Download Problem With Visa Form From Hull

Hi all

I did a search but couldn't find any topic on this problem.

Any download of any form at Hull website comes out as garbage, I have the options of viewing on notepad or wordpad with the same mangled output.

I have downloaded these forms from Liverpool/Birmingham/Glasgow consulates & they print out just fine.

I remember reading somewhere that each consulate prefer their own forms but I would like to use Hull as they have a great approval rate with other BMs.

Am I missing something obvious with the D/L issue at the Hull website.

I could send a SAE to Hull for forms to be posted but I would like to resolve this as I'm sure the D/L thing is a simple fix. The forms come in .DOC & even in MS Works I can't save to a printable format.

Anyone have a similar problem ?

cheers roger007

download the file and then add to the end .doc - example download AB file which is standard Visa Application Pack, and then once downloaded add the .doc to the end of the file name AB, it will then open in microsoft word. I have had this problem with the hull site for a while.

Downloads from Hull are in Microsoft Word format.

If you don't have MS Word maybe you could use Open Office to view/print them.

You are the Man!!! :jap:

Just downloaded Open Office & I now have 2 sets of the Visa forms(Hull) I needed.

To think I've been pondering over this for weeks & all it took was a post on here and a helpful BM.

I've just opened a bottle of Cava & the first glass will be a toast to you & TV.:D

Thanks again Roger007 (also thanks to Steve187 for his input)

Edited by roger007

I tried to upload the AB pack as a works document but, for some reason I got the message 'you aren't permitted to upload this kind of file'

pm me your email and I'll send it to you if you like.

Cheers,

Biff

Edit, ok i see you have it now anyway :lol:

Edited by bifftastic

Downloads from Hull are in Microsoft Word format.

If you don't have MS Word maybe you could use Open Office to view/print them.

You are the Man!!! :jap:

Just downloaded Open Office & I now have 2 sets of the Visa forms(Hull) I needed.

To think I've been pondering over this for weeks & all it took was a post on here and a helpful BM.

I've just opened a bottle of Cava & the first glass will be a toast to you & TV.:D

Thanks again Roger007 (also thanks to Steve187 for his input)

Glad I could help.

Good luck with the Visa!

Good you got it sorted.

I remember having the same issue, IIRC the forms downloaded correctly using Internet Explorer (I'm a FireFox man myself).

EDIT. Just tried it, IE downloads correctly, FF for some reason leaves the extension blank, as noted above add the .doc extension and it should work.

I would be very careful with OpenOffice if you do not know how the form is supposed to look as have never had a form saved in Word retain correct format. I try every year or so expecting magic but all I get is the same bad display.

Had the same problem in June (did not have the same problem one year previously). I phoned Hull - they did not care to answer why the darned thing aint working, but rather sent me an e-mail Word version that did open.

I'm surprised they haven't sorted this out yet. Get your finger out Hull!