If You Have Time.. These Guys Could Do With A Vist

buzz1812

Ah the story comes out....

Stephen Willcox, 39, from Leicester was given a 33-and-1/2 year prison term and fined 10,000 after admitting possession of drugs including heroin, amphetamines and ecstasy.

Flanaghan was arrested in April last year following a tip-off as he got off a bus in Bangkok. On checking his bag he was found to be carrying 1.5kg of heroin wrapped in rubber ready for swallowing or hiding internally. Flanaghan told officials that Willcox had paid him to transport the drugs.

Now this becomes more interesting.

Sorry, I will keep supporting the orphans home rather than greedy drug dealers.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The OP has not replied with what the guy was actually charged with, but lets move on.
Basically I think there are people far more deserving of our pity, time and resources.  Convicted drug smugglers come pretty far down on my list. :o

Each time I have gone to the childrens orphanage it wrenches my heart out. They have no family and live in very austere surroundings. These children have committed no crime other than being born into very bad luck.

You can't tell me that a 6 month old baby could have changed anything in its live to avoid an orphanage.

I know who I am happy to visit, take some food, clothes and toys to.

Babies and children in orphanages are not drug smugglers or have been committed of other serious or shameful crimes.

Spot on, buddy! Everyone deserves a chance in life, and these kids certainly deserve to be given a first chance.

Drug smugglers have had their chance, and blew it doing something imoral, illegal and stupid, simply to benefit themselves. I feel sorry for them, but not very much.

Bambi.... I'm sure a visit from you would cheer him right up...  :D

totster  :D

well totster .. i fear alil ..never been prison place be4 ..but ..reasons

1 maybe he is lonely ..need brit stuff(i tried to imagine if i was him)

2 seem its complicate/hard to meet him , UK embassy stuff blah blah

etc..

anyhow .. i think its good to please him ..atleast he can feel he is not alone in universe..(yes he live too far from his home ..UK)

Bambi :D

...5 am in LOS , i hve to work tomorrow...anyhow ,,if u want some help , u can PM me ...ciao

I can't believe that this is an idea from the one who call yourself Thai. :o

You should tried to imagine if you were a mom of any children who were harmed by his drug.

This guy deserves the place he is in right now.

If you want to please anyone, please think of people in your country who are really need it instead of the one who harm your country.

Best regards, Yoot (I'm Thai) :D

Edited by yoot

Definately people more desrving to visit in prison that this guy who was just unbelievably stupid. :o

Although have to say to the OP I applaud you forr trying to make things easier for your mate but you will not get a lot of sympathy here considering the crime he got caught with and maybe you should've mentioned that in your post.

I can't believe the guy thought it was a minor crime, what an idiot. :D

I can't see where the website says what he was charged with.

Like what was in his posession, and what quantities etc. We are given this snippet

Steve is currently serving a 33 year sentence for Drug offences

I am keen to understand this.

Also, what is his name, all we get on the website is "Steve", we don't have his last name to understand his crime.

Why doesn't his family pay the 11,000 quid ?

Steve’s full name is Steve Willcox and his address is

Bangkwang, Building 6

117 Nonthaburi road

Nonthaburi 11000

Visiting days for Building 6 Tuesday’s and Thursday’s AM 9 – 11 PM 2 – 2.30

I would still advice you to go to the British Embassy and see Jeff Mitchel to arrange a visit.

Or if you have any Books or unwanted stuff that might be usefull to these guys just leave it at the Embassy with Jeff Mitchel.

Steve is in Bangkwang Possesion of Heroin 24 grams, Possesion of Ecstacy 14 tablets, possesion of Amphetamine 11 tablets, possesion of Marijuana 20grams.

Steve is not looking for simpathy just a friendly visit or a letter from home. He knows that he was stupid and broke the law.

Unfortunately, for obvious reasons Steve can't speak for himself. so I am doing it for him.

Stephen Willcox, 39, from Leicester was given a 33-and-1/2 year prison term and fined 10,000 after admitting possession of drugs including heroin, amphetamines and ecstasy.

Flanaghan was arrested in April last year following a tip-off as he got off a bus in Bangkok. On checking his bag he was found to be carrying 1.5kg of heroin wrapped in rubber ready for swallowing or hiding internally. Flanaghan told officials that Willcox had paid him to transport the drugs.

