friendly, so is the laundry where I have my clothes cleaned. The scourge of small shops in Thailand, 7/11's, do you really need a convenience shop every 100 mtetres and they are always filthy with piles of trash.( but that's for another topic ) But the general attitude here feels to me like a big city, me me me, rude and impersonal. So I think that coming from a big city to here is not as much of a shock as it is to come from a small community to live in Phuket. It is just too busy here for me; Everywhere, shopping, banking trying to go to the post office, immigration etc. I just might try Bali like th OP suggested. There are some very bad places in the UK but I just don't choose to live there.

I agree in small towns throughout devon, cornwall, and in the north of the UK people do tend to be cheerful and friendly its not the norm though. I could go into any of the local shops of which I would visit regularly in the city that I am from in the UK and would never get a smile or any sort of recognition. It's completely the opposite here, nearly everyone in the area I live in Phuket knows my name and as far as I know I am always greeted by a genuine smile (unless they are just permanently laughing at me). The local kids here play in my pool which makes a refreshing change from them stealing the wheels off my car in the UK.

From my experience there is definitely a better community feel here and another reason I like Phuket. I come from the city though so maybe biased?

Edited by pmgthailand

pmgthailand wrote:

There is no consideration for other people whatsoever, when shopping, paying at the tills for something and especially driving. I witness almost on a daily basis inconsiderate driving. When you are trying to leave a parking lot and no one is going anywhere fast you will not be let in to the line, ever! The cars will bunch up bumper to bumper so that no one can get in to line even if you are going nowhere. This amazes me, back in the UK you would be let in, if not by the person in front then the next. This does not exist in Thailand, only in rare cases and it is usually a farang who lets you in.

Agree 100% about the driving. I consider us Thais pretty friendly face to face, but put us behind the wheel of a car and we turn into hardnosed, rude devils. I think it's due to the history and culture of the country. Cars came to Thailand in a big way later than in the West. And in Thailand status is all important. The only people who had cars for many decades were the rich, and they just assumed that they were above everyone else, and that they could drive however they like. In western countries, people at all levels of society had cars early on, so there wasn't so much of the feeling that if you own a car you are better than everyone else, and can be as rude as you like.

That behaviour of acting like rude arrogant pigs when behind the wheel of a car has hardly changed in Thailand, since the days when the only people who had cars were rude arrogant pigs, whom the hoi-polloi were commanded to look up to.

Probably the single thing that irritates me most about Thai driving is the observation pmg makes: Thai drivers are simply incapable of letting someone in to a line or a lane, as if to do so will kill them. In most countries in the West, people just don't have this mentality, and it feels like a pleasant dream to drive there.

However on other matters, I appreciate the smiling faces on most employees doing menial jobs. There are plenty of countries where that is as rare as a Thai driver showing generosity to others.

• Like 2

pmgthailand wrote:

There is no consideration for other people whatsoever, when shopping, paying at the tills for something and especially driving. I witness almost on a daily basis inconsiderate driving. When you are trying to leave a parking lot and no one is going anywhere fast you will not be let in to the line, ever! The cars will bunch up bumper to bumper so that no one can get in to line even if you are going nowhere. This amazes me, back in the UK you would be let in, if not by the person in front then the next. This does not exist in Thailand, only in rare cases and it is usually a farang who lets you in.

Agree 100% about the driving. I consider us Thais pretty friendly face to face, but put us behind the wheel of a car and we turn into hardnosed, rude devils. I think it's due to the history and culture of the country. Cars came to Thailand in a big way later than in the West. And in Thailand status is all important. The only people who had cars for many decades were the rich, and they just assumed that they were above everyone else, and that they could drive however they like. In western countries, people at all levels of society had cars early on, so there wasn't so much of the feeling that if you own a car you are better than everyone else, and can be as rude as you like.

That behaviour of acting like rude arrogant pigs when behind the wheel of a car has hardly changed in Thailand, since the days when the only people who had cars were rude arrogant pigs, whom the hoi-polloi were commanded to look up to.

Probably the single thing that irritates me most about Thai driving is the observation pmg makes: Thai drivers are simply incapable of letting someone in to a line or a lane, as if to do so will kill them. In most countries in the West, people just don't have this mentality, and it feels like a pleasant dream to drive there.

However on other matters, I appreciate the smiling faces on most employees doing menial jobs. There are plenty of countries where that is as rare as a Thai driver showing generosity to others.

The Western problem of un-smiling, difficult employees happens more here with those that consider themselves 'a cut above'. Banks, government offices etc.

Obviously not all, but certainly at my local bank I know the one who will not only be unfriendly - but difficult if she possibly can.....

p.s. Yes, I understand the OP. We arrive thinking its paradise and learn pretty quickly its not what we originally thought. Even so, as long as we become 'street-wise' (and understand that smiles when money is to be made is for that reason), its a good place to live.

