If You'Re Listening To Music Now... Whats Playing? 4

Jockstar

I went to see these boys at the Usher Hall - I can't remember if it was the same year as I went to see Mirriam. Happy days, back in the cultural capital of the world

Mind, if we're talking miles, then I've always thought of this as more of a homecoming song

Although if we're talking fire, that takes us back to the first song - unless we're talking Chariots Offiah

And if we're going to post that, we have to post a bit of Johnny Wilkinson...

That is the mark of the greatest of sportsmen, complimenting Owen Farrell on his selection for the British Lions. It really makes you proud to be British

SC

Good gawd behave yerself man will you, almost made me spit my coffee out all over the keyboard.

Albert Tatlock, what can I say.

I remember watching that crap at my grans house on a old black and white telly years ago.

Little did I know that years later I would be married to a Thai who watches the same crap in glorious technicolour.

Poor old Uncle Albert, Ken was always such a dissapointment to him.

I went sailing in Lochore

Monkey's brother got a job in Hong Kong - apparently he could get me a ticket for the sevens...

SC

• Like 2

Never got to see the Skids play, had the ticket but the gig was cancelled because Richard Jobson had a sore throat - the posing puff. Still have a few of their records.

Years later did get to see Big Country play live at Hillsborough in Sheffield. I am happy about that.

Stuart Adamson RIP.

• Like 1

This one is for rgs

Get ye behind me Satan, might have to put you on my ignore list (LOL).

Happy Hour again, two prix for the price of one, brilliant stuff, check out the teeth on the pontificating <deleted>, guess who else is missing from this Unholy Trinty of tawatness?

Cheers, thanx for the laugh, laugh, I almost pissed my pants, great stuff.

Anyway as way of thanx, check out this belter, love the single chord garage band sound, the Boys shred up this classic, the way it should have been played in the first place.

I know you may find it hard to believe, there is actually someone I despise more than Old Whispering, a Gobby stuck up cow, with an infuriating accent and an, I am so stuck up my own ass and know whats best for you attitude, this cow epitomized everything that was wrong with the "Beeb"

Clue, "Yoof kulture", no, not that gobby Jock cow Muriel Gray.

Who?

Nice bit of slide there.

A bit before my time, I always lumped them (wrongly) in alongside others such as The Groundhogs and Budgie.

They were always the bridesmaid, always second fiddle or the opening act to the headliners.

Remind me very much of this lot.

Heres another band who should have been massive, wrong place wrong time?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PS9_XXuXEJk

Not really a fan of lam cing but this troupe certainly has a few good points! After seeing a Grammy concert on Sat I am beginning to think it's only the like of Topline and EVS that are keeping real country music going, the two big companies seem to produce more and more watered down material and phua cheewit and what is really pop posing as luktung. Dancer at 14m min is pretty good

Edited by jacky54
  • Like 2

Not really a fan of lam cing but this troupe certainly has a few good points! After seeing a Grammy concert on Sat I am beginning to think it's only the like of Topline and EVS that are keeping real country music going, the two big companies seem to produce more and more watered down material and phua cheewit and what is really pop posing as luktung. Dancer at 14m min is pretty good

I blame Carabao and his poxy pleng cheewit crap of about 10+ years ago.

Sanatana must be turning his head in disbelief.

Let me just post this, chaps, before I check out your links

Bought from Golden Oldies in the West End somewhere walking up to Haymarket on a Friday night walking back from the factory

I'd have posted some more links, but the only band I saw in Haymarket was these chaps in Valentinos... the stage was a wee alcove off the bar, and they looked like they were performing on television (I'll not post another link to TV Stars) (Sorry, couldn't help myself)

Sometimes, you (I) start off these posts, and you think you (I) don't know where it's going to end, but you're wrong, very wrong

SC

I don't know if you chaps have been to these Members only clubs, for the wheeler-dealers and their dolls...I know now I was better off when I was back home, better off when was at school

Thaiboys mightaswell shovethirwhisslesuptheurarses - thisispraperwhsslin'

This is proper whistling....

SC

I blame Carabao and his poxy pleng cheewit crap of about 10+ years ago.

Sanatana must be turning his head in disbelief.

Don't you know that all falang are meant to adore him, and that wife beating druggie Sek Loso, I never understood it myself. Can't stand that Carabao rubbish, middle class bloke posing as a working class hero playing the same stuff for 30 years.

I do like a bit of phua cheewit though Boawee and Cham cham ram are ok and extremely nice people, but the culture of cheewit I don't like, dressing down, reluctant to accept or wear mali, most of the songs and singers I can't stand. Here's a good one though that got to 40 million views a couple of years ago before Grammy had it pulled when they put up their own youtube site. The other half likes him so been to dozens of his concerts, very good band and the friendliest singer of all.

Edited by jacky54
  • Like 1