A man in Bangkok (Flanghan ?) was found with 760 grams of Heroin, he then sent the Police to Steve in Koh Samui. Steve pleaded not guilty to this charge and was found innocent

Last Year ??? Steve has been in prison since 2003

A man in Bangkok (Flanghan ?) was found with 760 grams of Heroin, he then sent the Police to Steve in Koh Samui. Steve pleaded not guilty to this charge and was found innocent

I can't see where the website says what he was charged with.

Like what was in his posession, and what quantities etc. We are given this snippet

Steve is currently serving a 33 year sentence for Drug offences

I am keen to understand this.

Also, what is his name, all we get on the website is "Steve", we don't have his last name to understand his crime.

Why doesn't his family pay the 11,000 quid ?

Steve’s full name is Steve Willcox and his address is

Bangkwang, Building 6

117 Nonthaburi road

Nonthaburi 11000

Visiting days for Building 6 Tuesday’s and Thursday’s AM 9 – 11 PM 2 – 2.30

I would still advice you to go to the British Embassy and see Jeff Mitchel to arrange a visit.

Or if you have any Books or unwanted stuff that might be usefull to these guys just leave it at the Embassy with Jeff Mitchel.

Steve is in Bangkwang Possesion of Heroin 24 grams, Possesion of Ecstacy 14 tablets, possesion of Amphetamine 11 tablets, possesion of Marijuana 20grams.

Steve is not looking for simpathy just a friendly visit or a letter from home. He knows that he was stupid and broke the law.

Unfortunately, for obvious reasons Steve can't speak for himself. so I am doing it for him.

buzz1812 as you are speaking for Steve, is he a drug addict who needs a veritable cocktail of drugs? :D ?

Or is he a guy who was trying to make quick money from selling a variety of drugs? :D ?

Either way, in my book, he is a menace to society and deserves to be where he is! :o !

Khun Bambi,

If you are going to visit this guy, I suggest you get his last name first.  First of all, there may be more than one prisoner called Steve there, and in addition the prison guards may refuse you access if all you have is a first name.

Although I sympetize with the conditions these guys serve in, they have no one to blame but themselves.  There are people suffering in this country who are far more worthy of our spare time and sympathy than these guys. 

Suggest you spend some time on supporting Burmese or Lao refugees, victims of abuse or violence, handicapped people, orphans, the homeless, etc, etc....

"no one to blame but themselves" No one really knows if that is true. There are many in prison from set ups. In any case it is very likely the punishment does not fit the crime.

If you want to support other causes please do. That is not what this thread is about.

Khun Bambi,

If you are going to visit this guy, I suggest you get his last name first.  First of all, there may be more than one prisoner called Steve there, and in addition the prison guards may refuse you access if all you have is a first name.

Although I sympetize with the conditions these guys serve in, they have no one to blame but themselves.  There are people suffering in this country who are far more worthy of our spare time and sympathy than these guys. 

Suggest you spend some time on supporting Burmese or Lao refugees, victims of abuse or violence, handicapped people, orphans, the homeless, etc, etc....

"no one to blame but themselves" No one really knows if that is true. There are many in prison from set ups. In any case it is very likely the punishment does not fit the crime.

If you want to support other causes please do. That is not what this thread is about.

Why Khun Larry? :D ?

Is this thread only for people who want to sympathise with this "fine specimen of a man"???

Get real.... :o

I think what everybody is saying is that if they are going to give their time and money to helping someone out they could be helping someone more desreving, ie. the many people in bad situations that didn't get there because they wanted to make cash by selling drugs to others.

Important note to all posters here, dont bash the OP coz hes just trying to do right by a mate however much of a f.uck up his mate might be.

Khun Bambi,

Is this thread only for people who want to sympathise with this "fine specimen of a man"???

Get real.... :o

Why what? :D ?

Please try to make sense when you post. :D

For this thread I see myself agreeing with Khun Larry for a change.

Also, I really dont see why some of you feel such a strong need to weigh support for the poor or orphans, with visiting somebody who will spend most of his/her life in jail.

I think there is room to show sympathy and provide help for both. Life is not a simple add and subtract game.

For this thread I see myself agreeing with Khun Larry for a change.

Also, I really dont see why some of you feel such a strong need to weigh support for the poor or orphans, with visiting somebody who will spend most of his/her life in jail.

I think there is room to show sympathy and provide help for both. Life is not a simple add and subtract game.

By all means go and see him - it will probably make him feel a bit better, and if you haven't seen the inside of a Thai jail, it is an eyeopener.

