If You'Re Listening To Music Now... Whats Playing? 4

Jockstar

The West Country is a wonderful part of England, it has to be said the coastline and its towns- Portishead, Clevedon, Weston-Super-Mare, are only attractive when the tide is in, hiding the mud, and the sky is clear ( rare),, giving the sea a blue rather than the usual turgid brown colour, but the Mendip hills and the villages with their beautiful sandstone are gorgeous. Things get even better when you get into Dorset,Devon and Cornwall.

Bristol is a great town, full of hills with the Georgian Crescents on top and down to the communities of St Pauls and Easton, wonderful for cycling, you can get from the richest to the poorest district in 20 minutes. And then there are the docks.A vibrant scene of diversity.

Gotta give this band kudos for daring to call themselves Portishead. it's like a London band calling themselves 'Neasden' or a band from Berkshire titled 'Slough', places not associated with romance and mystique.

Yet what a sound! Great.

Minnie, are you from the West country ?

• Like 1

The West Country is a wonderful part of England, it has to be said the coastline and its towns- Portishead, Clevedon, Weston-Super-Mare, are only attractive when the tide is in, hiding the mud, and the sky is clear ( rare),, giving the sea a blue rather than the usual turgid brown colour, but the Mendip hills and the villages with their beautiful sandstone are gorgeous. Things get even better when you get into Dorset,Devon and Cornwall.

Bristol is a great town, full of hills with the Georgian Crescents on top and down to the communities of St Pauls and Easton, wonderful for cycling, you can get from the richest to the poorest district in 20 minutes. And then there are the docks.A vibrant scene of diversity.

Gotta give this band kudos for daring to call themselves Portishead. it's like a London band calling themselves 'Neasden' or a band from Berkshire titled 'Slough', places not associated with romance and mystique.

Yet what a sound! Great.

Minnie, are you from the West country ?

No, but I have visited those parts. Portishead daring to call themselves Portishead LOL great band, I'm a fan and of this lot below.

Tukky, I've always liked this song by Mike Pirompon about Issan. his birthplace, a small village, 80 km from Udon. It's only 3 km from our house, I see him roaring down the village roads in his 4 wheel drive sometimes, driving way too fast!

As mentioned on another thread rock musicians are dropping dead at an alarming rate- Neil Young, Pete Townsend, Roger Waters, please, please hang around for another 10 years at least.

In the early 70 s if you wanted to chat up any self-respecting girl , you had to have this album from which this song comes from -

RIP Glenn Frey