If You'Re Listening To Music Now... Whats Playing? 4

Jockstar

On 11/30/2017 at 5:33 PM, Digitalbanana said:

John Cooper Clarke - The New Assassin [1982 Peel ver]

I like the lyrics but just listen to that accent- it reeks misery! That's the North for yer.

Lancashire or Yorkshire, take your pick, they sound downright miserable all the way down the M6,  and when they get to Buuuurmingham- well , what can you say? 

But the thing is, if you go north to Newcastle the accent picks up,.There's melody and inflection. 

• Like 2

Who says that Millenials can't make great music? This is reminiscent of music of the rock era of the 60's - 70's.

Greta Van Fleet - Black Smoke Rising

Great new band !
Couldn’t play your video unfortunately but I have “discovered “ this band recently and do like them a lot. I posted a couple of their songs earlier, check out Highway Tune and Safari Song !

They are getting some criticism that they sound too much like Zep ( mainly around the vocalist ) and I can see why but still like ‘em !

I like the lyrics but just listen to that accent- it reeks misery! That's the North for yer.
 Lancashire or Yorkshire, take your pick, they sound downright miserable all the way down the M6,  and when they get to Buuuurmingham- well , what can you say? 
But the thing is, if you go north to Newcastle the accent picks up,.There's melody and inflection. 
[/url]  

Oi ! Leave Yorkshire out of this !!

JCC is from Salford, so basically a Manchester accent, he’s still touring and I saw him on some panel show a couple of weeks ago and have to admit his accent is pretty depressing. Hopefully he never does any Morrissey covers as the balcony jumping might go on the increase !! ?

On the bright side though; loved the Seagull video, one of my favourites and Paul’s voice as always is excellent.

Here’s a similar one from Paul - Soul of love