But save a thought for the many prisoners, who get no visitors, simply because familiy members cannot get a visa to Thailand, or are illegal aliens or refused citizenship, and therefore cannot show ID, e.g. Burmese or Hmong. These people get no visits from any embassies, have no money to buy proper food, cigarettes or other good and services, and are at the very bottom of the pecking order in the prison. Add to that that some (not all, not even most, but some) have been framed for crimes they did not commit.

Contemplate that, and then see how sorry you feel for foreigners with regular visits from their respective embassies, their own web pages, and the odd donation from well-meaning visiting strangers.

I prefer to spread my pity and surplus resourses elsewhere.

Others may feel otherwise, and I respect that, but I am just telling you what I feel. Not expecting to change anybodys opinion on the subject.

can't believe that this is an idea from the one who call yourself Thai.   :o

why not? .. all people have to have same idea? ..anyway its free webboard , anybody has own thought, sometime similar sometime different...

>>>>i think u misunderstand<<<

my point ...yes Steve deserve to stay in prison .. waht he did , it was really bad..no doubt .....

for that guy , i just thought maybe its ok for give somthing (maybe just one time in life ) coz he has no chance to live outside again .. plus , i live not so far than that prison

anyway..... i will go there or not ..still in my thought ,i dont decide yet...but less chance to go threre ..sound too complicate

You should tried to imagine if you were a mom of any children who were harmed by his drug.
yes i do , that why i think he deserve to stay in jail ..
This guy deserves the place he is in right now.

If you want to  please anyone, please think of people in your country who are really need it instead of the one who harm your country.

agree with you , This guy deserves the place he is in right now..

and i please some people and animal in LOS already .. thanks for advise..

what do u do for them yet?

Regards

Ps, K Yoot , this is not arguement ..just wanna explain what i though..thats it

Edited by BambinA

BambinA you are a nice person. :D

Seconded. :o

Go with your heart Bambi... there are many differing viewpoints presented on this forum... decide for yourself... I'm sure you will be happy with your decision.

:D

Edited by Jai Dee

why not? .. all people  have to have same  idea? ..anyway its  free webboard ,  anybody has own thought, sometime similar  sometime  different...

Agreed with BambinA. :o

Whatever the nature of the crime he committed, and whether or not the punishment fits his crime, he's already paying the price by serving his sentence. And if a law and society that put Steve in prison allows that a person with namjai like BambinA can go visit a prisoner, then he/she should be allowed to go on his/her free will. Put it simple, it's up to a free person like BambinA how she wants to spend her free time on her free will in a free country like Thailand.

Thank you for Khun Boatabike,Khun Jai dee and Khun Nordlys for understand my point ..

At first time i read this thread.. what i think was... oh, i live 10-15 mins from Bang Kwang .. well if i m not busy..and not complicate to go there , its ok to see him..maybe give him some food, underwear ..etc

......this is an example that i try to explain......

like few months ago, in TH we donated brassiere and tampon for women prisoner ..

do u think , people who did bad in past and now they stay in place that they deserve to live .....but they dont desrve to have bra and tampon?

Regards

Bambi

Edited by BambinA

I agree with you guys, Bambina is a nice person. :o

why not? .. all people have to have same idea? ..anyway its free webboard , anybody has own thought, sometime similar sometime different...

>>>>i think u misunderstand<<<

I didn't say that you should have the same idea with me. I know this is free webboard and anybody has own thought.

My point is I just can't believe it!! I hope you won't misunderstand. I only tell you my own thought.

For others' comments of foreigners I have no idea to agree or disagree. But I have a question. Would you guys like to please any criminal who commits a major crime in your country, especially that criminal is a foreigner? Be honest.

a free country like Thailand

Thailand is a free country. But not that free till any criminals can commit a crime and every Thais would forgive them.

I agree if Bambina wants to spend her free times in the jail to please a criminal, she can do, it's her free will in this free country.

what do u do for them yet?

I'm a selfish guy, satisfied?

You always wonder me with your thought. :D

You should read some of your posts in other topics and rethink about it. You forgot to please someone who is important for your life.

I should stop because I don't want this become to be an argument either. Sorry .

I agree with you guys, Bambina is a nice person.  :D

thanks dear .. sometime im b1tchy too :D

I didn't say that you should have the same idea with me. I know this is free webboard and anybody has own thought. 

My point is I just can't believe it!!  I hope you won't misunderstand. I only tell you my own thought.

dearest Khun Yoot .. you have your right to think and talk out loud..lol i m not upset nor misunderstand you ja
I'm a selfish guy, satisfied?