Edited by F1fanatic

No surprise to see a huge 100+ post thread when someone says "I don't like it here". Some considered answers, some of the usual bozos who say "leave". Leaving is not so easy, you have to find a new job, have to research where to go... Like some on this thread I have been here a while. Living 10 years in Phuket, married, kids, bought a house, drive every day - traffic is not a "nightmare" .. can be annoying sometimes, I try to let the idiots just get on their way, but I don't think driving here is worse than England, and I don't even want to think about the couple of times I drove in Italy!

Is Phuket a perfect world? No! But the bits I don't like, which basically means "Patong", I avoid. I go to Patong only if it's necessary. Patong is not Phuket, just as Phuket is not typical of Thailand. I just feel like raising an issue with a point that gets raised a couple of times on this thread, someone said:

You are right, there is no Thai culture in Phuket. Phuket is just a big party island with a big underworld criminal element.

That is not correct, sorry. Well, maybe there are dodgy geezers, but saying Phuket has no culture? Took me some years to find it too. I don't post on TV very often, not au fait with all the rules, guess I cannot post links here, so I won't but you may see from my username. I write a blog about Phuket and many of the posts relate to local life and culture. In recent months for example, the Baba weddings, the local Kathu festival, the Thalang Heroines festival, the butterfly release at Khao Phra Taew national forest, trips to Koh Yao Noi and Koh Panyee and local seafood restaurants and lets not forget the vegetarian festival and the old town festival, the restoration of the old town and Phuket FC getting to the playoffs hoping to get promoted to Thai Division 1!

Its no surprise that I see people saying there is no culture because when I go to local festivals I only see a handful of foreigners. Oh the culture and the history is right there alright.

Personally, I like it here, admit that its not perfect, but would I want to go back to my home country (UK)? Nope. If someone gets to the point that they hate it here, and can't get out of that mindset, it probably is time to consider other options.

Or try exploring Phuket and the local area. Within a few hours drive you have some amazing places, within a few hours flight you have half of Asia. Not such a bad place to be really.

No surprise to see a huge 100+ post thread when someone says "I don't like it here". Some considered answers, some of the usual bozos who say "leave". Leaving is not so easy, you have to find a new job, have to research where to go... Like some on this thread I have been here a while. Living 10 years in Phuket, married, kids, bought a house, drive every day - traffic is not a "nightmare" .. can be annoying sometimes, I try to let the idiots just get on their way, but I don't think driving here is worse than England, and I don't even want to think about the couple of times I drove in Italy!

Is Phuket a perfect world? No! But the bits I don't like, which basically means "Patong", I avoid. I go to Patong only if it's necessary. Patong is not Phuket, just as Phuket is not typical of Thailand. I just feel like raising an issue with a point that gets raised a couple of times on this thread, someone said:

You are right, there is no Thai culture in Phuket. Phuket is just a big party island with a big underworld criminal element.

That is not correct, sorry. Well, maybe there are dodgy geezers, but saying Phuket has no culture? Took me some years to find it too. I don't post on TV very often, not au fait with all the rules, guess I cannot post links here, so I won't but you may see from my username. I write a blog about Phuket and many of the posts relate to local life and culture. In recent months for example, the Baba weddings, the local Kathu festival, the Thalang Heroines festival, the butterfly release at Khao Phra Taew national forest, trips to Koh Yao Noi and Koh Panyee and local seafood restaurants and lets not forget the vegetarian festival and the old town festival, the restoration of the old town and Phuket FC getting to the playoffs hoping to get promoted to Thai Division 1!

Its no surprise that I see people saying there is no culture because when I go to local festivals I only see a handful of foreigners. Oh the culture and the history is right there alright.

Personally, I like it here, admit that its not perfect, but would I want to go back to my home country (UK)? Nope. If someone gets to the point that they hate it here, and can't get out of that mindset, it probably is time to consider other options.

Or try exploring Phuket and the local area. Within a few hours drive you have some amazing places, within a few hours flight you have half of Asia. Not such a bad place to be really.

I think you have contradicted yourself.

You said, "Patong is not Phuket, just as Phuket is not typically Thailand."

Well, last time I looked on a map, Patong was on Phuket, and Phuket was in Thailand - so, if there is a lot of culture on Phuket, why do you avoid Patong? It's still in Thailand and controlled by Thai's.

Can you honestly say there in no crime, corruption and violence on Phuket? If so, you have to be "taking the piss."

Thai culture is in the north of Thailand - the south is just a big party for tourist, and starry eyed farang business owners, to part them from their money. Eg - you mentioned you "bought a house" - NO - you are leasing the land your house sits on. No one knows what will happen when all these 30 year leases are up as "the option for another 30 years" does not, officially, exist in Thai law.

