Inception, Anyone Seen It?

thaigerd

I thought it was going to be more of an action movie, instead it was a psychological thriller. Up to half way through it was loosing me, then it all started to come together, and by the end I was completely satisfied with it (despite the plot holes !). I'd happily see it again. Not as good as Memento, but more approachable.

**** Spoiler alert****

So... does the token drop ?

Thoroughly enjoyable. Decent performances by Decaprio and Joseph Gordon-Levitt. Although difficult to follow at times. Lots of arbitrary rules for the dream sequences which weren't always consistent with what the characters experienced. Other than that, great special effects and locations. Ellen Page still looks too much like the 13-14 year old she played in Hard Candy and Juno to be a college kid designing dreamscapes tho.

Went to see this aft .....

Load of pretentious claptrap, I managed to last to the end.

My pal fell asleep 1/2 way through, I had to wake him up when he started snoring.

Don't waste your money!

Oh yeah .... it was all a dream, the children never aged.

Went to see this aft .....

Load of pretentious claptrap, I managed to last to the end.

My pal fell asleep 1/2 way through, I had to wake him up when he started snoring.

Don't waste your money!

Oh yeah .... it was all a dream, the children never aged.

Way to spoil it for those that haven't seen it. Or maybe not.... Your conclusion can be debated on many fronts.

This won't make sense unless you have seen the movie, so you can still read it if you haven't seen it. I don't spoil anything, only provide alternatives to sarahsbloke position.

Two sets of kids were cast as Cobbs children...one set are credited as 3 years old and 20 months old, the other pair credited as 5 years and 3 years old, IE about 1.5 to two years older.

Don't forget that in dream state time moves much faster for the dreamer relative to those in the real world, and much faster each additional level you go down. E.G. Time will not pass as fast for the people awake than as the dreamers. This could help explain the children not aging much even when Cobb and Mal were dreaming for 50 years.

The childrens clothes/shoes are subtly different between what is supposed to be real and what is supposed to be dream.

A recurring theme delineating dream from reality is the wedding band Cobb wears when in dream state, and none when awake. He has none in the final scene when he meets his children.

Of course it's just a science fiction movie, and the writer/director Christopher Nolan did all this to leave everyone wondering, and thinking. In the end it doesn't really matter. The point of the scene showing Cobb walking away from his totem before it topples, or doesn't topple, shows he no longer cares whether he is in a dream or reality, which is ironic because he spends the whole movie obsessing about whether he is in a dream state or awake. He is just happy to be with his kids again.

Maybe the movie was too complex for some, but inception is getting an 87% fresh rating at rotten tomato.

The Ellen Page/Joseph Gordon-Levitt “give me a kiss” moment was priceless. The scene really harked back to classic Hollywood.

I think it was a great movie for what it was, visually amazing, emotionally cold, but it bored me to death. Agreed you must watch multiple times to catch all the details. My conclusion, I don't care at all about the characters so won't bother on the repeat viewings. I think its hard to know if you have the temperament to enjoy this movie without trying it yourself. It is rather unique. I don't regret giving it a try anyway.

Edited by Jingthing

I thoroughly enjoyed it. The abstract concepts reminded me of philosophy 1 at university. There were plenty of good action scenes throughout.

Ticket prices at SFX in Central have risen, you cannot get a large coke anymore only a jumbo size, same with popcorn, unless you buy the combo.

Edited by Valentine

I thought it was going to be more of an action movie, instead it was a psychological thriller. Up to half way through it was loosing me, then it all started to come together, and by the end I was completely satisfied with it (despite the plot holes !). I'd happily see it again. Not as good as Memento, but more approachable.

**** Spoiler alert****

So... does the token drop ?

i am still working out dune