35,000 Against Bangkok Airways?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Isn;t the lomprayah / Nok air total time 4.5 hours Smokie?

Its a long way to Nathon Rooo....especially if carmine is driving.....Like in the friends signature tune 'He's always stuck in second gear' :guitar:

Edit: Just to add I've done it in a minivan....those guys certainly believe in reincarnation! :crying:

Edited by smokie36

This is thread # 2,158 Re BKK Air.

Yess, and people still can't admit that they give a good service.

I will not be back on Samui but to use Air asia to Saigon I had to book a night hotel, 650baht, becouse they do not have a lot of flights and even if they had more flights the ticket is fixed.

Every time I came to Samui i just booked a flight, sure that at the check in Bkkair would have put me on the first available one.

But i've to admit my last "rscape" via Singapore to avoid Bangkok problems was really expensive.

The island is expensive too, so who cares...

You will get only rich people, the best kind of tourists :rolleyes:

This is thread # 2,158 Re BKK Air.

Yess, and people still can't admit that they give a good service.

I will not be back on Samui but to use Air asia to Saigon I had to book a night hotel, 650baht, becouse they do not have a lot of flights and even if they had more flights the ticket is fixed.

Every time I came to Samui i just booked a flight, sure that at the check in Bkkair would have put me on the first available one.

But i've to admit my last "rscape" via Singapore to avoid Bangkok problems was really expensive.

The island is expensive too, so who cares...

You will get only rich people, the best kind of tourists :rolleyes:

I'd settle for a fixed time if the price was halved. The best kind of tourists eh? More five star hotel development isn't my idea of progress I'm afraid.

I'd settle for a fixed time if the price was halved. The best kind of tourists eh? More five star hotel development isn't my idea of progress I'm afraid.

Why? The 5 star hotels and luxury villas are the only nicely constructed buildings on Samui. The rest is absolute crap. Would you rather see around cheap blocky apartments and rows of same-same town-houses like in Patong?

That's one of the reasons why I suggested earlier that keeping some exclusivity of Samui and installing a second airport not at Samui itself but somewhere near-by would be the best way to go.

The 5 star hotels and luxury villas are the only nicely constructed buildings on Samui. The rest is absolute crap. Would you rather see around cheap blocky apartments and rows of same-same town-houses like in Patong?

That's one of the reasons why I suggested earlier that keeping some exclusivity of Samui and installing a second airport not at Samui itself but somewhere near-by would be the best way to go.

Notime. You must be going round with your eyes closed! How can you say that the 5 star hotels are nicely constructed?? Have a look at Conrad, and the new hotel in Bhoput and the ruined hillside between Chong Mon and Chaweng and so on. They are simply disgraceful and cheap and blocky.

Whatever the views regarding the interminable whinge about high air fares are, the present unconstrained construction will be the

final nail as far as the islands future goes.

Building more airports to try to bring down fares is not logical or can be justified for that reason alone. There is no capacity problem at any of the airports within a 60 mile radius of Samui. I would guess that if and only if, the BA calculation for their 'break even' load factors are compromised then we might see some price reductions on flights other than the 'red-eye' flights.

The 5 star hotels and luxury villas are the only nicely constructed buildings on Samui. The rest is absolute crap. Would you rather see around cheap blocky apartments and rows of same-same town-houses like in Patong?

Notime. You must be going round with your eyes closed! How can you say that the 5 star hotels are nicely constructed?? Have a look at Conrad, and the new hotel in Bhoput and the ruined hillside between Chong Mon and Chaweng and so on. They are simply disgraceful and cheap and blocky.

Whatever the views regarding the interminable whinge about high air fares are, the present unconstrained construction will be the

final nail as far as the islands future goes.

Building more airports to try to bring down fares is not logical or can be justified for that reason alone. There is no capacity problem at any of the airports within a 60 mile radius of Samui. I would guess that if and only if, the BA calculation for their 'break even' load factors are compromised then we might see some price reductions on flights other than the 'red-eye' flights.

Yep beat me to it Gator. Notime kindly enlighten me as to these wonderful and well constructed 5* hotels. Where are they? you know the ones in keeping with the local surroundings.....not eyesores which have necessitated the chopping down of beautiful trees which had been there 100 years or more etc.....the only place I can think of coming close is Poppies....over to you on that one....but really the construction should stop and be properly regulated in keeping with (what's left of) Samui's natural habitat.

Another airport on Samui would be lunacy.