You always wonder me with your thought.  :D

nahh..i just bite you for fun.. im sorry :D

You should read some of your posts in other topics and rethink about it. You forgot to please someone who is important for your life.
..i think i can guess what do you mean ..but im not sure exactly whatt u mean its the same way what i guess
I should stop because I don't want this become to be an argument either. Sorry .

ohhh...nooo lol ... not argument at all ... all of us in TV just trade our idea, thought and experience.. it's fun isn't it? :o

Regards

Edited by BambinA

For others' comments of foreigners I have no idea to agree or disagree. But I have a question. Would you guys like to please any criminal who commits a major crime in your country, especially that criminal is a foreigner?  Be honest.

A criminal is a criminal, it doesn't make any difference to me if it's a foreigner or a Thai. I think they should get the same treatment. But if I want to go visit a prisoner, I'd probably choose to see a foreign inmate who might be receiving a fewer visits than Thai inmates whose families and friends are in Thailand and therefore presumably receiving more frequent visits than foreign inmates.

Edited by Nordlys

For others' comments of foreigners I have no idea to agree or disagree. But I have a question. Would you guys like to please any criminal who commits a major crime in your country, especially that criminal is a foreigner?  Be honest.

A criminal is a criminal, it doesn't make any difference to me if it's a foreigner or a Thai. I think they should get the same treatment. But if I want to go visit a prisoner I'd probably choose to see a foreign inmate who might be receiving a fewer visits than Thai inmates whom I assume to be receiving more frequent visits than foreign prisoners whose families and friends are not in Thailand.

:o thats my point too

Bambi

Khun Bambi,

Get real.... :D

Why what? :D ?

Please try to make sense when you post. :D

Why is this thread not about supporting other causes rather than visiting this man?

Surely members can make posts that offer an alternative point of view.... :o

But then I'm sure you understood that and just fancied a pop at someone who dared to disagree with you! :D !

QUOTE(Nordlys @ 2005-07-08 13:39:54)

QUOTE(yoot @ 2005-07-08 12:22:07)

A criminal is a criminal, it doesn't make any difference to me if it's a foreigner or a Thai. I think they should get the same treatment. But if I want to go visit a prisoner I'd probably choose to see a foreign inmate who might be receiving a fewer visits than Thai inmates whom I assume to be receiving more frequent visits than foreign prisoners whose families and friends are not in Thailand.

thats my point too

Bambi

What K.Yoot doesn't understand is why a Thai person would want to help a "farang" drug dealer in jail. A Thai, fair enough. But come on Bambi, you can't be Thai if you want to visit a farang, doesn't make sense.

It is not the fact that he is a drug dealer, I used to stay near the prison(and have been), and seen many many Thai people visiting strangers for compassionate reasons or making merit or whatever.

Anyone who has stayed in Thailand for a while knows that Thais stick together, and do not go out there way to help ANY farang who has done something that is negative towards their country.

I have been to prisons in the UK visiting drug offenders, and many of them K.Yoot were Asians and other foreigners.

Bang Kwang is crowded with visitors on Buddhist holidays, some even do visit the farang prisoners.

What K.Yoot doesn't understand is why a Thai person would want to help a "farang" drug dealer in jail. A Thai, fair enough. But come on Bambi, you can't be Thai if you want to visit a farang, doesn't make sense.

It is not the fact that he is a drug dealer, I used to stay near the prison(and have been), and seen many many Thai people visiting strangers for compassionate reasons or making merit or whatever.

Anyone who has stayed in Thailand for a while knows that Thais stick together, and do not go out there way to help ANY farang who has done something that is negative towards their country.

I have been to prisons in the UK visiting drug offenders, and many of them K.Yoot were Asians and other foreigners.

Bang Kwang is crowded with visitors on Buddhist holidays, some even do visit the farang prisoners.

Thanks K.Neeranam for your answer.

I know many people often go Bang Kwang on Buddhist holiday, to visit the prisoners who they never known, including 'Farang' for the reasons you mentioned. They visit all of them by not separate any crimes they committed.

My point is if anyone who lives near by that area and has never had any ideas to visit any of them before was asked for by a stranger to visit for pleasing a totally stranger who commits a majoy crime in your country ,would you like to do it by don't think anything just want to please someone? Don't you think that guy has done something bad to your country? Does it make sense?

Ok,every prisoners who are in jails deserve to have something they need ,such as bra or tampon as K.Bambina said. It's different between give them to everyone there and specific with the one. Why this guy need to treat more better than others especially from a Thai girl? That is my point.

I may have too much bad strong feeling with these criminals ,both Thais and Farangs. :o

Edited by yoot