No Words From Thaksin On Thai Politics

george

No words from PM on Thai politics

BANGKOK: -- Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra has refused to give any interviews on political issues, saying he wants to wait until the Mercury returns to its normal orbit.

Rounded by journalists at the Government House here as usual this morning, the prime minister merely said that the weather was fine, and that he did not sleep well last night.

He refused to give any comments on political issues asked by the journalists, including yesterday's resignation of Deputy Commerce Minister Suriya Lapwisuthisin and the results of his meeting with Minister Attached to the Prime Minister's Office Suranand Vejjajiva and Deputy Transport Minister Phumtham Vejjayachai last night.

The deputy commerce minister decided to tender his resignation after his siblings, who are executives of a Thai wellknown cooking gas business, Picnic Corporation, were alleged by the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) last week of business misconduct.

The Thaksin cabinet has also been tainted by an alleged corruption scandal concerning the Ministry of Transport's procurement of CTX 9000 bomb scanners for Bangkok's new international airport, or the Suvarnabhumi Airport.

Mr. Thaksin has avoided political interviews since he returned from the 2nd Greater Mekong Sub-region (GMS) Summit in southern China Tuesday night, saying he is waiting for the Mecury to return to its normal orbit.

It is widely expected that the prime minister will announce a minor cabinet reshuffle soon.

--TNA 2005-07-07

No words from PM on Thai politics 

BANGKOK: -- Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra has refused to give any interviews on political issues, saying he wants to wait until the Mercury returns to its normal orbit.

Ah - This is what I love about Thailand - it never, ever gets boring! Always a daft statement from a minister to brighten up my day :o

It should be the new TAT slogan: "Thailand - every day is like April 1st!"

"... until the Mercury returns to its normal orbit."

Can anyone help me? I'm trying to understand these Asian mysteries... is this a bad translation of some Thai saying that means "until the situation stabilizes" or is Mr. T just trying to emulate G.W.?

"... until the Mercury returns to its normal orbit."

Can anyone help me? I'm trying to understand these Asian mysteries...  is this a bad translation of some Thai saying that means "until the situation stabilizes" or is Mr. T just trying to emulate G.W.?

According to my wife, he said he would check with his astrologer before answering any more questions from the media.

Cor, I'd love to use this as a reason not to answer any questions. Could keep people waiting for years.

Oh Sorry Venus is at a low.

My my. I would answer but, gee you know with Mars at blah blah blah.

Could you imagine criminals, etc using this in their defense.

I didn't mean to shoot them. But with Mercury in retrograde and venus rising I really didn't have a choice.

Now students have a reason for not doing their homework. LOL

Carl

Edited by carlthailand

That's exactly the same reason I don't want to hand this project over to a client just yet. Would rather wait for that orbit to sort itself out first, coz you never know 'n all...

"he is waiting for the Mecury to return to its normal orbit. "

He means wait for the temperature (political) to cool. Poor translation, should be "level" I guess.

May be, but my wife mentioned that he had said he wanted to speak to his astrologer before making any more statements.

Now, that's what I call real CEO leadership! :o