Sure, there are small communities on quiter parts of the island that just live a normal life, but, for the thousands of Thai's who flock to the big bright lights of Phuket in the search of making their fortune, or finding a rich farang to take care of then, Phuket is nothing like "back home" for them.

As for all the festivals you mention - they are just money making events offered to rich Thai's for a weekend away or part of a package holiday.

Let's call a spade a spade - Phuket has a large sex trade, crime, corruption, drugs, violence and, something I have been noticing lately, a very, very high mortality rate per population from murder and accidents.

Currently, I love it here. Ask me in 5 years and I may have a different opinion. Until then, Phuket is not the only great place to be in SE Asia. I will constantly assess Phuket, and Thailand in general, against other nearby countries and if / when the day comes I see myself happier somewhere else, I will leave.

And, further to my post, above. Driving on the island seems to be one of the main issues for the OP, and many other posters on TV.

As we all know, if a Thai crashes into you (a farang), guess who pays, for everything - you (the farang). Don't forget - "Accident not happen if farang not in Thailand."

On that basis, personally, I don't care how crazy they drive, how rude they are on the road etc etc as long as they don't crash into me, because, even if I am in the right, I have to pay for their medical and their vehicle, as well as my own - and the accident wasn't my fault.

It doesn't matter what you do here, you are farang, and therefore, a target.

Also, let's not forget that Thai visa laws can change just as quick as the "tea money per month" changes. We are all only here as long as the Thai want us to be. We have no rights, no security, and therefore, no stability. These are the facts.

Edited by NamKangMan

I agree with the England bashers and the Thai bashers and that is why I chose to live between the two countries leaving me as happy as a sand boy.

I have a love/hate relationship with both countries for many of the same reasons already mentioned but have discovered that they are the perfect antidote for each other!

I am beginning to think that all the whingeing about Thailand is not all about Thailand but about the discontent of the individual. Is it a symptom of the times?

Always thinking the grass is greener and why do/don't they? why is it that? etc ...will drive you crazy.

Just look at the life styles or lack thereof of people in places like Afghanistan/Iran/Iraq/African etc!

Maybe time to start counting your blessings in Thailand or even sunny Lewisham....

As other posters have said....life is what you make it...it will never be a paradise but like golf ...aiming near the hole not at it can sometimes give a good result. :jap:

OP is simply in the second stage of expat life in Thailand,

First stage is "this place is wonderful, its paradise, the people are fantastic" then some disappointments happen and the rose colored glasses are removed. Thats when the pendulum swings the other way and it becomes a hell on earth populated by the most awful people on the planet. A little time, patience and education leads to the final stage that many people never reach. Its just another place to live, with good thing and bad things and good people and bad people. Just like anywhere else.

It helps if you step back and actually think realistically about things here. It helps if you go home for more than just a month, try 6 months. See if you still think its fab.

You make the choices that make your life what it is, time to figure out what those choices are.

And, further to my post, above. Driving on the island seems to be one of the main issues for the OP, and many other posters on TV.

As we all know, if a Thai crashes into you (a farang), guess who pays, for everything - you (the farang). Don't forget - "Accident not happen if farang not in Thailand."

On that basis, personally, I don't care how crazy they drive, how rude they are on the road etc etc as long as they don't crash into me, because, even if I am in the right, I have to pay for their medical and their vehicle, as well as my own - and the accident wasn't my fault.

It doesn't matter what you do here, you are farang, and therefore, a target.

Also, let's not forget that Thai visa laws can change just as quick as the "tea money per month" changes. We are all only here as long as the Thai want us to be. We have no rights, no security, and therefore, no stability. These are the facts.

this post and the previous one from the same poster only deserve one answer: what a load of crock, don't think i could find one imo true statement, let alone a factual statement.

OP is simply in the second stage of expat life in Thailand,

First stage is "this place is wonderful, its paradise, the people are fantastic" then some disappointments happen and the rose colored glasses are removed. Thats when the pendulum swings the other way and it becomes a hel_l on earth populated by the most awful people on the planet. A little time, patience and education leads to the final stage that many people never reach. Its just another place to live, with good thing and bad things and good people and bad people. Just like anywhere else.

It helps if you step back and actually think realistically about things here. It helps if you go home for more than just a month, try 6 months. See if you still think its fab.

You make the choices that make your life what it is, time to figure out what those choices are.

i went from the first stage directly to the final stage and have been there for over 20 years. :)

So let me get this straight, many people have come here thinking Phuket is some sort of utopia where there is no crime no drugs no unhappy people and everyone drives perfectly but have realised they picked the wrong place.

If this paradise country where there is no crime, everyone is happy and smiling 100% of the time, and everyone drives perfectly is ever found please PM me. It would be much appreciated.