If You'Re Listening To Music Now... Whats Playing? 4

Jockstar

1 hour ago, ajarngreg said:

As one of the best foreign teachers in this country, I thought it should be education related:

The cane Waters got whacked with looked rather flimsy in the 50-year Floyd foundation exhibition.. We used to get caned with the school's billiard cues with the result that all our cues were mere stumps or were sheared with half the side missing. Still we played on,

10 hours ago, MJCM said:

Do you know that this is a cover ??

This is the original one (from 1962 !!)

You mean 1981, the group was formed in 1969 and this record is from 1981 from the album Changes. And no I didn't know Mighty Diamonds were behind the original .

Edited by balo
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, balo said:

You mean 1981, the group was formed in 1969 and this record is from 1981 from the album Changes. And no I didn't know Mighty Diamonds were behind the original .

Edit: Sorry you are right. Must have mistaken that one with another one.

Edited by MJCM

13 hours ago, tutsiwarrior said:

'little stevie' winwood circa 1966...if that don't get yer foot tappin' nothin' will...wild on weed and red wine and the pedal to the metal...

Something similar (pedal to the metal that is ;))

Edited by MJCM
  • Like 2

Keep your shoes on Ajarn Greg. The Simon and Garfunkel  version was an enormous hit back in the days. Funnily enough myself and a colleague were just reminiscing about Scarborough the other day. The lovely cliffs and footpaths. The model boat show on the pond.

The arcades. It was, and probably still is, the best seaside town in Yorkshire.

Shame the weather was often so crap, that wind off the North Sea could be brutal.

Plenty of seagulls.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bannork said:

Keep your shoes on Ajarn Greg. The Simon and Garfunkel  version was an enormous hit back in the days. Funnily enough myself and a colleague were just reminiscing about Scarborough the other day. The lovely cliffs and footpaths. The model boat show on the pond.

The arcades. It was, and probably still is, the best seaside town in Yorkshire.

Shame the weather was often so crap, that wind off the North Sea could be brutal.

Plenty of seagulls.

Thanks for the nice post and keeping my shoes on. But I also love Simon & Garfunkel's version in New York's Central park. I wish we could beam us to the concert now....

Edited by ajarngreg
  • Like 1