If You'Re Listening To Music Now... Whats Playing? 4

Jockstar

Great line from the man from Hull there DB- 'she was high on her heels but down on her luck'.

Reminds me of the Liverpool poet, Roger McGough- 'I wanted her grass verges but she gave me the hard shoulder'- he spent a considerable time in Hull along with Philip Larkin

God knows how they managed to create anything memorable after gazing at the river Humber with the tide out on a cold winters's day, truly a sight of utter despair and hopelessness for anyone of any sensibility, never mind a poet

Eric saw the light ,or should I say the mud and slime, before others.

• Like 1

What a great clip that Daltrey and Wilko clip is DB, a superb blending of the eras and such a great number- and in the light of Wilco's miraculous recovery .....it's true, you rock till you drop.

I remember distinctly a headline in 'Disc and Record Mirror" back in 1970, it was a letter from a disgruntled reader and screamed- ' Time for Lennon and Jagger to leave the stage, they're over 30' Little did the reader know Jagger would still be whooping it up 46 years later.

In the meantime the man with the dodgy hairstyle and policies that are already making exceptions,(important Muslims can get visas for the US) has been told he can't always get what he wants from The Stones, so maybe he should turn to this number to denigrate Hillary,...... but I hope she whips the prick.in November.

• Like 1

The longest hot spell in 65 years they say,(were they keeping records back then?),if it carries on like this I might stat pining for the bracing winds of Skegness and that will never do.

We've had a lot of wind around Udon lately, more than a breeze really, but no real rain.